Starting Stack Tubes (2 Viewers)

someone here has done 3d printed tubes with locking caps, i believe it was like 5 hours print per tube.

The tubes do allow a lot of extra functionality to ease and spice up the games:
tourney game prep is made easier fill tubes night before instead of putting chips at the seats before game starts
written on the inside of the caps are the table and seating number (ie T1S2) ..gold sharpie works best

we placed a white blank ceramic chip in each tube in the middle of chip stack, if your chip has:
a pink star in the middle you win the door prize usually cash
a blue star (one per table ) you can steal any seat at your table before dealing begins
2 black stars for bounties with cash prize for those who capture it or the bounty themselves if they managed to hold on till 3 hour mark
we been debating about using the blank ones as a 5 min STFU chip

the only PITA i found is collecting tubes and caps when chips are emptied. god forbid the lazy a$$ s.o.b. would bring the tubes up to basket next to the bar when getting a drink
Definately going to use this idea of a stickered chip in one tube for a prize. Just adds another nice touch to the night for someone, thanks.

Definately going to use this idea of a stickered chip in one tube for a prize. Just adds another nice touch to the night for someone, thanks.
Yes add a prize for high hand and bad beat keeps money flowing and it always seems to end back into the pot

we did sell showmenow chips but got mixed feedback, some like it and the major bluffers hate it

Yeah i dont think i would like that because if i have the stack for it i will bluff the shit out of a hand with literally the worst cards :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Yes add a prize for high hand and bad beat keeps money flowing and it always seems to end back into the pot

we did sell showmenow chips but got mixed feedback, some like it and the major bluffers hate it

well the chips couldnt be transferred and u had to have possession of one before the hand to use it..it was a shame it actually did add value to the pot

Picked up a cheap Bicycle brand bag and threw out the tubes and plastic chips that come with it - they don’t fit 39-43mm chips. It's a perfect travel bag for tubes and cards to go with a roll-up topper!

Bonus: I fit the other 10 tubes loose in the same bag for storage
D4CB8767-32E1-49FD-9C4D-8D1DBB068C01.jpeg7941E2A2-B5D0-47C2-92BC-03D8D247ECEC.jpeg

Last edited:
True - the clear ones are actually cheaper per tube, but it's the re-shipping and fact that it comes in a lot of 60 tubes that make it a little cumbersome. I bought 60 and ended up splitting 3 ways, keeping 20 for myself and re-shipping the rest at cost+shipping.

i have to say the pill bottles do work great, i do like them much better than the uline even thou the uline is a better fit for 39mm. I have prize chips inside the stacks the tinting hides things a bit better

Looking to order some of these in the near future. My question is, are people using the tubes just to set starting stacks? Or, are you storing your starting stacks in the tubes as well? If storing the chips in the tubes, what case are you storing those in?

Just for starting stacks. I sell tubes at the door to help with buy in logistics at big tournies and then a seating chip on top tells them where to go. After the tourney chips go back in racks and the tubes go in a sack.

Just for starting stacks. I sell tubes at the door to help with buy in logistics at big tournies and then a seating chip on top tells them where to go. After the tourney chips go back in racks and the tubes go in a sack.
I like this. I’m going to start doing this for my tournies.

I found these in another thread and got the ordering link from @ChaosRock (thank you, by the way!!), and thought I'd share with some pics...

I'm OCD about hosting my tournaments, and these will be awesome for setting out/handing out starting stacks.

View attachment 181924

View attachment 181926

View attachment 181925

Link to tubes: https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-18215/Tubes/Clear-Retail-Tubes-1-1-2-x-6
Link to caps: https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-18221/Tubes/Retail-Tube-Caps-1-1-2-Flat

Keywords: Tournament starting stack tubes, poker chip storage tubes, Uline clear plastic chip tubes with caps and lids, 39mm chip storage
Got some today…lov’em

Attachments

• A66D0A29-CCB5-44E7-BBA8-984D5EABCD27.jpeg
    A66D0A29-CCB5-44E7-BBA8-984D5EABCD27.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 160
And off to Fusion 360 I go to design a custom one of these for my starting stacks at my home game... Neat idea!

I may or may not have mentioned it before, but prescription vials (either clear or amber) with or without childproof lids are available pretty cheaply, too. Most pharmacies will sell them since they have so many in stock on a constant ordering cycle.

Yep, prescription vials work great. This 60 dram vial with a childproof lid holds 43 chips.

B6C86CC9-D2B4-4A2B-895F-811B9A8F9E1B.jpeg

5504EFD7-4A2F-41E3-A611-45BC64986E6E.jpeg

C44907DD-8D08-435B-9F8E-D7E2AC06C7B2.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom