What else do you collect? (2 Viewers)

You can guess by my avatar, but I do have a Star Wars room in our house....... :)

Here's an older pic, not nearly finished and only about half of the room....similar to "200 Motels" mostly POTF (1995+), but I have my childhood stuff as well, and yes, I have a VERY LOVING WIFE.........nitzilla

Neaat!

I used to collect beer labels, a cheap fun and interesting hobby, but quit after my collection walked out of my house one day and I didn't have the heart to start over.

I currently have a very small, and much better secured, collection of CZ pistols.

20160227_175020_zpskef83zgu.jpg

I'm starting to collect empty whiskey bottles :)

Used to collect design glass. Now....just trying to collect money. To be able to collect experience and enjoyments of life. And to be able to see places.

I used to hunt and collect extremely rare Magic cards. I now only have a few decks and some sentimental cards left. In my collecting prime, I once did a trade with the company that started the game, Wizards of the Coast. There's only one substantial card I haven't held, Shichifukujin Dragon, which is at Hobby Japan. I did contract the artist Christopher Rush to redo the painting, so that counts for something.

I used to hunt and collect extremely rare Magic cards. I now only have a few decks and some sentimental cards left. In my collecting prime, I once did a trade with the company that started the game, Wizards of the Coast. There's only one substantial card I haven't held, Shichifukujin Dragon, which is at Hobby Japan. I did contract the artist Christopher Rush to redo the painting, so that counts for something.
I had a beta black lotus from when me and my friends picked up the game back in 1993. I quit playing in 1994 and gave it away.

[emoji22]

Lotus and Moxes used to be <$5 cards, so no big loss at the time. I remember trading several for Force of Natures and Nightmares!

Lotus and Moxes used to be <$5 cards, so no big loss at the time. I remember trading several for Force of Natures and Nightmares!
Yeah, didn't make me feel any better when someone showed me a price guide ten years later

Definitely don't look at one now.
HOLLLLEEEEE FUCK!!!!!!

I had NO idea what they were going for now. I thought when you said that it might be a few thousand.......definitely not a five to six digit number

Hey Mike,

Here are two videos about the shop:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=33037828

Kind of funny. As I watch the first video I see two of my signs that were in for repair and a clock that we are going to get done once I decide what I want.

THX Kurt, I sent an email with my idea and order. Hope to hear from Ryan soon with good news. Knowing what these things cost, your collection is just outstanding. Probably worth more than your chips. (but I never saw all of those either) :)

I wouldn't say I collect anything in general I just have multiple hobbies that I like that require Stuff. The more hobbies the more stuff you collect. One collection I do have that has true value is Cookbooks, over 300

Lets see...

- Chips
- Board Games
- Pop Vinyl's
- M:TG cards
- Shot Glasses

I think that's all I actively acquire. I have a baseball card collection that's 5-figures deep and largely worthless after the industry tanked the casual collector's market. It's just sitting in boxes at the moment, although most of the cards for better players are in sleeves.

Great thread!

I like to collect things... Mostly stuff you can use, but often times I will collect stuff for aesthetic reasons. I have a good number of mini collections, but nothing too over the top (with the exception of poker chips). Here's a list of a few of collections:

1- Authentic African masks (inherited most from my mom)
2- Bar glass/beer steins (my fav being a beer mug my grandfather acquired at a bowling tourney in 1965 with "ASA vs NSA Bowling Tourney" written on it. My GF and GM both worked for the NSA, and the mug is rare, because the NSA didn't officially exist until the mid 80's)
3- knives (mostly spyderco brand folders. These get used daily, though I do own a few safe queens)
4- Legos.. (We had a Lego room, but outgrew it... I think last count was around 40,000 pieces)
5- Love Neon, and have a few signs. I only collect what I can display. My most coveted is my Fat Tire neon, but my most rare is a Franziskaner beer sign (these just don't exist).
6- Police Patches from various places I visit.
7- Tools. I was a junky for high end tools. I even started selling Crafstman tool sets on eBay, simply so I could part out the tools I wanted, selling the rest).

I also collect Subbuteo which was very popular in the UK when I was growing up.

Amazingly some of these teams of 11 plastic footballers (soccer players - can't stand the word soccer though) are worth hundreds of pounds - like this one, and this one which isn't even particularly well painted.

I wouldn't say I collect anything in general I just have multiple hobbies that I like that require Stuff. The more hobbies the more stuff you collect. One collection I do have that has true value is Cookbooks, over 300
My wife has bookcases full of cookbooks. And she cooks from them too! (y) :thumbsup:

Lessee...

Poker chips (duh)
Antique/midcentury furniture
Whisky (not as a collectible, but to drink)
Watches (nothing really that high-end, but I love mechanical devices, and watches fill that itch)

1.) Poker Chips
2.) Swarovski ducks
3.) Walking Dead Comics
4.) Children's tears

Ok, so the last one isn't true. Sadly, the rest are :(

You fhuckers collect other shit? Wasting money that could be well spent on chippies.

I used to very big into Magic The Gathering card game. But I sold them all off as I got burned out with how many sets were coming every year. It was getting to hard to keep up with.

Though they did fetch a large sum witch was used to build my poker room and pay for my first set of Paulson Pharaoh's.

The only other thing I collected and still have is Warhammer fantasy miniatures. Though I have done played the game in a few years I can't seem to part them. I think it all the time I spent painting so many of them.

Lets see...

- Chips
- Board Games
- Pop Vinyl's
- M:TG cards
- Shot Glasses

I think that's all I actively acquire. I have a baseball card collection that's 5-figures deep and largely worthless after the industry tanked the casual collector's market. It's just sitting in boxes at the moment, although most of the cards for better players are in sleeves.
Very cool, what kind of board games?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom