Weed thread (1 Viewer)

Legal prices aren’t better, at least around here, because they tax the crap out of it. Excise tax plus sales tax plus town tax = 20%
I figured as much, it will be the same here too. This why the black market will always exist. If the states weren't soooo greedy they'd still make truck loads of cash and eliminate the black market, but they too dumb to realize that.

If I'm so inclined I'll just grow my own. 6 plants is a lot of pot, especially just for me. It's would probably go bad before I used it all.

Top shelf in CO can be had for ~$80 oz if you shop around. Just went legal in NM so some of the border stores in CO are having regular sales to keep loyal customers. Smaller towns though, not off the freeways.
Same with tax, shop around, some charge and some don’t.

Top shelf in CO can be had for ~$80 oz if you shop around. Just went legal in NM so some of the border stores in CO are having regular sales to keep loyal customers. Smaller towns though, not off the freeways.
Same with tax, shop around, some charge and some don’t.
That is a super reasonable price for premium pot, wow.

This sounds interesting. How long do edibles usually take to kick in?
About an hour usually. We make our own with an Indica oil, works out to about $0.50 per gummy (~12mg thc per). We get a nice, slight buzz and noticed a nice improvement in our sleep quality.
Legal prices aren’t better, at least around here, because they tax the crap out of it. Excise tax plus sales tax plus town tax = 20%
Locally, the market is super saturated and there is a lot of competition, with prices that are good. When things first opened up prices weren't great and the black market was still thriving. I think now years later the prices coming down, and the convenience of buying at a store is beginning to eat into black market sales.

There's hope!

That's how it is in Canada. Generally it's going to be more expensive thru legal means.

But that has its benefits. Higher quality product and you know what you're getting. (exact strain, THC content, etc.) You can get the exact product for the experience you're looking for. Ie. Something to help you sleep, heavy body buzz, something light/mild that is good for social environments, etc.

Back in my younger years we bought whatever the local dealer happened to have on hand and often he wouldn't know exactly what it was. Had a couple bad experiences with weed laced with other drugs.

About an hour usually. We make our own with an Indica oil, works out to about $0.50 per gummy (~12mg thc per). We get a nice, slight buzz and noticed a nice improvement in our sleep quality.

Locally, the market is super saturated and there is a lot of competition, with prices that are good. When things first opened up prices weren't great and the black market was still thriving. I think now years later the prices coming down, and the convenience of buying at a store is beginning to eat into black market sales.

There's hope!
Oh nice, making your own is ideal and the perfect way to get what you're after, if you have the means.

To your second point, this is is the way it should be. Lower prices, quality controlled, eliminate the shady black market. It's a win win win.

Back in my younger years we bought whatever the local dealer happened to have on hand and often he wouldn't know exactly what it was. Had a couple bad experiences with weed laced with other drugs.
This is definitely a problem. I had two friends I went to school with who got pot laced with fentanyl and ended up dying. Not sure why dealers would want to do this, super fucked up.

Oh nice, making your own is ideal and the perfect way to get what you're after, if you have the means.
Absolutely. We can adjust the dosage etc. We use a sous vide method. If we bought all the "hardware" we needed to just for making these (sous vide, 6x6 cake pan, etc.) it would pay for itself with one batch compared to buying retail, (roughly $7 per 10mg thc) so after the first batch we were free-rolling. It's easy enough and I like being in the kitchen so it's a total win-win.

Recipe: https://www.foodrepublic.com/2017/10/27/gummies-halloween/

To your second point, this is is the way it should be. Lower prices, quality controlled, eliminate the shady black market. It's a win win win.
We've had pot recalls, lol. What a time to be alive.

This is definitely a problem. I had two friends I went to school with who got pot laced with fentanyl and ended up dying. Not sure why dealers would want to do this, super fucked up.
Damn, sorry for your loss.

That is super fucked up that someone did that.

Current stash:

F04236C1-F9B0-427D-846C-40494155A424.jpeg

Almost exclusively sativa for me, with the exception being the hybrid Petra mints for work when I want to chill out and the Wyld CBN edibles for sleep.

Had been a strictly edible adherent for years up until about a month ago, liking the immediacy of smoke vs edibles but not really a fan of putting any kind of smoke in my body. *shrug*

Current stash:

View attachment 922856

Almost exclusively sativa for me, with the exception being the hybrid Petra mints for work when I want to chill out and the Wyld CBN edibles for sleep.

Had been a strictly edible adherent for years up until about a month ago, liking the immediacy of smoke vs edibles but not really a fan of putting any kind of smoke in my body. *shrug*
$3.50

Storz and Bickel products are a great vaping alternative as it essentially acts as a mini convection oven on the herb. Better for you than combustion and better for you than the oil tank pens

Thanks. I don't want to bring the thread down but it is a thing that happens apparently. People should be aware.
You're not bringing the thread down, you're actually elevating it. People have to know this is going on. We were actually just discussing this at poker a few weeks ago - you can't do street drugs any more. You just can't. For weed, at least in the lucky states, it's no big deal, because you can just go buy it legally and safely. But that fentanyl crap is finding its way into everything. I'm at an age now where I dont need to be doing crazy crap anyway. But if I were younger, and I wanted to have a crazy night doing whatever, I'd be real hesitant.

You're not bringing the thread down, you're actually elevating it. People have to know this is going on. We were actually just discussing this at poker a few weeks ago - you can't do street drugs any more. You just can't. For weed, at least in the lucky states, it's no big deal, because you can just go buy it legally and safely. But that fentanyl crap is finding its way into everything. I'm at an age now where I dont need to be doing crazy crap anyway. But if I were younger, and I wanted to have a crazy night doing whatever, I'd be real hesitant.

No joke. I know 3 people that have died in the past 2 years from coke that was laced with fentanyl. 2 of them bought it off the street too

Well thanks, I don't like to be a bummer. This is one of the catalysts that pushed me towards growing my own stash about 11 years ago. That, and I was curious about how to do it, how it would be, that kind of stuff. I also wanted to not rely on weird people to get me pot, not knowing where it came from. As you say, I'm not that young anymore and I don't have that carefree attitude to just take chances like I did in my 20s. Growing is actually quite fun and a bit therapeutic I'd say, and you get a little reward at the end :)

No joke. I know 3 people that have died in the past 2 years from coke that was laced with fentanyl. 2 of them bought it off the street too
Fuck man, that's brutal, ugh. I've done it twice, not for me. No thanks. I don't understand this fentanyl thing. Why are people lacing things with it, does anybody have a good answer?

Fuck man, that's brutal, ugh. I've done it twice, not for me. No thanks. I don't understand this fentanyl thing. Why are people lacing things with it, does anybody have a good answer?
As I understand it, it’s quite potent, and in small quantities so it gets cut into things (like coke) to boost its effect, and naturally profits by stretching their raw materials (for lack of a better term)

It’s so potent however that it’s incredibly easy to OD with it. Low level dealers, as sophisticated as they are sometimes mess it up and bad things happen. I don’t think any dealers want to kill their customers, but they do want addicts so they keep coming back and buying but are walking a very thing razors edge to make it happen.

If you’ve been under general anesthetic, good chance it was fentanyl.

Not sure how to solve the issue, but harm reduction/safe injection sites, OD Good Samaritan laws, safe supply, nalaxone and decriminalized possession would be good starts. I’ll stop there cause I don’t want this punted to the politics sub.

As I understand it, it’s quite potent, and in small quantities so it gets cut into things (like coke) to boost its effect, and naturally profits by stretching their raw materials (for lack of a better term)

It’s so potent however that it’s incredibly easy to OD with it. Low level dealers, as sophisticated as they are sometimes mess it up and bad things happen. I don’t think any dealers want to kill their customers, but they do want addicts so they keep coming back and buying but are walking a very thing razors edge to make it happen.

If you’ve been under general anesthetic, good chance it was fentanyl.

Not sure how to solve the issue, but harm reduction/safe injection sites, OD Good Samaritan laws, safe supply, nalaxone and decriminalized possession would be good starts. I’ll stop there cause I don’t want this punted to the politics sub.
Thank you, a lot of this makes sense.

I never even thought of potential harm… I’ve had home grown the past 6-7 years, before that was someone I knew home grown. So I’ve always known the original source. I have gone to the dispensaries in MA, they’re 10 min from where I live. I bought my wife some thc balm to try for her back which sort of worked. But the dispensary is overpriced. costs $68 for 1/8th at the dispensary. I have’nt been in a while, just looked, looks like still $68 for their in house Bud, but they now sell prepackaged for $15 less. Still not a fan.

I would never advocate doing anything if you don’t know exactly who grew it or was state approved.

Last edited:
I never even thought of potential harm… I’ve had home grown the past 6-7 years, before that was someone I knew home grown. So I’ve always known the original source. I have gone to the dispensaries in MA, they’re 10 min from where I live. I bought my wife some thc balm to try for her back which sort of worked. But the dispensary is overpriced. costs $68 for 1/8th at the dispensary. I have’nt been in a while, just looked, looks like still $68 for their in house Bud, but they now sell prepackaged for $15 less. Still not a fan.

I would never advocate doing anything if you don’t know exactly who grew it or was state approved.
If you decide to give the dispensary route another go pop into Atg right over the line, they have a cut of sour diesel that’s very very very good. It’s my Massachusetts strain of choice n I’ve tried them all. Mostly overpriced garbage but this sour it’s really really good weed. 8ths r 40$+tax a half is $193 out the door. Most strains sit on the menu like bricks this stuff movesss so I suggest a pre order if it’s on the menu. It’s the only strain I’ll stand behind in the entire state.

I’ve never had anything from Maine but pricing is a tad better and I’ve heard good things about Kind Farms which is close to nh n ma.

http://atgma.org/dutchie?location=Salisbury&dtche[product]=f-sour-diesel-s

Last edited:
ATG Salisbury is where I went, always look for sativa dominant hybrids. Not into indica or “in da couch” as we refer to it. If I ever need any I’ll check out sour diesel - but since my nearby friend in a state that’s legal to grow has a bunch of feminized blue dream seeds from ILGM I don’t see I’ll be buying any for a few years.

Wish NH would just allow us to grow - every single state around us and Canada on northern border it’s legal.

They decriminalized 3/4 of an ounce- just go the rest of the way

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom