USAnumberWON Official Thread (1 Viewer)

I only go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. And it's only occasionally because it's out of the way. I don't really like Southern food though, so I have never bothered to eat there for anything other than breakfast. But I'm always happy with breakfast.

F' off. Some of us poor people like the rocker relaxation & the quaintness of de' Cracker Barrel.

6d565feb-6f1a-40d6-b2e8-3e88828820b1-jpeg.320057

This was from PnBBC right? What a great Cracker Barrel visit it was...back when the world wasn't ending.

No that pic was from the Alamo trip last year. I usually hit CB anytime I'm on the road. We did do a big Cracker Barrel breakfast at Piss'd-N-Broke one morning. I remember buying everyone breakfast with other people's money. :sneaky:

First, I hate the tchotchkes they sell in the front of the store... after a meal, it takes 30 minutes to get out of there while my wife looks at candles, wine racks, mango scented lip balm and other such shit. Then we spend another 15 minutes while she sits in every rocking chair, bench and Adirondack on the front porch.
The trick is to do the store stroll while you're waiting for your table. It's an easy way to kill time, especially if you're dining with kids, and you can roll straight out after the meal.

Ever since they were little, my kids would order their food and then rock on the porch or play checkers inside while waiting for the food to come. They're teenagers now and still do this. :D

Second, breakfast food is pretty hard to fuck up, and they do breakfast food okay (but there are lots of better options). The rest of their menu is gross. I'm not hating on Southern food. This is poorly done Southern food, IMO.

If I'm on the road and looking for breakfast, Cracker Barrel is in play. Otherwise, drive on by.
I rarely eat off the lunch/dinner menu, so I can't make a broad comment there - though I don't remember having anything particularly bad. But I'm a big fan of their pancakes - buttery and crispy edges, yum. The no-longer-100% maple syrup makes me sad (it's now half HFCS and tastes crappy), but the trick is just to get fruit instead.

Thank goodness we still have Cracker Barrel. I mean what's a poor boy to do on the road since they closed down almost all the Stuckey's and I can't get my pecan rolls anymore.

Abandoned_Stuckey's_restaurant.jpg

That's a good point, I never thought of this as Southern food, huh.

I always thought their food tasted like a Hungry Man dinner gone horribly awry. Going there reminded me of my childhood, tasted like what poor people are forced to eat. I was extremely surprised.
View attachment 534234
I assumed you wouldn’t like it because of it’s racist name.

Make sure you guys pause and read the descriptions for Obama, Hillary, etc. early in the video. Also, anyone get the reference near the end where the coloring of the box where it shows me switches and you see LIKE SHARE SUBSCRIBE?

Not sure who else was watching the launch of the RTX 3080 cards this morning at 9am EST, but I was on Nvidia, Newegg, Best Buy and EVGA's websites and they all sold out within like 1 second. The buttons changed from "notify" to "sold out" lol.

Crazy how people have programs to just snatch everything up. And of course now they're on eBay and bids are 2K, 4K, etc. for a $700 card, it's crazy.

Fortunately I don't need a new one right now anyway. Just launched an ad campaign targeting folks who like Xcom, 2K gaming, etc. to see if we can't get some engagement on the new video :)

Thank goodness we still have Cracker Barrel. I mean what's a poor boy to do on the road since they closed down almost all the Stuckey's and I can't get my pecan rolls anymore.

View attachment 534310
There is a former Stuckey's that looked like this right off I-75 somewhere in Georgia or Tennessee. I don't know if it's still there, but for at least 20 years it was one of the landmarks I looked for every time I made the drive from Florida to Ohio.

And for the record, there are about eight bazillion other roadside places in Georgia that you can get pecan rolls. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Not sure who else was watching the launch of the RTX 3080 cards this morning at 9am EST, but I was on Nvidia, Newegg, Best Buy and EVGA's websites and they all sold out within like 1 second. The buttons changed from "notify" to "sold out" lol.

Crazy how people have programs to just snatch everything up. And of course now they're on eBay and bids are 2K, 4K, etc. for a $700 card, it's crazy.

Fortunately I don't need a new one right now anyway. Just launched an ad campaign targeting folks who like Xcom, 2K gaming, etc. to see if we can't get some engagement on the new video :)
Getting the top of line card just never seems worth it.

I just watched the new video today. Overall I enjoyed it, though I do have a couple of (hopefully constructive) criticisms:

- Some of the sequences where you let an in-game cutscene play out with no voiceover were too long and killed the flow of your video. We're here to listen to Cletus, not the game!
- I think a lot of your digs at the libruls are funny and sufficiently over the top that they're clearly jokes. I do think you need to tread very lightly (or maybe just avoid entirely) some controversial areas. For example, some of your LGBTQ / "lesbo-nazis" jokes fall into a very gray area. Some may find these comments funny but many others will just find them offensive. On top of that, you also open yourself up to demonitization, and YT has a pretty heavy hand when it comes to demonitizing content.
- Take off your mask when recording off-screen voiceovers. There are places where your voice is distorted, and I think that's the main reason.

Nice job overall sir! I giggled hard at a few of your one-liners.

Getting the top of line card just never seems worth it.

The RTX 3080 won't even be the top line card. I was hoping to flip some myself but can't compete with 1 second bots

I'm not buying anything new until Zen 3 drops, and may just keep my GTX 1080, we'll see

I just watched the new video today. Overall I enjoyed it, though I do have a couple of (hopefully constructive) criticisms:

- Some of the sequences where you let an in-game cutscene play out with no voiceover were too long and killed the flow of your video. We're here to listen to Cletus, not the game!
- I think a lot of your digs at the libruls are funny and sufficiently over the top that they're clearly jokes. I do think you need to tread very lightly (or maybe just avoid entirely) some controversial areas. For example, some of your LGBTQ / "lesbo-nazis" jokes fall into a very gray area. Some may find these comments funny but many others will just find them offensive. On top of that, you also open yourself up to demonitization, and YT has a pretty heavy hand when it comes to demonitizing content.
- Take off your mask when recording off-screen voiceovers. There are places where your voice is distorted, and I think that's the main reason.

Nice job overall sir! I giggled hard at a few of your one-liners.

I welcome the feedback, good and bad. The reason the scene without me was so long was because I was trying to let you hear the game characters describe "The Lost" i suppose I could've chimed in agrreing with their sentiments and further comparing The Lost to rioters today

As far as my controversial statements (it was LGPDQ btw since Cleetus doesn't fucking know!) I'm trying to thread the line as close as I can. Controversy sells, and people getting riled up can be good for engagement

That being said, there are lines I won't cross, like n-bombs, rape jokes, etc. But I'm trying to portray the character as ridiculous as I can

Recording with the mask on sucked. I had it off for the recordings where you don't see me, but only hear me

The vid was actually longer. Like 23 minutes, but I went back and adjusted some volumes, recorded new dialogue and cut out a lot of filler

(it was LGPDQ btw since Cleetus doesn't fucking know!)
Ah. Watching/listening on my phone, I couldn't hear the difference so the joke was lost on me.

Controversy sells, and people getting riled up can be good for engagement
Yeah, but get a Patreon. :) YT is well known for swinging the demonitization hammer hard and fast against content that is reported as offensive.

I had it off for the recordings where you don't see me, but only hear me
Well then it was probably a combo of my shitty ears and watching/listening on my phone then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom