USAnumberWON Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Damn so close!

20201002_153012.jpg

Just 4 more days until AMD announces Zen 3, can't wait to see when the new chips will release so I can finally move beyond my quad-core CPU!

Absolutely DOMINATING the Armored Truck Quad matchups. Just scored another 1st place and I was just the driver of the truck with no kills. One of the console peasants on my team who hadn't played the match before started bitching when I ditched him and rolled off to keep our truck safe and left him to be killed, he just doesn't get the strategy.

Your truck is a mobile respawn point, it's the ONLY thing that matters. If a teammate dies, yeah, they lose their equipment, but they'll respawn in 20 seconds as long as your truck is still "alive". So when an area gets too hot, I book it to a safe area. At the end it was four of us plus our truck against one dude without a truck.

My teammate who was bitching was complaining cause I had zero kills and acting like he carried the team because he took out the last guy, not realizing if I hadn't kept the truck safe we never would've scored the victory.

Reminds me of guys in Battlefield 3 and 4 who had high kill counts on 64-player conquest maps, but their team lost the match because they were invested in their own personal score rather than the victory conditions of the game they were in.

Congrats, you had 75 kills, but you still lost the match.

AMD announced their Zen 3 series of chips yesterday. I'm looking at getting the 12-core 5900x when it launches, but may get the 3900x depending on availabilty and pricing

The newer chips don't come with coolers anymore, recommending after-market ones instead

The 5900x is supposed to be $549 plus you pay for a cooler on top of that

The 3900x are around $425 right now with a cooler included, and may drop in price when the 5900x launch

They are both 12-core and if the performance is close enough I may go with the 3900x as the better value

Should know in a months time.

Aside from that, did more work on my dance off video with Dr Disrespect. Unfortunately my 4k webcam doesn't handle fast motion well and produced a lot of blurring

So going to have to get Jenn to record me with my phone instead

Aside from that, still absolutely the most dominant driver and turret gunner in the Warzone Armored Quads Battle Royale game, taking 1st on the regular

Just scored another Warzone victory. My team only started with 3 instead of 4 players, and one of them left midmatch so we were half-strength throughout.

In the end we had lost our truck and my teammate used what cash he had to bring me back into the game since he didn't have enough for the truck.

It worked out, I managed to survive and get headsup against the last guy. With the gas closing in I destroyed his truck and then darted for a vehicle that he was also darting for. I made it there first and started to take off to get to the safe zone, and in the process ran his ass over and won the match, lol

Well good news and bad news. The Armored Quads Royale game mode was for a limited time only and is no longer in Warzone, it's too bad, I had so much fun with it.

On the good news front, just picked up the Ryzen 3900X 12-core CPU brand new (from a seller with tens of thousands of reviews) on eBay for $300!

I had been waiting for the 5900x to release next month, but with it being priced at $550, not coming with a cooler so that's another expense and uncertainty over whether it will just get sold out in seconds by scalpers bots like the new nvidia cards were, I figured this was too good a deal to pass up!

Going to be building a new system, moving on from my aging quad-core Intel i5-7600k

ryzen.jpg

Dammit @CraigT78 why'd you have to go and be a hero? Playing Xcom 2 on Legendary (i.e. hardest mode) for the first time. An enemy Muton had melee'd @BGinGA and stunned him. You as a Ranger character can do a sword slash so I sent you in to kill the Muton, but he had an ability that allowed him to counter it, and you fell in the process.

The first PCF'er to fall in this campaign so far, but you will not die in vain, we're kicking those damned aliens off the planet!

craig.png

Dammit @CraigT78 why'd you have to go and be a hero? Playing Xcom 2 on Legendary (i.e. hardest mode) for the first time. An enemy Muton had melee'd @BGinGA and stunned him. You as a Ranger character can do a sword slash so I sent you in to kill the Muton, but he had an ability that allowed him to counter it, and you fell in the process.

The first PCF'er to fall in this campaign so far, but you will not die in vain, we're kicking those damned aliens off the planet!

View attachment 554966
Are you sure he’s dead? Did you have another character poke him?

He may just be sleeping one off...

View attachment 554966
I'm honored that I will be featured in your video. And yes, your wife is hot.

Is anyone else starting to get bitter that this guy keeps posting about playing video games and poker while the rest of us are at the office?

Just checkin'...
Not me. Totally missed the first 8-1/2 pages until I recently got tagged for some reason I don't understand. Still haven't read the first eight.

Not me. Totally missed the first 8-1/2 pages until I recently got tagged for some reason I don't understand. Still haven't read the first eight.

I made custom characters in a game I play and some PCF'ers are part of my resistance squads now.

A squad of my Xcom soldiers after taking down an Advent facility, slowing progress on the enemy Avatar project. You can create "propoganda" shots after missions, including memorializing any fallen soldiers, and as you progress in the game those posters will appear on tactical combat maps hanging in various places, which is kinda cool.

You'll see I gave @Poker Zombie a monocle to make as realistic a depiction as possible.

Also had @pltrgyst and @BGinGA on this mission

xcom.png

so good news bad news. Tonight I put the new PC together and it powered on, everything lights up, fans spin, etc

One glaring issue.....no display signal is reaching the monitor

Everything in the system is brand new, except my video card which came from my old build and I know it works

Tried display port and HDMI.

So gotta troubleshoot it tomorrow. Will start by yanking out hard drive and one stick of ram and see if I can get it to display

If still no dice I'll have to swap cpus with our media PC (a ryzen 3200g in it, new build is 3900x) and see if it's a cpu or motherboard issue

All the components were bought new at NewEgg, except for the CPU

I got a great deal on it on eBay from a seller with close to 30k reviews. It was listed as new, package appeared sealed but did have this sticker on the box which worries me it may be the problem

20201020_214654.jpg

UPDATE:

It was the two 16gb sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200

Neither of them lit up at boot. I took an 8gb stick of my Gskill 3000 DDR4 from my other PC and system booted without issue

Maybe these sticks aren't on the QVL, will have to check

I feel your pain. I just got around to getting some files from my old PC a couple days ago.

It would've been more painful if the deal on the CPU turned out to be a dud

Moved from a quad-core i5-7600k to a 12-core Ryzen 3900x

Jumping from 16gb of DDR4 3000 to 32gb of DDR4 3200

And from 2x500gb Western Digital Black M.2 drives to a 2TB Sabrent Rocket M.2

Only hangup now is replacing the graphics card. My 8gb GTX 1080 is still plenty strong, but looking at upgrading to at least a 144hz 32-34" 1440p monitor and salivating at the new gpus coming out, but it will hold me over for a bit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom