New Cash Set - seeking help with Colors (1 Viewer)

SoupHQ

Pair
Reaction score
Hey People,

when Tina opens the Gates again, i want to pull the Trigger on the Jacksons Cardroom Secondary Set (First Set: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-jacksons-card-room-tina.110648/). Some of you might know the trouble with designing a Set - some day you like this color more, the next day this, the next few seconds this, .... etc.

In the end i have to decide what i want, but i just want to hear some opinions of a free mind ^^

Which 25c Chip would you prefer in this Setup?
Which $5 Chip would you prefer in this Setup?
Or would you change colors completely?

Normally i wouldnt use black for a $1 but i just wanted to have it :- )

(Dont take the $100 + $500 into this Set as this is just some Color examples for a Tournament Set.)

JACKSON v2.1 Cash Set.png

Thank you!

With the white hundo, I'd go with a yellow quarter (avoiding white or light beige).

Of those listed, I like the middle red $5 best.

Personally, I'd avoid white (base or spots) altogether. Tends to show dirt quicker, and is more prone to showing color transfer.

With the white hundo, I'd go with a yellow quarter (avoiding white or light beige).

Of those listed, I like the middle red $5 best.

Personally, I'd avoid white (base or spots) altogether. Tends to show dirt quicker, and is more prone to showing color transfer.

Thanks!

dd.png

You might be right with close to each other spots - it might bleed. Especially on the rolling edge.
But my experience with the Spots on the Face is, that, because of the textured hybrids, it doesnt bleed much on the face.

But im considering changing the white Spots on the $5.

//Edit:
Yellow Quarter - i dont know. I dont like the Yellow on Tinas Chips.

//Edit2:
k, got it now :)

Last edited:

You might be right with close to each other spots - it might bleed. Especially on the rolling edge.

I think you missed his point, its not about transfer of color on your hundo, its a dirty stack risk. You don't want your base chip color that close, if you don't like yellow you can do pink or mauve or blue.

I think you missed his point, its not about transfer of color on your hundo, its a dirty stack risk. You don't want your base chip color that close, if you don't like yellow you can do pink or mauve or blue.

Ah ok, thanks.
But as written in the first post - ignore the $100 as this is just a Chip for a Tournament Set Idea.

//Edit:
Me no English, no no.

Last edited:
Also apparently missed....

Color transfer is not the same as color bleed (which typically occurs between colors on a ceramic chip during actual printing, or afterwards between different chips with oversaturated inks that 'bleed out').

Color transfer occurs on ceramic chips when two chips make contact during play and a lighter color chip (or lighter area) gets marked by the other chip's darker color(s).

A white chip with dark spots (or dark chip with white spots) can transfer color to other chips' white areas during normal play or when shuffled. This is actually more of a "dyed ceramic material debris' being rubbing into the face of another chip and causing it to become marred or discolored at the point of contact.

In clay chips, the color transfer is the actual 'clay' material rubbing into other chips.

Also apparently missed....

Color transfer is not the same as color bleed (which typically occurs between colors on a ceramic chip during actual printing, or afterwards between different chips with oversaturated inks that 'bleed out').

Color transfer occurs on ceramic chips when two chips make contact during play and a lighter color chip (or lighter area) gets marked by the other chip's darker color(s).

A white chip with dark spots (or dark chip with white spots) can transfer color to other chips' white areas during normal play or when shuffled. This is actually more of a "dyed ceramic material debris' being rubbing into the face of another chip and causing it to become marred or discolored at the point of contact.

In clay chips, the color transfer is the actual 'clay' material rubbing into other chips.

Got it now, thanks.

Hey People,

when Tina opens the Gates again, i want to pull the Trigger on the Jacksons Cardroom Secondary Set (First Set: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-jacksons-card-room-tina.110648/). Some of you might know the trouble with designing a Set - some day you like this color more, the next day this, the next few seconds this, .... etc.

In the end i have to decide what i want, but i just want to hear some opinions of a free mind ^^

Which 25c Chip would you prefer in this Setup?
Which $5 Chip would you prefer in this Setup?
Or would you change colors completely?

Normally i wouldnt use black for a $1 but i just wanted to have it :- )

(Dont take the $100 + $500 into this Set as this is just some Color examples for a Tournament Set.)

View attachment 1274697

Thank you!

Depending on if you plan to have the .25s and 100s in play at the same time, I would agree with others in not having them both be white. If the $100s are only for tournaments and you’ll be chipping up, I like the cream (far right). Also different enough that you could maybe get away with using both.

For the $5s, think the middle red best matches the broader color pallet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom