Sunset Cash Set Initiation (2 Viewers)

If it provides any inspiration, some of the colors lineups are reminding me of my first set, which I still like a lot in terms of color.

Light chocolate
Light blue
Canary yellow
Retro lavendar

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438744905.440453.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438745023.109063.jpg

I think retro red would fit nicely in there.

I agree, but not sure where I would put it in the rotation. I like the Dayglo Tiger, Retro Blue, Retro Lav, Saturn Yellow. If I replaced anything it would be the Yellow. A red 20 might look odd.

If it provides any inspiration, some of the colors lineups are reminding me of my first set, which I still like a lot in terms of color.

Light chocolate
Light blue
Canary yellow
Retro lavendar

View attachment 15422
View attachment 15423

The Chocolate was going to be to dark and clash with the retro blue. The "light" chocolate could be a 100 chip?.............hmmmm, I'll have to look at the sample set this weekend when I acquire it.

J5 to me is a magician of the poker chip Inlay... A truly gifted artist... But because of that, he's always in super high demand and sometimes does't have the time to respond emails quickly... I know it's hard but try to exercise the patience you developed 'nut peddling' in our game

Its been three days since I sent the email. Maybe I explained my reasoning to much and he hated the idea? maybe he isn't going to take me on, hopefully he didn't drive off a cliff..................sheeeeesh..............:eek:o_O

Its been three days since I sent the email. Maybe I explained my reasoning to much and he hated the idea? maybe he isn't going to take me on, hopefully he didn't drive off a cliff..................sheeeeesh..............:eek:o_O

He's a busy guy. Sometimes email reply was immediate sometimes it took time. I'm sure he'll get back to you, he is very reliable.

Not to bad with the light choc.

35.PNG

still think I like the Saturn Yellow better as Chip #4

Personally, if I were making a solids CPC chip set, it would be using these colors (or some sub-set, if fewer denominations):

ddad2.png

All unweighted colors, except for charcoal and light blue (and possibly substitute tiger for peach, but they are pretty close in hue). 25c through $5000 denominations.

Personally, if I were making a solids CPC chip set, it would be using these colors (or some sub-set, if fewer denominations):

View attachment 15452

All unweighted colors, except for charcoal and light blue (and possibly substitute tiger for peach, but they are pretty close in hue). 25c through $5000 denominations.

The light blue was a consideration for me. I love the retro blue color, it's a must have in my rotation. I agree about the tiger for the peach. One of those will be my .25 chip.

Hi mate, wasn't sure if you had done away with the half-pie idea, but I got to thinking about it and did these up. Sunset over the water maybe.

Sunset.png

This one has some sandy beach action. I can feel the breeze :).
Sunset 2.png

@Phantom, I think I will be sticking with all solids. I do like the idea however.

Just mixing things up with the CDT..........

36.PNG

37.PNG

I was blown away when my Dayglo Tiger sample chip arrived on Tuesday. It's very close to BCC's TRK Fire. If any color belongs in a chip set inspired by the setting sun, it's Dayglo Tiger. IMHO, of course.

I was blown away when my Dayglo Tiger sample chip arrived on Tuesday. It's very close to BCC's TRK Fire. If any color belongs in a chip set inspired by the setting sun, it's Dayglo Tiger. IMHO, of course.

Its going to be. The most recent mock ups are simply because I have to much time on my hands, and I'm addicted to the CDT.

4 days...........still no J5 :(

The Dayglo Tiger and the retro blue will be a staple in my set as the .25 and 1. The 5 will most likely be the retro lavender followed by the Dayglo Saturn. This will be dependent on if they look good with the inlay design or not.

4 days...........still no J5 :(

It's rare, but I've gone months between replies from him. He's a super talented guy and is usually swamped as a result. The wait time is small compared to the time you'll be able to enjoy the final product. I know you're excited but patience will be your friend on this project.

It's rare, but I've gone months between replies from him. He's a super talented guy and is usually swamped as a result. The wait time is small compared to the time you'll be able to enjoy the final product. I know you're excited but patience will be your friend on this project.

lol...........months...........that'll feel like playing a triple stack NLHE only tourney with 2 hour blinds.........................blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Just keep reminding me please :)

^This

This. A friendly email asking if he's ok to do it may help.

uh oh..............I just tried to send J5 a follow up email and it got kicked back to me saying there was a problem with the delivery to this address (it worked fine 10 days ago).

uh oh..............I just tried to send J5 a follow up email and it got kicked back to me saying there was a problem with the delivery to this address (it worked fine 10 days ago).

I figured out why he never answered my email. I sent it to the wrong damn email address...................Thanks Paulo..............sheeesh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom