The Hitching Post solid tournament hot stamp set (1 Viewer)

For comparison purposes:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1463788639-260350-jpg.42149

View attachment 42184
That's my exact problem with it. It is largely a rehash on what's on my non hot stamp chips. I'm much more interested in using the circle HP brand than the same thing that is on the chips I already have.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463814409.546428.jpg

I think I am leaning heavily towards not using it.

I like the HP logo. It seems kinda mule/donkey shaped

Last edited:
No. 3 on the reverse as it is such a cool concept having a 'brand', and then probably No. 5 on the other side.

If you want something different than "the hitching post" then i like the horseshoe idea the best. Nr 4. Maybe it could be changed a bit and improved (not sure how though) I'm not really a fan of the HP circle design. Somehow it reminds me of Phil hellmuth.

I'm still very much in favor of 5, and think it would look great as a hotstamp, but I can understand why you think it's a bit too close to your other chips.

How about two different inlays, one side with nr 5 and the other with a big horseshoe or something like that? I assume the donkey from your table can't be made into a hotstamp because it's too detailed? Otherwise that would be a cool second inlay as well.

If you want something different than "the hitching post" then i like the horseshoe idea the best. Nr 4. Maybe it could be changed a bit and improved (not sure how though) I'm not really a fan of the HP circle design. Somehow it reminds me of Phil hellmuth.

I'm still very much in favor of 5, and think it would look great as a hotstamp, but I can understand why you think it's a bit too close to your other chips.

How about two different inlays, one side with nr 5 and the other with a big horseshoe or something like that? I assume the donkey from your table can't be made into a hotstamp because it's too detailed? Otherwise that would be a cool second inlay as well.
I am thinking about using 4, taking the denomination off the side and enlarging the horseshoe and brand on it and featuring the denomination on the other side. I'm not going to use 5 at all despite people voting for it. Honestly I just find it to be a less interesting version of what is on my current chips. I have John playing with something else for side B.

Last edited:
So J5 told me these were just supposed to be preliminaries to get the conversation started and he didn't really think these were polished enough for public consumption. [emoji15]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463834084.759560.jpg

My Opinions:
  1. Upvote. It has the simple, old-timey feel that fits with hot-stamping and the Post.
  2. Downvote. I'm not a fan of the "K", even when chips get up to 100,000 - gimmie the zeros! The "K" just feels lazy, and lazy = cheap.
  3. 1/2 downvote. I really love this one, but without the denom, I'm going to naturally think the progression is 500-1000 (like everywhere else in the sane world) and will be over-betting when you tell me that this magical chip is 2x the denomination used, well, everywhere.
    68475681.jpg
  4. 1/4 upvote. It looks a little like a montage of different ideas, although I like each idea independently. The horseshoe also ties in with the HHR mold.
  5. Upvote. My favorite - but yes, it does look like it was based on a 1st round Hall of Fame chip. I do not however feel it is a cheaper version, it's just retro (except for the 2,000, which is all new-agey).
  6. Downvote. Just too boring.

If going with number 4 as primary then maybe bring the horseshoe to the bottom with the denom at the top kinda like this (my art skilz suk)
2016-05-21 07.53.35.jpg

something about the circle HP is a little off maybe reduce the letters inside the circle a tad to make it less "cluttered" at the outside edges. Most of the time when brands are made the there are common intersections for lines such as have the bottom of the loop of the P intersect with the cross bar of the H. Just a thought, it doesn't look crazy off the way it is now though
cattle-brand-design.jpg

here is a good link for some other brand info (maybe you have already done this)
http://www.tscrabrands.com/design-brand.html

Here are a couple I played with

Rocking HP
2016-05-21 08.07.59.jpg

Reverse rocking HP
2016-05-21 08.08.33.jpg

I also stumble across this in a googol image search #13 is my relatives (like 6 or 7 greats grandfather) when the settled central Kansas in the mid 1800's. My cousin still uses it today Bar C
cattle_brand_002.jpg

maybe I got a little carried away here. Not trying to nitpick, these are going to be awesome

If going with number 4 as primary then maybe bring the horseshoe to the bottom with the denom at the top kinda like this (my art skilz suk)
View attachment 42198

something about the circle HP is a little off maybe reduce the letters inside the circle a tad to make it less "cluttered" at the outside edges. Most of the time when brands are made the there are common intersections for lines such as have the bottom of the loop of the P intersect with the cross bar of the H. Just a thought, it doesn't look crazy off the way it is now though
View attachment 42202

here is a good link for some other brand info (maybe you have already done this)
http://www.tscrabrands.com/design-brand.html

Here are a couple I played with

Rocking HP
View attachment 42199

Reverse rocking HP
View attachment 42200

I also stumble across this in a googol image search #13 is my relatives (like 6 or 7 greats grandfather) when the settled central Kansas in the mid 1800's. My cousin still uses it today Bar C
View attachment 42201

maybe I got a little carried away here. Not trying to nitpick, these are going to be awesome
I'm going to not have the denominations on the circle HP side...if I do two different sides both with denominations I have to do a seperate dye for each side on each chip which I would rather avoid.

I am thinking about using 4, taking the denomination off the side and enlarging the horseshoe and brand on it and featuring the denomination on the other side. I'm not going to use 5 at all despite people voting for it. Honestly I just find it to be a less interesting version of what is on my current chips. I have John playing with something else for side B.

^THIS^

Didn't get around to vote but I would agree with the above, I like the horseshoe/logo design of #4 the best, but drop the denomination and make it a hair bigger. Then either just the denomination on the flip side or the denom & Hitching Post text.

I never posted my thots yesterday but:

Prefer 1, 3, 4.
#5 and #6 win for most boring.

I like stocky and Tom's idea of eliminating the denom from #4 and making the image larger then having a B side with denom and text.

But I also like #3 a lot with its rope effect.

I'm thinking I want to do a heads/tails orientation with the circle HP on one side and denom on the reverse. Debating between circle HP brand by itself or in horseshoe and between denominations.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465920371.389636.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465920381.528055.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465920394.420917.jpg

I think I like bottom left but maybe lose the outside squigglies. I like both HP's but if you go with the HP by itself I i think I would make the lines a tad heavier, not much though

HP brand on one side...

On the other, top and bottom of a saloon door above and below denominations.

My two...

Bottom middle for denom side.

For the logo I love both but the 'shoe wins by a nose.

Tossing another idea into the ring. This concept might need to be adapted from a steer's face-on profile to a horse's (unless people also hitched cows to posts). I like the white no text version on the far left, since it is different than the current Hitching Post designs. You could also use the bottom left corner in the white no text design to have the denomination and design on both sides. This strikes me as a bit more artsy, but just my $0.02....

HP1.png
horse profile 2.png
HP2.png

.........White No Text Version............................ Face On Profile ............................Black Version with Text

Last edited:
Tossing another idea into the ring. This concept might need to be adapted from a steer's face-on profile to a horse's (unless people also hitched cows to posts). I like the white no text version on the far left, since it is different than the current Hitching Post designs. You could also use the bottom left corner in the white no text design to have the denomination and design on both sides. This strikes me as a bit more artsy, but just my $0.02....

View attachment 44896 View attachment 44897View attachment 44895
.........White No Text Version............................ Face On Profile ............................Black Version with Text

You would if your name is Mongo

Blazing-Saddles-Mongo.png

No horseshoe. Can't figure out which one to use on the denom side. IMHO they all seem too "clean" compared to the logo? But count me in for samples no matter what

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom