What's the most you have spent on a set? (1 Viewer)

Luckily I'm a borderline minimalist that's only interested in customs.

CPC about $1400 USD, not including the future add-on ;)

At once. I am scared to find out how much money people have spent over time on sets. It is an expensive hobby
In that case, $4400 for my CPC set coming this summer.

Don't let that scare you off from CPC's though. The set is 1400 chips large. You can buy a nice set of 600 fully custom CPC's with simple edge spots for less than $1500. For a single table of 10 players, you can get by on 500 chips for a cash set and 400 for a tournament.

My set is only so large because it will be both an 8 player limit set and a single table cash set that can cover stakes anywhere from 0.10/0.20 to $1/$2 comfortably.

$13.5/chip

F7CD7BB3-7ABF-4951-940A-DE77F81F39EB.jpeg

Out of the sets that I currently own, $2500'ish. @ekricket has them in his possession. This set will easily cover two full tables at multiple stakes.

In the past I have owned a 5k set. Again, that could host two tables.

I have a set of TRK's and PNY's. Both are one table sets only. They are both in the $2200 range I think.

The most expensive of any of the chips is the PNY $20 chip. I have two barrels at $15 per chip.

Heh.

I’ll let you know when I’m done. I’d actually count the sum total of my current two and future one set, as they’re all a result of poor planning at the start and rushing to get in on a mold production at the last second.

I actually, purposely, sat out the current diasqr run despite my next set using that mold. I really want to get this set right: colors, spots, denoms, inlay/stamp, and quantity.

Had I taken my time and done it right from the start, I would have just purchased one amazing set for a faction of the total cost.

Fortunately, I switched my work uniform from custom suits and high end shoes to hoodies and sneakers, so I’m lucky that I’m able to absorb the error (albeit with angst).

But if you’re looking to see how expensive sets can get, check out WW’s sales. Lovely sets, all.

It will definitely be the set I am working on now. Started going one direction, then shifted thoughts. Then I was drinking tequila thinking....why not do secondaries and include both sets of chips.

How much? I refuse to total it up that way I can honestly tell my wife that I don't know how much the set cost. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20220407_073351.jpg
20220407_073441.jpg

if youre looking for a chip price range for a set you'll find some people buy sets for $50 and others have paid $20k+ it all depends on what youre looking for and what youre comfortable spending. I started with buying $100 sets and i've probably spend $5k on each of my cash sets now. but over the 15+ years i've been chipping ive spent probably $50K in chips but i buy sell trade then buy sell trade again and again

The most I have spent on sets has definitely been when I've done it eBay style - one chip at a time. But when you're only overpaying for a chip a week or a couple per month, it's a lot easier to tolerate. And it gives you something to do.
But it’s not easy to recoup those costs either.

Last edited:
This little slice of BCC heaven cost me a pretty penny…
View attachment 898941

I won’t disclose my price. I way overpaid, and I’d never recover my cost, I’m sure, but it’s okay to be stuck with them until my passing days!
I don't blame you! That's a gorgeous set.

For me, my only set: Here on the mail showcase thread

I include everything in the purchase:
1,200 chips were $600
Poker Table is $1700 (being built)
Carrying Cases: $140
Cards: $35
Cut-Cards & Dealer Buttons: $25

I will likely need to get chairs at some point, but for now I'll just attribute 10 of our kitchen chairs to the set: $700.

All in the setup is: $3,200.

I was thinking I'd do CPC customs at some point, but I got some rounders samples and I just don't like the feel of them. So probably saved myself some money there. I will end up getting a ceramic set at some point for tournaments and board games, that'll be around $1,100.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom