Starting Stack Thread (3 Viewers)

The Zombie Poker Club prepares for their first ever cash game. Starting with 2 tables; 5¢-10¢ and 25¢-25¢. Expecting a whirlwind of problems for my first game, but lots of prep and a ton of reading up on the forum has me as ready as I will ever be. Question is, can a bunch of players that have never played a cash game co-exist with seasoned cash game veterans?

View attachment 47581

@Poker Zombie - How did your cash game come off? Any real problems or a smooth night overall?

@Poker Zombie - How did your cash game come off? Any real problems or a smooth night overall?

It ran much smoother than expected. I heard a number of comments after the game about how afraid some of the players were, but overall they liked the cash game. Only "bump" I had was when an experienced player got short stacked and wanted to buy up to 1/2 the big stack. I resisted at first (rules stated must be felted to bump up the stack), but I acquiesced when I saw his logic.

I still prefer tournaments, but it was a good night overall and will be repeated at some point.

It ran much smoother than expected. I heard a number of comments after the game about how afraid some of the players were, but overall they liked the cash game. Only "bump" I had was when an experienced player got short stacked and wanted to buy up to 1/2 the big stack. I resisted at first (rules stated must be felted to bump up the stack), but I acquiesced when I saw his logic.

I still prefer tournaments, but it was a good night overall and will be repeated at some point.

That's great. Had the same issue with my group of friends when last I hosted and switched to cash. The entire group expressed unabashed fear of playing cash rather than the usual tourney, even though they'd be buying in for the same amount... made me curious to see how you came through it. Thanks (y) :thumbsup:

All cash games that I've played in have allowed reloading up to the specified amount anytime the player isn't in a hand. If guy loses 20 bucks (we buy in for 60 - 100) I have no problem in topping him off :) Doing this should have less all in shoves then forcing players to be felted first.

All cash games that I've played in have allowed reloading up to the specified amount anytime the player isn't in a hand. If guy loses 20 bucks (we buy in for 60 - 100) I have no problem in topping him off :) Doing this should have less all in shoves then forcing players to be felted first.
^^^^I support this statement. Have to allow topping off in cash games.

Bitchin' host at the Hitching Post !!

Only other thing that rhymes is kitchen ghost....

You need a spalted maple baggie equivalent for those bonus chips, just sayin'. How many do you typically keep on hand, 30? Lemme look around....

IMG_1956.JPG

Openning day of our new Poker League season is tomorrow... Can't wait!! Buncha good dudes...

Cleaning up the room/tables and setting up starting stacks today... T20K with a 12/12/9/7 breakdown for a cool 2 barrels per player... @Poker Zombie would be tilted by the T2K chip :p

Cq6o469.jpg
TnT4UvU.jpg
jX6zHtL.jpg
Where did you get the tubes for the starting stacks?

Last edited:
Those tubes are awesome! Do they have them for 46mm chips?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom