Scam Paulsons on Ebay -- heads up! (1 Viewer)

eBay has taken down those listings. I appreciate the PSA. I've bought some chips off eBay (all good experiences) and will likely buy more in the future. I did not know about this particular scam and glad I do now.

I'm also glad no one has figured out yet that I own three accounts, my own, @davislane , and @ninjajim4 and I created this thread and the fake controversy in this thread (after putting up and taking down the questionable eBay listings) as part of my long game to scam everyone here on PCF. Now, can I interest anyone in a surefire way to make $20k? I just need someone to act as a cash middleman for a prince in Nairobi...

Just because someone brings attention to something doesnt automatically mean they are innocent. It could be part of the plan.
How do we know that you're not saying that so we think you think that we think that it's not a scam and we click on the link and it's a scam?

Point is, new guy warns us that it's a scam, and you attack him? Even if it was part of his plan, if you get warned that links are a scam and you click on them *and* go ahead with the transaction anyway, you need to look at yourself and ask, WTF am I doing?

Last edited:
Couldn't we be more worried about you since you only joined the forum like 2 weeks ago and now trying to save us from what you deem as fake listings? Is eBay buyer protection available? isnt that what its for?
IMG_4951.gif

I'll play.

The eBay lister has to be at one point a member of this forum right? It's not a coincidence that they choose some of the highly desired sets of this hobby right? I appreciate the PSA and everyone should practice safe sets whether on eBay, PCF, or any other marketplace.
I don't think so. The scam listings are not limited to poker chips or poker items. As others have pointed out, the same scammer will do it for watches, coins, comic books, etc. They probably just identify collectibles that list and sell for high amounts and utilize those for their scam postings. Once they take over someone's legit account and start posting the fake listings you can click on other items for sale by seller and see them listing all sorts of stuff across different areas of interest.

Last edited:
How do we know that you're not saying that so we think you think that we think that it's not a scam and we click on the link and it's a scam?
How do we know that you're saying that because he's not saying that so he thinks that you think that he doesn't think you think it's not a scam and we don't click on the link only to think we clicked on the scam link?

I know this forum isn't a big fan of chipping on eBay and here is one more datapoint. Just came across these Paulson sets all sold by the same seller, rodstan123. I just wanted to give everyone the heads up NOT to contact them via the auction description or otherwise even bid on these items. I just went through the seller's history and he has almost 42 THOUSAND positive reviews... all for stamps. Now, he's suddenly got all sorts of random rare, expensive stuff listed -- this is clearly a hacked account. Beware!

CDIs:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364709535637

WTHCs:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364709561227
https://www.ebay.com/itm/315131149840

Classics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/315131157575
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.

Point is, new guy warns us that it's a scam, and you attack him? Even if it was part of his plan, if you get wanted that links are a scam and you click on them *and* go ahead with the transaction an

How do we know that you're saying that because he's not saying that so he thinks that you think that he doesn't think you think it's not a scam and we don't click on the link only to think we clicked on the scam link?

1000017188.gif

This sums it up perfectly, and is much easier to understand:
On the surface someone may have clicked curiously wanting to know what the scam was. Then without the knowledge of what the scam is, decided for themselves that OP was wrong and it isnt a scam and then inadvertently gets scammed anyway.

Just because someone brings attention to something doesnt automatically mean they are innocent. It could be part of the plan. Ive seen and heard of too many scammers playing the long game especially once a level of trust has been established by a somewhat seemingly good deed.

well now that all of the details of how the scam works then yeah new guy gets a pass. ;)

prior to that it was just a person point out listings that were scams but without advising what the actual scam was.

On the surface someone may have clicked curiously wanting to know what the scam was. Then without the knowledge of what the scam is, decided for themselves that OP was wrong and it isnt a scam and then inadvertently gets scammed anyway.

Just because someone brings attention to something doesnt automatically mean they are innocent. It could be part of the plan. Ive seen and heard of too many scammers playing the long game especially once a level of trust has been established by a somewhat seemingly good deed.
shittiest apology I've ever seen... smh

I know this forum isn't a big fan of chipping on eBay and here is one more datapoint. Just came across these Paulson sets all sold by the same seller, rodstan123. I just wanted to give everyone the heads up NOT to contact them via the auction description or otherwise even bid on these items. I just went through the seller's history and he has almost 42 THOUSAND positive reviews... all for stamps. Now, he's suddenly got all sorts of random rare, expensive stuff listed -- this is clearly a hacked account. Beware!

CDIs:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364709535637

WTHCs:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364709561227
https://www.ebay.com/itm/315131149840

Classics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/315131157575
Welcome to the forum and thanks. Not all of us are assholes to new members.

Point is, new guy warns us that it's a scam, and you attack him? Even if it was part of his plan, if you get wanted that links are a scam and you click on them *and* go ahead with the transaction anyway, you need to look at yourself and ask, WTF am I doing?

So I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me.

Speaking of which, where the hell's @ekricket ?? He's usually tearing shit up early in the morning...:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:;)
On a poker cruise!!!

Earlier this week we had a break in a tournament, and I rode an elevator upstairs to get some air. A guy from my table went up too, and we started talking and he mentioned he was trying to help a friend with some poker chips. Turns out it’s @MrCastro127! Small world!

On a poker cruise!!!

Earlier this week we had a break in a tournament, and I rode an elevator upstairs to get some air. A guy from my table went up too, and we started talking and he mentioned he was trying to help a friend with some poker chips. Turns out it’s @MrCastro127! Small world!
Great story, but surprisingly void of pcf Internet drama.

Great story, but surprisingly void of pcf Internet drama.
Agreed. Unless there were cards thrown overboard or groin kicks involved, nobody here is gonna bother making a meme, amusing or not.

Some of us are assholes to old members too. ;)
^ I can confirm this as an accurate statement, and not a scam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom