• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Mine St. Jo's 25's from ebay (1 Viewer)

uclaure

Flush
Reaction score
I picked this rack of $25's off of eBay from a seller in Seattle who I think has been discussed already. I received them and found that all of them had a crack going from the outer edge to almost the center of the chip. I contacted seller and he said he was not aware of the damage and said possibly shipping caused it. He apologized and issued a refund. Is this common with these chips?
image.jpg

As I understand, The St Jo chips were required to be hotstamped/canceled by the Missouri Gaming commission. Apparently whoever was in charge of the process didn't know WTF they were doing and damaged the majority of the chips.

Yes, hairline cracks were quite common among these chips. My guess is your seller was aware.

Edit: megaton types faster than I do.

Yep, all of the 25s are cracked.. note that this is not the case for all of the denoms of the set, though.

And people still use them like this? Does it affect their playability? The eBay seller let me keep them after issuing refund. Trying to figure out what to do with them.

You can send them to me if you don't want 'em ;)

edit: you should probably pay George something for them...

Is he a member here? I tried to bring up pcf in emails and he wasn't having it. I don't want to pay for damaged chips. I insisted on returning them, but it seems like he didn't want to deal with the return shipping. If somebody want to buy them, I'll gladly pass the money along to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom