Upcoming molds......... (18 Viewers)

Ok it's official... My FDL order landed today! I was totally surprised. I showed up at the post office to check my po box and had a pick up ticket. To my surprise it was from CPC! Haven't even had time to go through them all, but so far I'm quite impressed!
Congrats. Don't forget to post some pron photos.

So like 2 hours?
It took me 5 days to oil mine proper. I hand oiled all 800 of mine. Oiled half in one night, let them air dry overnight, edge oiled group one and racked them up. Day three I oiled the second grouping, day four they air dried overnight, then edge oiled and racked group two. Day 5 they were ready for the camera.

I got 1200 chips done in 2 or 3 hours, but I only did the edges. I feel like doing the faces is a waste of time - it made no discernable difference on my CSQs, but maybe that depends on the mold.
It does. Trust me. Some oil does seep into the body of the chip if you edge oil, but the chips get so much more vibrant and pop when the time is taken to compression oil.

Reactions: Nex
Okay okay... Here is a really crummy picture fresh out of the box. No oil or cleaning. Work is keeping me too busy to even think about those tasks at the moment.

Attachments

• PXL_20210402_191422482.jpg
    PXL_20210402_191422482.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 405
I asked about scrown mold today and received the following:

Fri, Apr 2 at 10:42 AM

It will be installed before the end of this month but it's a massive run - 3 to 4 months worth, and yours is almost at the end as we have 30 orders from March 2020 onwards.

David

Getting my ducks in a row....since HHR wasn’t listed in the next few, I assume it will run, at the earliest, end of year. How far out do I need to have artwork finalized and order submitted to make sure I get in for the run?

Getting my ducks in a row....since HHR wasn’t listed in the next few, I assume it will run, at the earliest, end of year. How far out do I need to have artwork finalized and order submitted to make sure I get in for the run?

I would just message David. He closes the order window quite a few months before the actual run.

I would just message David. He closes the order window quite a few months before the actual run.
Precisely. If David is sent a message he replies within 24 hours, though the majority of the time it's within the hour. I've gotten responses back from him from questions that I sent him at 9 or 10 pm my time (which would be 3 or 4 am in England) within minutes. I'm convinced the guy either doesn't sleep or is a half humanoid/cyborg that doesn't need sleep.

But yes, historically, orders are cut off about 2 or 3 months before a mold is scheduled to run. If HHR runs this fall or at the end of the year, I would make sure it's in soon, just to be safe.

Precisely. If David is sent a message he replies within 24 hours, though the majority of the time it's within the hour. I've gotten responses back from him from questions that I sent him at 9 or 10 pm my time (which would be 3 or 4 am in England) within minutes. I'm convinced the guy either doesn't sleep or is a half humanoid/cyborg that doesn't need sleep.

But yes, historically, orders are cut off about 2 or 3 months before a mold is scheduled to run. If HHR runs this fall or at the end of the year, I would make sure it's in soon, just to be safe.

yep, I straightened out my order and artwork with him over this weekend at odd hours and I joked with him about how he was the most responsive person I have ever dealt with.

Second that, David’s customer service is amazing

No shipping notification, but a box with my FDL addon just showed up at my doorstep.
Conveniently, USD/EUR exchange rate just got better for me over the past couple days, so less customs to pay :)

Mine was one of the very last orders to get into the run so I'd assume FDL is about to get replaced, or already has been by now.

I've been patient since April last year... so, I'd suggest you grab a chair. A comfortable one.
You’ve got a scrown set coming too? Flying under the radar with that one?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom