Take care of your things and they'll take care of you! (2 Viewers)

I don’t know if it’s snobbery to question this. A dust layer can be wiped off with a damp cloth - that doesn’t mean they need oil.
I wish I still had some China clays laying around because I’d love to experiment for myself. But I have seen people post before and after pictures of oiled China clays and it was nearly impossible to tell the difference.

Here’s a pic from 4 years ago when I bought my first non-dice chips. Apache pharaohs.
I used a damp cloth with a touch of soap. You can see the difference in the 2 barrels.

However, they pretty quickly all went back to their dusty state. Not sure if oil is more permanent.

IMG_9722.jpeg

Last edited:
From the period which I owned Majestic's there was a noticeable difference between oiled and non-oiled. Washing, without oiling, and they would return to the dull (dusty) look. They definitely don't take oil like Paulson's, but, oiling does enhance their appearance longer than no oil.

I don’t know if it’s snobbery to question this. A dust layer can be wiped off with a damp cloth - that doesn’t mean they need oil.
I wish I still had some China clays laying around because I’d love to experiment for myself. But I have seen people post before and after pictures of oiled China clays and it was nearly impossible to tell the difference.
The rare time we agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom