What else do you collect? (2 Viewers)

Hey! It's great to see you around again. Your Villagio hot stamps are one of my favorite sets. Great color combos and holographic foil. How about some pron one of these days?

Thanks! Glad to hear you remember them. I'd love to post photos but the chips are all back in Europe with my family. I'm currently station in Korea on my own, doing a 1 year remote tour of duty, so I don' have them with me, unfortunately. It took me a lot of effort to arrive at the color combos and spots for the Villagios. I poured over all my favorite chip styles and colors to come up with the set and am very happy with how they all turned out.

Thanks! Glad to hear you remember them. I'd love to post photos but the chips are all back in Europe with my family. I'm currently station in Korea on my own, doing a 1 year remote tour of duty, so I don' have them with me, unfortunately. It took me a lot of effort to arrive at the color combos and spots for the Villagios. I poured over all my favorite chip styles and colors to come up with the set and am very happy with how they all turned out.

They are sweet. I have thought about borrowing several of the spot combos. They all looked very bright together.

I collect pachislo slot machines. Buy them play them resell them. The most Ive had at one time is 12. I have my favorite 4 that I have always kept. Also have a big collection of vintage garbage pail kids, baseball cards from my younger days(huge canseco collection) and light up lottery and keno signs.

20140220_201837.jpg 20150404_133649.jpg 20150201_231732.jpg

My pacman arcade is showing some age but it still works and is a keeper! Love the collection, I wonder how many versions were made?

Taking down the Christmas tree tonight and realized I do have have a collecting problem. Annual Christmas ornaments since 1996.

46C02548-E345-40D8-9FA9-89980EF91747.jpeg
138DD234-7203-4247-B10D-6DC19C23A3B5.jpeg

My primary collection is David Winter Cottages. I have been actively buying and selling them for more than 30 years.

A few secondary collections:
  1. 500+ LPs mostly from the mid 60s to mid 70s
  2. 2000+ movies (and growing)
  3. Small collection of comic books from the 70s
  4. Tiny coin collection from my childhood
I am also in line to inherit my mother's vast collection of Moss Rose china.

- Original "minty" Hot Wheels cars from 1968-1977 (the redline era).

- Tools - not antique, just "ooh this will make the project easier".

- I have a collection of DVD's & BluRays (thousand-ish), but don't actively hunt them down. Love movies though, from silent era to current offerings.

- Apparently we collect things with screens in our house! Crap tons of tablets, phones, TV's, computers, etc.. How do you get rid of these things?

- Also seem to be collecting failing body parts these days! Too many hard miles I guess.

I’ve inadvertently started collected shoe horns from the locker rooms of greatest golf courses that I’ve played.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: (Augusta National and Pine Valley). ...(I also used to collect baseball and football cards. Got rid of most of them. Just a few special ones left).

I’m super late to this party but thought I’d share my other hobby/collection. I started off actually playing most of my games but then it turned into collecting more than playing. I have slowed down a lot in the last year or two but still add on occasionally. Built the table myself. It’s not perfect by any means but it gets the job done.

Attachments

• 0967834F-514F-4805-B0B1-A0DA4042F7B3.jpeg
    0967834F-514F-4805-B0B1-A0DA4042F7B3.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 97DE429E-CD1C-484E-AE81-09CAE710D34E.jpeg
    97DE429E-CD1C-484E-AE81-09CAE710D34E.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 753C58A0-2CAE-4904-A156-42FCEA5C1103.jpeg
    753C58A0-2CAE-4904-A156-42FCEA5C1103.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2E932C4F-1327-4B06-B44D-A026D7BB189F.jpeg
    2E932C4F-1327-4B06-B44D-A026D7BB189F.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 51
I’m super late to this party but thought I’d share my other hobby/collection. I started off actually playing most of my games but then it turned into collecting more than playing. I have slowed down a lot in the last year or two but still add on occasionally. Built the table myself. It’s not perfect by any means but it gets the job done.
Great collection!!
Huh.... Just wondering... What would be considered a 'grail' to a game collector?

So, in that hobby games go “out of print” very quickly after small print runs. So a lot of great games that don’t emerge in an extremely crowded market just fade away. So if you happen to find one that is hard to get and you enjoy it is a grail game so to speak. It’s kind of to each their own though.

Ahhh.... I wasn't sure if there was something like the Chicken Coop of boardgames LOL.

There is a game called Gloomhaven that is considered (in a database) to be the best game of all time. It is absurdly big and extensive. Haven’t played it myself but it is very popular. Another game, Twilight Imperium 4th Edition is quite possibly THE board game though to the most intense people in the hobby. I’m no expert though.

There is a game called Gloomhaven that is considered (in a database) to be the best game of all time. It is absurdly big and extensive. Haven’t played it myself but it is very popular. Another game, Twilight Imperium 4th Edition is quite possibly THE board game though to the most intense people in the hobby. I’m no expert though.
I've always wanted to play Gloomhaven. But that looks like some kind of crazy commitment. Like, doesn't one full game take about a decade or so?

Lol. I think if you put your life into it you could get it done quicker but yeah, it’s no small feat from what I understand. If you really want to play it, try Gloomhaven, Jaws of the Lion. It is an introductory version of the game. Much cheaper, teaches you to play the “whole” version in a very manageable load.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom