Upcoming molds......... (41 Viewers)

Anyone have insights into A-mold lead times? I understand that mold is always or almost always installed, which suggests there are lots of orders for that mold. Just wondering if normal experience suggests this is a faster production or more in line with other molds?

I've ordered twice and it was always within 3 months, but that was long before covid.
Can you shed light on how this works if you don't have your artwork ready yet (I realize you might not know but just checking)? I have my colors/edge spots picked out but I'm just waiting on artwork. Having never made a custom order from CPC, I want to do my best to be prepared and not annoy David.

Can you shed light on how this works if you don't have your artwork ready yet (I realize you might not know but just checking)? I have my colors/edge spots picked out but I'm just waiting on artwork. Having never made a custom order from CPC, I want to do my best to be prepared and not annoy David.
He needs the final artwork about a month before your chips get made.

I think it’s worth the conversation with David if you have the chip designs and quantities ready and the mold picked out. You don’t want to miss an order window for the mold.

Talked to David via email about sorting shipping address for my 800 piece scrowns, the mold is indeed installed! Unfortunately im near the very end, about 3 to 4 months out still. Just giving everyone a heads up with L and S crown orders in ty for your time.

Talked to David via email about sorting shipping address for my 800 piece scrowns, the mold is indeed installed! Unfortunately im near the very end, about 3 to 4 months out still. Just giving everyone a heads up with L and S crown orders in ty for your time.
Awesome news, thank you!

when did you have everything in to David? August? Sept?

I ordered mine in the beginning of August and David told me there are a half of dozen sets ahead of me

Same, my order was finalized in December (artwork in by the end of Nov). I'm excited but also a couple more months will make little difference since it'll take a couple more before live poker is back in full swing.

I have 900 scrowns I'm not going to use if anyone is interested. tourney colors, I'm close to the end of the line so looks like 3 months out.

How long are we thinking until the FDL goes back in? I understand it was in only a couple months ago ..

I apologize if this is already answered somewhere. Is there a pattern to the mold schedule, such as: CSQ > HHR > SCROWN > etc?
Even a loose schedule/frequency of molds being run?

My understanding is that a mold can't run until there is X prepaid quantity, and therefore, if a mold is really popular, it may either 1) come into rotation more quickly (from demand) or stay in rotation longer (from operation).

I do understand that from the point of ordering/paying -> to the time the mold gets setup ->until your own order gets made, that there is a lot of potential wait time. I have no problem with that part.

Thank you

How long are we thinking until the FDL goes back in? I understand it was in only a couple months ago ..
Honestly it’s probably going to be a long while before FDL goes back in. Based on when I received my order FDL probably came out of production about three weeks ago.

David talks about the factors somewhere around here, but it’s a combination of mold demand and time (he won’t let a low-demand mold run languish forever).

David talks about the factors somewhere around here, but it’s a combination of mold demand and time (he won’t let a low-demand mold run languish forever).
...some molds run much less often than others. Especially in regards to the oversize molds, there's a lot of down time in which the factory loses precious production time to facilitate manufacturing of 44mm chips compared to their 39mm counterparts.

Because of this and the relative low number of orders on the oversize molds, the 44mm molds tend to run only once every one or two years based on what I can tell. More orders on a mold generally means a mold runs more often and more frequently. This is my understanding. David can correct me on any of this, though!
Pretty much the case. Obviously there comes a point when you have to run a mold regardless if it's been too long, but a lot of the 8-12 month waits are purely because we've had an order book of 80 or so orders pretty much for the last 2 years. We've had some challenges with Covid, which haven't really led to less production, rather an inability to increase it enough to cope with an increase in orders. Still much better than no orders though!

281809F0-5F89-4F74-9F3F-196BF4CCC754.jpeg

I think the scrowns will be running for 6-months! (Just guessing)

But I am ready for B mold!! Hit me!!
Yeah, between the scrowns and large crowns, I think David guesstimated at least a 3-4 month run between the two molds. I don't want to bother David (again), but last I checked with him was that B-mold was going to be installed just after FDL finished up in conjunction with scrown. A-mold, always being in, and two other molds rotating in and out. Believe those are scrown and B-mold at the moment.

Lol I should be getting scrown, Bdiamond , and Amolds.
I think I was probably middle of orders for scrowns and Bdiamonds
I also thought that it looked like the B’s and scrowns were gonna run at same time eventually

Lol I should be getting scrown, Bdiamond , and Amolds.
I think I was probably middle of orders for scrowns and Bdiamonds
I also thought that it looked like the B’s and scrowns were gonna run at same time eventually
I'm not so sure that place in the queue=getting the chips faster or slower. I was told that my order may take longer and ship later because I have lots of chips in the order with complex edge spots that needed to be hand made. I'm more just curious to see who else has an order in on the mold to see if they got a shipping notice yet :)

Looks like scrowns are starting to come out though! Going to be a great summer for you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom