Sunset Cash Set Initiation (2 Viewers)

how does it look with two solids and two simple edge spots? #2 would be Dglo Tiger

25.PNG

Now that I'm studying it, not sure if I'm sold on two solids in the group. One is fine, all is fine, 50/50 I don't think fine. Progression is off.

Yeah, I think that tiger chip needs stripes. Or at least one.

Yeah, I think that tiger chip needs stripes. Or at least one.

I think either three solids, than half pie on the 25, or the quarter is the only solid with slight progressions on the other three denoms.

I am curious about this as well. Can anyone attest if you can tell that much of a difference if their in stacks together (weighted quarters and unweighted ones for example?)

For me, the difference in weight isn't really noticeable, but the difference in edge texture definitely is. All else being equal, I'd definitely go with all weighted base colors. That said, if you really love a certain DG color as a base, I wouldn't hesitate to use it either.

Level 11 edgespots FTW. Sunsets are colorful, right? ;)

I've got a mix of DG and weighted chips in my set and I notice no difference really.

If you're looking for spot progression, you could slide the 214 to chip 2, use 212 for chip 3?

ddp.png

Last edited:
I still think I'm leaning towards 3 solids, and the rebuy chip being a half pie. I miss having a solids set.

FWIW, I just contacted J5 via email.

as much as you love solids, why not just go with an all solid set? the half pie just looks...i dunno...weird to me.
Yeah, same for me - all solids or spot progression. :)
Yep! ^^^^^

not disagreeing with you guys. It does look out of place. I think I'm trying to hard to get the rebuy chip to "pop" a little more.
I should be able to do that with the colors I choose to roll with.

Good thing I have plenty of time to decide what the hell I want to do.

I can't stop fucking with the damn chip design tool

31.PNG

30.PNG

#2 would be Dayglo Tiger

#5 is if I decide to bring in a 100 chip.

Still think you're gonna have issues with charcoal and retro blue, if not discerning spots to help differentiate. Same with retro blue and black (probably worse, in fact)....

Still think you're gonna have issues with charcoal and retro blue, if not discerning spots to help differentiate. Same with retro blue and black (probably worse, in fact)....

Just messing around right now. Waiting to hear back from J5. I also plan on borrowing Paulo's sample set. Once I have that in hand it will help me consolidate the colors.

The retro blue is one of my favorite colors. That is going to be in my set. I might have to reconsider the charcoal gray. Good thing I have plenty of time.

@BG, thanks for your participation in the thread. Greatly appreciated.

B

Best one so far IMHO, though you could also switch out the DG green for saturn yellow, may end up being a better fit for both the sunset theme and the fact that this denom will be $20 instead of $25 (yellow more common for $20s, green more common for $25).

I think you're at the point where you need a draft mock-up of the inlay, the colors/style of the inlay often has a big impact on the look & feel of the set, and could easily sway the chip color selection. Otherwise you'll end up creating infinite color permutations until you go mad.... :)

I agree Irish. J5 has been emailed, just waiting to hear back from him. I contacted him 36 hours ago. ...where is he at.....lol........damn addictions

I agree with @Irish 's comments above Bill... About the colors and inlay mock-up...

It looks good but not sure DG Green would fit the theme... I'm thinking you could try colors that usually are present at sunset, idk, like yellow, orange, red, brown comes to mind among other...

As he said, depending on the inlay mock-up you can go from a color combo you love in a vacuum to one that clashes with the inlay substantially... If you know the colors you like best (assuming you decided to go all the way solids), once the inlay starts to take shape it will be easier to pick the four denoms I think...

Having said that, nothing wrong spending way more time with the CDT than doing some actual work ;)

I agree Irish. J5 has been emailed, just waiting to hear back from him. I contacted him 36 hours ago. ...where is he at.....lol........damn addictions

J5 to me is a magician of the poker chip Inlay... A truly gifted artist... But because of that, he's always in super high demand and sometimes does't have the time to respond emails quickly... I know it's hard but try to exercise the patience you developed 'nut peddling' in our games ;)

do you have a sample set yet?

J5 will probably advise that there is a several week delay in getting your first mockups created, thats what he said for me a few months ago and he usually takes 24 hrs to reply to some emails...sometimes a bit longer

some of the line-ups of solids look pretty close to the original truman's house chips which, while they pale in comparison to the set we all know and love, i liked quite a bit:

RG1G5OX.png

retro lav, dg peach, retro blue, dg green

do you have a sample set yet?

J5 will probably advise that there is a several week delay in getting your first mockups created, thats what he said for me a few months ago and he usually takes 24 hrs to reply to some emails...sometimes a bit longer

I know. I've "almost" worked with him before on a starburst project. I'm not in any hurry. I have a playable set of the Samurai chips. I'm good for now.

some of the line-ups of solids look pretty close to the original truman's house chips which, while they pale in comparison to the set we all know and love, i liked quite a bit:

RG1G5OX.png

retro lav, dg peach, retro blue, dg green

Thanks..........that is a beautiful set.

I'll have my hands on a sample set soon.

Chaos, you bringing it on the 8th? Did you order the Dayglo Tiger chip on me?

Best one so far IMHO, though you could also switch out the DG green for saturn yellow, may end up being a better fit for both the sunset theme and the fact that this denom will be $20 instead of $25 (yellow more common for $20s, green more common for $25).

I think you're at the point where you need a draft mock-up of the inlay, the colors/style of the inlay often has a big impact on the look & feel of the set, and could easily sway the chip color selection. Otherwise you'll end up creating infinite color permutations until you go mad.... :)

The .25 chip is tentative Dayglo Tiger, followed by retro blue, retro lavender as the 1 and 5. I am a big fan of the Saturn Yellow, but would it contrast enough with the dayglo tiger?

The .25 chip is tentative Dayglo Tiger, followed by retro blue, retro lavender as the 1 and 5. I am a big fan of the Saturn Yellow, but would it contrast enough with the dayglo tiger?

I'll try to snap a quick picture of the 2 side by side later tonight, but I'm thinking yes.

Studied this image when working on the 8-Ball set..
DGTiger > Retro Blue > Retro Lavender > DGSaturn
37 > 33 > 35 > 26

The contrast looks pretty sweet to me, but a bolder orange would be good too.

• White
  • Red
  • Mandarin Red
  • Light Blue
  • Imperial Blue
  • Blue
  • Dark Blue
  • Light Green
  • Green
  • Dark Green
  • Canary
  • Yellow
  • Butterscotch
  • Orange
  • Black
  • Charcoal
  • Gray
  • Lavender
  • Purple
  • Blurple
  • New Pink
  • Light Chocolate
  • Chocolate
  • Maroon
  • Dayglo Yellow
  • Dayglo Saturn
  • Dayglo Arc Yellow
  • Dayglo Green
  • Dayglo Peach
  • Dayglo Orange
  • Dayglo Pink
  • Retro Red
  • Retro Blue
  • Retro Green
  • Retro Lavender
  • Bright White
  • Dayglo Tiger
2015_07_29_IMG_1584.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom