Vegas Trip Report - Super Low Roller - 6/15/23 - 6/20/23 (1 Viewer)

Finished leave 3, first break.

At about 57,000.

No clue how to figure what the average stack size might be. 24ish million chips currently in play.

2EC4D824-DEE4-4F8B-BD79-52E1F66C1744.jpeg

View attachment 1152323

View attachment 1152324

View attachment 1152325

View attachment 1152326

Not sure what happened. saw zedd (i think?). Ran $100 to $400, and then punted $400 on roulette. I think Im just not good at roulette. Gonna have to follow Barries strat or whatever when i meet the man at paris
Hopefully I’m busy for the rest of the night. Villian just sucked out on the river to barely avoid doubling me up.

Still, sitting over average stacks by a bit.

image.jpg

I’m horrible at poker. I play a huge range in position, but because this is my only tourney I’ve been scared.

So after letting a couple people escape, I’ve turned up some of the early aggression and it’s worked well, isolating people that are oop.

I’m in a LOT of pots, have lost a lot of 5 figure hands but also knocked out like 4-5 people now.

Average stack up to almost 40k now, I’m sitting close to 100k.

DA7384B9-1EA1-463B-8545-897E36ED20A4.jpeg

View attachment 1152327

in other words, wanted to play soem 3/5 at rw, but waitlist surprisingly long
What's absolutely crazy is I know the Dealer closest to you in this picture & he's a fellow chipper! He's a friend of @esapigao / played over here a couple of weeks ago. Small world

I wanted to keep bumping @quintooo post into tomorrow, but it wasn’t meant to be.

One near fatal mistake, and I started to come back from it. Long story short, I climbed back to average starting stack, got it aipf (coin flip, I think I was slightly ahead?), and we’re out.

1380ish entries when I busted, just under 700 players left.

Good luck everyone out here!

I learned a lot. 1 - there’s a lot of people that just have no clue what they’re doing. I struggle with bet sizing more than anything, but some of these people struggle with every aspect.

2 - as a non tourney guy, geez is so much of this mental. I watched several people who knew exactly what they were doing and where they were at in hands just implode. Like actively make bad decisions that they knew were horrid.

And while I’m happy overall with my play, I did the same thing. I thought I was doing super well dealing with being card dead for a good 20+ hands since I was over 2x the average stack, but my 1 really bad play was due to pushing too hard and not letting go of the one good starting hand I got, despite air balling the flop.

I’m mad at myself but also forgave myself. Hoping to see more Big O tourneys and variants next year, I’ll be back for them.

@quintooo, handing the thread back off to you. Sorry for hijacking’s the last 24 hours!

2CF0D594-6F85-468E-B9D8-DCD394B55EA9.jpeg

The crew and I got way too drunk for our own good during the day yesterday.. Went back to hotel and slept until 2 am. They continued sleeping, I went down for some roulette. Came out -$100 after being up $700 at one point.

Getting tired of not having any cash, going to a damn bank today to withdraw.

edit: nvm lol, just realized its sunday nothing is open

Last edited:
Keep posting updates! Thoroughly enjoying living vicariously through your trip reports.

Since my dumbass lost yesterday, today’s just free day for wife and I.

We have reservations for nobu dinner, nothing else planned. Since we’ve played prob 8-10 hours of roulette in 3 days, looking for something else. We sat together at an electronic craps thing trying to learn how to play, I thought doing real craps would be a blast. Shit that thing is confusing though.

Royal from last night tourney.

F1D2FB30-304A-44F3-B74B-19C481F9FB7F.jpeg

View attachment 1152527

The crew and I got way too drunk for our own good during the day yesterday.. Went back to hotel and slept until 2 am. They continued sleeping, I went down for some roulette. Came out -$100 after being up $700 at one point.

Are those $5s? That’s a nice hit!

What you doing today? I can swing by and drop some cash, we have no plans and I’ll likely just be meandering around.

View attachment 1152527

When you wake up and read this come find me at Paris. There’s no worse feeling for me than not having a bankroll in Vegas.

We have reservations for nobu dinner, nothing else planned. Since we’ve played prob 8-10 hours of roulette in 3 days, looking for something else. We sat together at an electronic craps thing trying to learn how to play, I thought doing real craps would be a blast. Shit that thing is confusing though.

View attachment 1152610

What you doing today? I can swing by and drop some cash, we have no plans and I’ll likely just be meandering around.

yea, probably the best hit on roulette that sesh, and yea those were nickels. Still haven't hit a number yet, might just fuck around and keep playing roulette until I hit. Have fun with the lady today, haven't had the chance to try Nobu yet. Let me know if it's worth the $500 check per person

When you wake up and read this come find me at Paris. There’s no worse feeling for me than not having a bankroll in Vegas.

I am out and about right now, likely won't be back til 4pm; so thanks for the offer Barrie, but it probably won't fit in your schedule. Are you flying out today or tomorrow?

I'll hit up doc K when I'm back on the strip.

View attachment 1152610

I had a lot of fun at face up pai gow. A lot. It’s easy if you’ve played OFCP….dealer sets first so you can just see if you can arrange a scoop, if not try to arrange a push. 1.8% edge main game, 6-8% on the side bet.

The quirky rules tho were that A2345 is the 2nd straight (beats KQJT9 but loses to broadway) and that jokers are half-wild, they work for straights and flushes but an ace otherwise

So my wife is not a huge people person and we’re a little tired, so doing a morning warmup at electronic roulette before maybe hitting tables.

Shot a text to @RocAFella1 asking for a number. It hit the first roll.

E5F82F3D-0D65-4CC4-8845-9FC096DDEF2D.jpeg

We’re on his fourth number now after hitting 3 of em. Got the whole table rolling with me on his number. But if it doesn’t hit soon they’re gonna get pissed at me….

So my wife is not a huge people person and we’re a little tired, so doing a morning warmup at electronic roulette before maybe hitting tables.

Shot a text to @RocAFella1 asking for a number. It hit the first roll.

View attachment 1152680

We’re on his fourth number now after hitting 3 of em. Got the whole table rolling with me on his number. But if it doesn’t hit soon they’re gonna get pissed at me….
Can I get early access to the roulette book you're writing?

you guys may be wondering where I went. Did I go broke (I did) and run away from my outstanding debts? (No).

Like any good older brother, totally remembered my younger sibling was graduating from 4 years of crippling tuition costs today. Quick flight to grad venue...

469C8CB6-3AA0-42A8-883D-523498EA7DD6.jpeg

And regularly scheduled programming to continue shortly...

6FA6A287-79A1-4306-B79B-0A43E5C1E9B1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom