The Hitching Post solid tournament hot stamp set (3 Viewers)

Can't figure out which one to use on the denom side. IMHO they all seem too "clean" compared to the logo? But count me in for samples no matter what

It's funny - to my eye they looked too ornate. The "HP" logo is so simple with its single line that I wouldn't want to go too complex on the reverse. On the other hand, it looks a bit stark to have simply a denom with no accentuating design feature.

Maybe something super simple like a mimicking of the circle from the HP on the denom side like this (well, an ultra-cleaned up version of my 3rd grade MSPaint version)?

MRAz4ku.png

It's funny - to my eye they looked too ornate. The "HP" logo is so simple with its single line that I wouldn't want to go too complex on the reverse. On the other hand, it looks a bit stark to have simply a denom with no accentuating design feature.

Maybe something super simple like a mimicking of the circle from the HP on the denom side like this (well, an ultra-cleaned up version of my 3rd grade MSPaint version)?

MRAz4ku.png
That looks like a denomination hamburger

No horseshoe. For denomination, I prefer the top right -- for starters, it has the largest numerals, and second, it most closely matches the 'circular' design of the logo:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1465920394-420917-jpg.44887
hpdenom2.jpg

As a clean, classy, stand-alone design, I like this one best -- but they are all good:

hpdenom3.jpg

On second thought, go with the HP brand on one side, and the hitched ass graphic on the other. Dun need no stinkin denoms..... :)

I've changed my mind a few times on the denomination. Right now I'm leaning towards bottom middle. And elaborate is what I am going for. It reminds me of the ornate text you would see on a western billing for a "quality establishment"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465946729.029797.jpg

I keep flip flopping between with the shoe and without

Just looking at those makes me want to walk through a pair of saloon doors, stand in the room for a second, and then mosey up to a bar for a shot of red-eye.

@Mr Tree are you 100% committed to T2k/T10k chips instead of T1k/5k?
I've been one of the few that HATES the 500/1000 jump in tournament chips, but I've come around.

If I ever run my own tourney, I'll just start the blinds at 5/10 and only use chips up to 500 personally.

Then again, I hate tourneys so this will never happen.

Yeah I know it's not traditional but I love it from a functional standpoint.

I've been one of the few that HATES the 500/1000 jump in tournament chips, but I've come around.

If I ever run my own tourney, I'll just start the blinds at 5/10 and only use chips up to 500 personally.

Then again, I hate tourneys so this will never happen.

I agree with the functionality argument; I just can't get past the idea of T2k chips. I've considered simply eliminating the T500 chips and jumping straight from T100 to T1k.

I agree with the functionality argument; I just can't get past the idea of T2k chips. I've considered simply eliminating the T500 chips and jumping straight from T100 to T1k.
Don't try to touch my tiger/cock!(progression)

Looking good.

If you are adding the comma for the T10,000 you might want to add one for the T2000 though? Or is that standard?

I think it's more common for there not to be a comma in 4-digit denom, and I think it looks better without.

I don't know what's standard, but I agree it looks better without the comma on the T2000.

If you want then to match, I'd be more likely to try the T10000 without a comma.

...or just stick with T1000/T5000 :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom