Starting Stack Tubes (16 Viewers)

Any info on the end caps? Grippy for stacking seems to make the most sense.
I used these
IMG_7197.png

but have since moved on to the uline tubes and caps

I prefer them, they’re not as stout, but give a cleaner look.
And they are thin but very durable. I have only used mine for a couple tournaments but i have had talks with others that have used the same tubes for years without having any break. I have another 25 coming tomorrow.

The uline version is actually clear, but the other seems to be opaque.

I like the idea of Seeing my bad@$$ chips!

Any thoughts on which is actually better?

The uline version is actually clear, but the other seems to be opaque.

I like the idea of Seeing my bad@$$ chips!

Any thoughts on which is actually better?
I can only speak for the Uline tubes, but there are no downsides really to them. No dimple in the bottom to deal with and the chips fit virtually perfect with no rattling around. They might be thin but they are extremely durable. I went with the retail tubes with both kinds of lids so i can fit 45 chips in them if i want to.
1701221440168.png

Anyone have any experience with Uline tubes that fit 43mm chips? I like some of the other options out there but would rather not have to buy 60-75 just to get the 10 I need.

My starting stacks are only 30 chips (8/8/6/6/2). Do they come shorter? I don’t want too much wiggle room.

My starting stacks are only 30 chips (8/8/6/6/2). Do they come shorter? I don’t want too much wiggle room.
It doesn't look like it from uline. Only longer options. If you wanted to cut them down to size though I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard.

It doesn't look like it from uline. Only longer options. If you wanted to cut them down to size though I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard.
I think cutting them down might prove a bit more difficult than one would think. Here is part of a conversation i had with Mick on this exact topic.
1701290286763.png

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but I don’t want to cut 30 tubes. Too lazy

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but I don’t want to cut 30 tubes. Too lazy
I saw somewhere on here someone was 3d printing tubes like this. They're probably not clear but that might be something to look into.

Looking at the prices next to each other made me realize that it'd be cheaper to order the 12" and cut them all in half than to order 2x the 6". So if you are buying 50 and want to save $6.25 you could cut them all yourself lol. Likewise you could order the 12" and glue them end to end for a terrible version of the 24" and save 25c per tube!

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Looking at the prices next to each other made me realize that it'd be cheaper to order the 12" and cut them all in half than to order 2x the 6". So if you are buying 50 and want to save $6.25 you could cut them all yourself lol. Likewise you could order the 12" and glue them end to end for a terrible version of the 24" and save 25c per tube!

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
But isn’t one end sealed? So you would need to caps for the part that’s cut

So if I bought 8” tubes in hopes to cut them in half. What is best way to cut them? Hot knife? Scissors? Chainsaw?

IMG_5207.jpeg

Here’s my solution for tubes after the chips are out. The box in the middle of the table is where they put their empty tubes and that box goes on my game cart. Done until next month and no mess. The slot in the box is for the seating cards you see on the table.

Are these Uline tubes?
Those must be the 2" tubes...the 1 & 1/2 fits the 39mm chips tightly. When i run a tournament i get everyone seated and then they put their money and empty tubes in front of them for me to go around and pickup. EZ peasy.
1701302397783.png

Last edited:
Those must be the 2" tubes...the 1 & 1/2 fits the 39mm chips tightly. When i run a tournament i get everyone seated and then they put their money and empty tubes in front of them for me to go around and pickup. EZ peasy.View attachment 1232203
Good to know. It looks like he has some play in there which led me to believe they may fit 43mm chips. I'll have to look into the 2" tubes. Thanks.

Probably derailing the conversation here, but, starting stack racks > starting stack tubes. Of course, customized the specific stacks. 12/12/5/6 configuration for cards molds printing as we speak. Had some hiccups on the first pass, but made some updates and the next one starting now, ETA 13 hours.

1701391725987.png

1701391736328.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom