Sunset Cash Set Initiation (7 Viewers)

Where I'm leaning at right now

55.PNG

This isn't bad either. I love that dayglo green

56.PNG

I'm addicted to the chip design tool. I thought, let me try my hand at adding spots to my set and see what it looks like. If, and this is a big "IF" I went with spots I wouldn't want anything to crazy. A lot of the spot levels just get to busy for me. Again, if I did this, I'd prolly stay with level 1 and 2 spot progressions.

I thought this looked interesting. Your thoughts?

56.PNG

I like 1, 2, and 4. Not sure about the dayglo green on the lavender.

Just a thought. Do you have generic photos of your favorite beach/destination you could use? I personally love photo chips ie. ritz's, grand vics or bahamias

Just a thought. Do you have generic photos of your favorite beach/destination you could use? I personally love photo chips ie. ritz's, grand vics or bahamias

J5 is coming up with my sunset design. Do you mean a picture for the time being to put on the chips as I run them through the chip design tool? I would have no idea on how to do that, lol.

I'm addicted to the chip design tool. I thought, let me try my hand at adding spots to my set and see what it looks like. If, and this is a big "IF" I went with spots I wouldn't want anything to crazy. A lot of the spot levels just get to busy for me. Again, if I did this, I'd prolly stay with level 1 and 2 spot progressions.

I thought this looked interesting. Your thoughts?

View attachment 16690

I like 1, 2, and 4. Not sure about the dayglo green on the lavender.

slight change with the lavender.

57.PNG

Bill, what is your reasoning for adding a ½ Pie chip to the set? Don't get me wrong, I like the spot but looking at your progression I'm not sure if I get it... You go 114, 214, 314 and ½ Pie... It seems to me 414 would be the most logical spot, no? (sorry for being too obvious, LOL!!) Again, I like that spot, and if you're either using totally different spot sizes and shapes or if the set is solids,½ Pie and ¼ Pie, then I'd get it... Just my 2¢ man...

Agree with Toby; I was thinking a yellow-ish spot would fit better with the lavender chip.

Also in agreement with links -- although this lineup looks good, I think a solids set is really what gets your gears turning.

That, plus playing around in the chip factory. ;)

Are you going A mold for these?

Yes, I have a special relationship with the "A" mold, lol.

As much as you love solids I can't help but think that you may regret not going the solid route with this set.

Also in agreement with links -- although this lineup looks good, I think a solids set is really what gets your gears turning.

That, plus playing around in the chip factory

I'm sure you guys are right. I just want to cover all the options within my budget to make sure I don't get anything that I'll regret. The "solids" are still way in the lead. I figure while I wait for J5 to come up with something I might as well feed my chip design tool addiction a little more. I figure why not post them here and gather opinions.

Bill, what is your reasoning for adding a ½ Pie chip to the set? Don't get me wrong, I like the spot but looking at your progression I'm not sure if I get it... You go 114, 214, 314 and ½ Pie... It seems to me 414 would be the most logical spot, no? (sorry for being too obvious, LOL!!) Again, I like that spot, and if you're either using totally different spot sizes and shapes or if the set is solids,½ Pie and ¼ Pie, then I'd get it... Just my 2¢ man...

It does seem out of place. Until I post it I can't quite tell. I'm not a fan of the 414. the 114, 214, and 314 all work for me. As I said via text. I just find the half pie sexy so I think I'm trying to force it into the set. I could always go solid, 114, 214, 314 if I decide to go the edge spots route (I know some people aren't fans of mixing solids and edge spots (I'm not one of them).

Where I'm leaning at right now

This isn't bad either. I love that dayglo green

View attachment 16643

Still in the lead FWIW

Chip breakdown I'll probably go with

One table

.25 x 130
1 x 180
5 x 160
25 x 130

600 chips

$60.00 buy in

12 x .25
17 x 1
8 x 5

20 player table

Two tables

.25 x 160
1 x 270
5 x 190
25 x 140

760 chips

60.00 buy in

8 x .25
13 x 1
9 x 5

I have decided 100% if I'm going with a 1 or 2 table set. I've hosted a two table cash game only twice in the last 5 years. My initial plan was to buy a 2 table set then sell my Samurai Palace cash set. I'm thinking if I order a 1 table sunset set then I could keep the SP chips. On the rare occasion that I host a two table game I just use both sets, one at each table. I did this for the mini meet and greet at my place a few months ago (PCR's and Sunset chips) and it worked just fine.

Last edited:
simply because I can't go 12 hours with fondling the chip design tool I fired up another all half pie set (not that my budget would even remotely allow me to purchase this).
60.PNG

I kind of like it. The only one that doesn't fell 100% to me is the $5.00 chips (#3). Like I said, doesn't matter. Don't have the budget for it anyways :(

I think an intervention might be needed.

Shit..........Were renting a cabin for a couple of days next week. No service at all, cell, data, ect....FUCK........I hope the CDT doesn't think I'm cheating on her.

I dunno.... CDT's can get pretty jealous of CIS's.... cast iron skillets

I dunno.... CDT's can get pretty jealous of CIS's.... cast iron skillets

seriously, I'm on CPC every few hours whether I'm at home or work just screwing around with the CDT. I only post a fraction of the sets I come up, lol........

breakdown:

One table

.25 x 130
1 x 200
5 x 150
25 x 60

540 chips

$80.00 buy in

12 x .25
17 x 1
10 x 5

20 player table

Two tables

.25 x 170
1 x 270
5 x 300
25 x 60

800 chips

ATTACH=full]15298[/ATTACH]

Do to the meaning of the Sunset design, and the simple fact that I really enjoyed them. I have decided that is what I will pursue for my cpc cash set.

I plan on contacting either pwoody or j5 to consult with the design. It looks like I can't go wrong with either decision. I don't know if I'm going to just refine this design http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/how-did-you-come-up-with-your-custom-poker-chip-design.6893/, or go with an entirely new one. Hopefully that is where the professional will be able to help me.

Chaos suggested maybe looking into going with a silhouette style sunset. I do want to keep the beach style theme as is closer represents our 20th Anniversary celebration.

HPIM0757.jpg

In the mean time I'm going to start screwing around with the Chip Design Tool. I have several color's that I like. I just don't know if they will flow together, or even look good with a sunset design on. I'm not going to let that stop me. I'll probably be posting a bunch of color combo's. I'm posting them, so feel free to honestly share your opinion. I'm not creative enough to do this on my own, lol.

I plan on building a .25, 1, 5, 25, and maybe a 100 chip. I also might just let 100's play. Currently undecided at this point. I'm also planning on making this a "solids" set.

In no specific order, here are some of my preferred color choices

These are the two leading options as of now.

View attachment 17517 View attachment 17518

OP is updated with my two leading options. If I go solids, it will be a two table set. If I go with the edge spots it will be a 10 player, 1 table set (and I keep the Samurai Palace for the rare occasion I have two tables).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom