The Signal, 1940s MD-50 Custom - All Denoms (1 Viewer)

They're all great but those fonts are a bit tight against the big tower.

Gotta be current leader!

I agree with the others. Bottom row still.

For the other design with the larger tower, you can make the text smaller but then you are left with too much empty space in the top portion of the inlay. Unless you can think of something to fill that space, I like the bottom row for the overall design.

Thanks, guys for all of your input! It just confirmed what I felt in my gut the first time I saw the inlay concepts from @machinelf. I'm really glad that I went down the large tower rabbit hole because now I won't have to wonder "what if..."

The choice has been made. Large. Text.

Now I just need the rest of the denoms before the hardest part: the wait. Order has already been placed and it looks like it'll be in the press sometime late December or early January. If anyone else is sitting on a MD50 order, go ahead and get it submitted!

dUuVp11.png

Love the colors, the spots, the inlay...everything. I'll have to wait to see final pr0n, but this might be my number 1 set of the year.

One final decision to make, and I know this is just a matter of personal preference, but I figured I'd share. The inspiration chips from the same era did not use uniform denomination font sizes. The screen printers just filled the available space of the inlay with the denomination. I've always liked the variation and I wanted to capture it in this set. Anyway, @machinelf was kind enough to draw up both and here they are. Alright, now lets see who is OCD on PCF. :D

FSvqRCI.png

hG4vkTB.png

Inspiration chips for reference.
7BU3tFX.png

The $5 in the non-uniform looks a little off when viewing side by side with other denoms, but i'm sure that in a game the difference would not even register though. I gotta say the uniform denoms looks better to me. Still a classic set.

The $5 in the non-uniform looks a little off when viewing side by side with other denoms, but i'm sure that in a game the difference would not even register though. I gotta say the uniform denoms looks better to me. Still a classic set.

Found the OCD PCFer! ;)

Thanks for all you input guys. I'm going non uniform. And now the wait...

I wish I could see the latest pictures in post #96. For some reason, they are blocked/not showing up for me at work even though all the other pictures ITT show up. Weird.

I wish I could see the latest pictures in post #96. For some reason, they are blocked/not showing up for me at work even though all the other pictures ITT show up. Weird.
That's strange. They're all hosted on imgur. Your work may be blocking Imgur. I'll attach the photos so you can see.

Signal_Hotel_Tourney_Different_Size_Denom.png
Signal_Hotel_Tourney_Same_Size_Denom.png

Ewww I don't like either row. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yup top row. Nice work man. And thanks for posting the pics for me. I was feeling left out.

Ewww I don't like either row. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yup top row. Nice work man. And thanks for posting the pics for me. I was feeling left out.
No worries! All credit to @machinelf! I just made a few crappy concept inlays and he delivered a set of production ready inlays in his first shot.

Great looking set of chips. Love the old school vibe. Samples?

Yeah, samples thread coming as soon as final artwork is submitted and approved. The order is in, but I have plenty of time to add on. I'll be sure to tag those interested when I post the order thread.

Just got the last of these guys in the mail today. The 5 I got is a bit on the dull side compared to others, but that chip seems to be very popular on the eBay.

Artwork has been submitted and we're working on a few minor issues. Once it gets the go ahead I'll be posting the samples order thread.

14782261343481592621857.jpg

I just had to see the 25 for myself. It definitely looks more blue than purple in person. Looking at the color sample, I definitely feel like gray is the right color. I love this color, though. I wish we had access to it!

Just a little bumpity to say I remembered these today and was hoping I'd look back and see that I'd missed the pr0n unveiling and would find fresh pr0n awaiting me.

Soon I hope!

Just a little bumpity to say I remembered these today and was hoping I'd look back and see that I'd missed the pr0n unveiling and would find fresh pr0n awaiting me.

Soon I hope!

Yeah, It shouldn't be long now. @MikesDad just got his H-Mold chips this week and he's waiting on a MD-50 Add-on. His artwork was due mid-February, so hopefully that means they'll be in the presses soon. Who knows, when I submitted my order David needed my artwork by mid-November, so I guess things change! Patiently waiting for sure.

Last edited:
Those look great. I thought they weren't making the md-50 anymore? Obviously they are, is it a special order or something?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom