Show us your card protector...Chip/Object/Lucky Trinket (4 Viewers)

If I had enough money to waste on a Porsche, I would just use the keys as my card protector. It would be an intimidation factor that screams "I don't care about money".
I still own a 911, but I 'm afraid using the key as card protector could signal "there goes clueless rich sucker, let's get his money". Again, that might be a good thing if you 're not really clueless at poker:D
At any rate, you attract attention - everybody at the table will be watching you. Not sure if for better or worse.

New and improved capper!!

EDB9AC1B-765D-498D-A447-A798A26B75A4[1].jpeg

As a European with reasonable access to excellent roads and autobahn speeds, the Porsche (or Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc), makes more sence. An American with a car with a very stiff ride that can never legally travel faster than 1/2 of what the car was made to do, displays a certain disregard for money.

As a European with reasonable access to excellent roads and autobahn speeds, the Porsche (or Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc), makes more sence. An American with a car with a very stiff ride that can never legally travel faster than 1/2 of what the car was made to do, displays a certain disregard for money.
Few autobahn-quality motorways (182mph enjoyed nevertheless), and only 2 racetracks here, on Europe's southern tip. All sorts of taxes are crippling and fuel is at least 2x US prices.
After the crisis here, you are viewed as a criminal in such a car, unless you put stickers on it stating the truth that you indeed bought it tax-free while working abroad as an expat:D
Still, in my case it's a folly and total disregard for money, to fulfill a dream of adolescence and treat severe mid-life crisis:)
Turning 50 now, I 'm afraid I 'll have to get rid of that lady (sucking away most of my money). Before 40 you 're the punk in the Porsche, after 50 you 're the f@ckin' old man in the Porsche.:LOL: :laugh:
But she gave me moments, especially on winding rural roads, I 'll never forget as long as I live.

Hi AK Chip,

What exactly does this character represent? Would it have been created from a carved shark tooth? I'm intrigued by this figure, since you changed your profile picture.

Thank you in advance for your answer,
It is called a Billiken. Considered a good luck charm. Mine is carved from ivory by an Alaskan Native. Pretty strange story behind the Billiken and how Alaskan Indians started carving them is a mystery to me. There are all kinds of them made out of a variety of materials.

Worth a google search imo.

Last edited:
Thank you for participating in my cultural enrichment. I will not fail to do a little research. My grandfather carved marmots and eagles, but with wood. Although he also made sculptures with elk woods.

I thought at first that it was a representation of these long-headed aliens, that there is in this film;)

coneheads-20110609032436.jpg

there is more people --- tell me if you wants
--EP
That is astounding. Absolutely in. I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say anything EP pulls out, I’m gonna say in.

(Nice to meet you btw, amazing things said. Relatively new chipper here in the last year, but I’ve revved up pretty quickly - Jeff)

I have a few I like using at present...

This one is my favorite right now...from @FDLmold . Thanks for this chip...I LOVE it!
IMG_20190921_192549.jpg

I also have this PCF 5 year celebration Elite chip. It was gifted to me by friend and fellow PCFer @grantc54
IMG_20191010_212525.jpg

I also like to use this recently acquired badass chip from the user @Swift618 . Thanks man! I love it. It also serves well as a "high roller" ornament to my used HS Cleveland set.
IMG_20191008_222800.jpg

Tried to think of something clever and came up with nothing. I really enjoy Chicago public transit lol
I lived there for a number of years. I think it may be one of the greatest public transit systems in the world. NY had us beat on pizza, but the El beats the NY Subway in every category. I wish Nashville would look into an "L"-style mass transit system here, while there is still time/space to implement it.

That said, I'm much happier living in a city where owning a car isn't borderline insanity, and I never have to deal with the smell of the Brown Line.

I agree, I've taken public transit in most US cities I've been to and Chicago is the most accessible.

I have no background in urban planning and never been to Nashville but i would imagine it'd be hard for any decently developed city to implement the above ground infrastructure. I'd like to see Elon musk and the boring company move forward with the underground tunnels tho!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom