Sunset Cash Set Initiation (9 Viewers)

With some bad ass art that color matched the solids (to a point) might be the way to go.

I like the edge spots...but I'm seeing a wicked fade inlay in the solids.

J5 contacted me a few days ago. Said he should be working on my design soon. Great news. Soon to me means right now damnt :)

I'm 99% sure I'm staying with solids. and 95% sure I'm going to role with the FDL mold. Ben (awesome dude) is sending me a sample set of the FDL's so that I can handle them to make sure that they will be acceptable.

Damn I'm excited!!!!!

Last edited:
J5 contacted me a few days ago. Said he should be working on my design soon. Great news. Soon to me means right now damnt :)

I'm 99% sure I'm staying with solids. and 95% sure I'm going to role with the FDL mold. Ben (awesome dude) is sending me a sample set of the FDL's so that I can handle them to make sure that they will be acceptable.

Damn I'm excited!!!!!
Good to hear!

(Scratches name off list)

After seeing the day-glo green in Paulo's samples, I think it is a must! You can't really go wrong with solids, but you can screw up with too many edge spots in my opinion. More is not always better!

After seeing the day-glo green in Paulo's samples, I think it is a must! You can't really go wrong with solids, but you can screw up with too many edge spots in my opinion. More is not always better!

I agree. I have the Samurai Palace set with edge spots. If I want a set with different edge spots I'll just buy it. For my personal custom set though I think solids is the way to go.

Here is the second mock up today that the awesome J5 has sent me. The quarter and the 1 were in his initial email and their damn near perfect. He has revised the 5 and 25 for me (haven't worked on the denom's yet). They 5 and 25 are a huge improvement. I'm still feeling like its just still a tad to much lavender and green. I'm requesting a little more darker shades similar to the two lower denoms.

I'm very excited with how this is turning out.

bb1c.jpg

Here is the second mock up today that the awesome J5 has sent me. The quarter and the 1 were in his initial email and their damn near perfect. He has revised the 5 and 25 for me (haven't worked on the denom's yet). They 5 and 25 are a huge improvement. I'm still feeling like its just still a tad to much lavender and green. I'm requesting a little more darker shades similar to the two lower denoms.

View attachment 20118
Nice colors and use of the inlay. Somewhat reminiscent of the Boulevard which is most definitely not a bad thing

View attachment 20118

I wouldn't change a thing on the $25 I love that chip.

WOW........Dave at CPC is answering my emails at 630 in the damn morning on a SATURDAY.

I've said this before. I want to say it again. Spending this kind of loot on a chip set is a big deal for me. Workign with J5 on the design work and David at CPC has made this so much easier than I anticipated.

Customer Service goes a long way. CPC nails it.

Thank you @David Spragg

B

Last edited:
I'm going to be putting the order in soon so that I can get in on the current FDL run. Without final mockups done I'm going to handle any samples requests slightly different. I'm just going to order 25 extra of each denom. Then sell the samples like that after they come in.

bb1e.jpg
bb1f.jpg

The .25, 1, and 25 are set.

He sent me three more mock ups with new 5's and 100's. The second 100 is money. I feel like it fits the flow of the chips better. Overall I just prefer it.

I'm still not sold on either of the 5's. I like the second one better, but I think I want it combined with the first 5 somewhat. What I mean is less beach (about 50% less) and slightly warmer (if that makes sense), like the in the first mock up.

View attachment 20732 View attachment 20733

The .25, 1, and 25 are set.

He sent me three more mock ups with new 5's and 100's. The second 100 is money. I feel like it fits the flow of the chips better. Overall I just prefer it.

I'm still not sold on either of the 5's. I like the second one better, but I think I want it combined with the first 5 somewhat. What I mean is less beach (about 50% less) and slightly warmer (if that makes sense), like the in the first mock up.
Man, I can't ever remember thinking I needed 50% less beach.

Hundos DG Saturn? I think you could try DG Yellow to differentiate a bit more from the green chip... Just a thought...

I like the 'more beach' version of the $5 actually... I also like the hundo version with the cloudy sky...

Last edited:
I'd ship the top design straightaway, personally. You don't go wrong w/the options in the bottom design by an means...just prefer the top a little more.

Nice looking chips! Really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I like the second 5 better. These are shaping up real gudgeon. :)

I'm not going to email him for a day or two. As with the other mock ups I want to study them first. I'll constantly look at them on my phone, back ground on my laptop, ect.......

Also,

On the 25's I will be adding to one side of the chip in some fashion "Braydon 10-23-2015" to honor my first grandson.

2 sided inlay ftw.

I've been contemplating that. This is probably stupid. Here is my reasoning for doing it on one side (very well could change my mind).

When guest/me/whoever is shuffling/messing around with the chips. Side one looks normal, they flip it over and on side two is "Braydon", kind of like a cool surprise.

Mid to end January looks to be the time frame I'll have these babies in my hand :) :) :) :) :) :)

I think @David Spragg will expedite my order so that I will quit emailing him with stupid questions :)

I am curious about this as well. Can anyone attest if you can tell that much of a difference if their in stacks together (weighted quarters and unweighted ones for example?)

Yes it is noticeable but by no means a distraction...at least not for me.

When the chips get here tomorrow evening I'm sure they will have the new dust on them. Should I wipe that off with a very lightly damp cloth before oiling? or just straight to oiling them up?

When the chips get here tomorrow evening I'm sure they will have the new dust on them. Should I wipe that off with a very lightly damp cloth before oiling? or just straight to oiling them up?
Straight oiling is fine. It doesn't take a lot! Just a light amount on the rag will handle a lot of chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom