Show us your card protector...Chip/Object/Lucky Trinket (1 Viewer)

I've been running these for several years now. If the one I chose for the night is under performing I just dive into the pits & switch it out. My personal favorite: Full Wets!!

20221013_185429.jpg

20220916_010823.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they never made the intermediates but if they did I missed out for sure!
Pre-2022 tyre options
1667361217076.png

orange colour also retired.

Since 2022 to simplify it for the fans apparnetly, the composition of Red, Yellow & White change for each race based on the characteristics of the track from a choice of 5 different compounds, C1-C5.

Three of the players in my group (including myself) are Marines, and while bouncing around the web looking for a suitable/unique card guard, I cam across a website that sells miniature, metal figurines of military personnel and other historical figures. They were a little pricey and they had to ship from Hong Kong, but I am a gambler by nature so I ordered 5 different Marines with the belief that I would give my two Marine Brothers their own on the upcoming Marine Corps birthday. They arrived today, and they are FANTASTIC. Could not be happier, and my Brothers are in for a treat.

Semper Fi.

View attachment 1016681
I have all sorts of respect for Marines. My roommate at the firehall is a former Marine. But even he says that your figurine is Robert Downey Jr from Tropic Thunder.
1667389921994.png

I have all sorts of respect for Marines. My roommate at the firehall is a former Marine. But even he says that your figurine is Robert Downey Jr from Tropic Thunder.
View attachment 1016847
Oddly enough, they produce figures modeled after a couple of the characters from Full Metal Jacket and I couldn’t help but order a couple of those as well. I am very impressed with the quality.

Posted this in another thread but will copy/paste here if that's ok :cautious:

GLSH2YB.jpg

45 rpm record adapter from WFMU

WFMU-FM is a listener-supported, non-commercial radio station broadcasting at 91.1 Mhz FM in Jersey City, NJ, right across the Hudson from lower Manhattan. It is currently the longest running freeform radio station in the United States.

WFMU’s programming ranges from flat-out uncategorizable strangeness to rock and roll, experimental music, 78 RPM Records, jazz, psychedelia, hip-hop, electronica, hand-cranked wax cylinders, punk rock, gospel, exotica, R&B, radio improvisation, cooking instructions, classic radio airchecks, found sound, dopey call-in shows, interviews with obscure radio personalities and notable science-world luminaries, spoken word collages, Andrew Lloyd Webber soundtracks in languages other than English as well as Country and western music.

All of the station’s programming is controlled by individual DJs and is not beholden to any type of station-wide playlist or rotation schedule. Experimentation, spontaneity and humor are among the station’s most frequently noted distinguishing traits. WFMU does not belong to any existing public radio network, and close to 100% of its programming originates at the station.

This is the one I've been using most recently (in tandem with my PCF coin):

Next to a poker sized playing card:
20231128_160401.jpg

20231128_160450.jpg

I bought a couple of clear acrylic discs (for the life of me I can't remember/find where I bought them) and a couple of emblems from AliExpress which came with double sided tape. I made 2 and gave away 1. This acrylic disc is 8cm in diameter and about 3.5mm in thickness.

I just ordered some more discs from DelviesPlastics on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/764646177 These go up to 1/4" thick but there are other vendors that offer thicker. I also ordered a few more emblems (variety of).

The kinda cool thing about these is that you can take any kind of flat-backed emblem (or decal or patch, but I think emblems work/look better) and attach it to a disc with dimensions specified by you that best fit a particular emblem. All sorts of emblems out there to choose from as well! Anyone know of an Isle of Man TT emblem for sale? I think I"m gonna message this seller and see if she can make a small one for me - https://www.etsy.com/listing/882600153 :D

This has been mine since about 2002. A buddy of mine fabricated the outer, but all the gears are from clocks, some of which predate the United States.

He’s the one who nicknamed me Johnny Gears, for which my old poker room was named.

I haven’t talked to him in years. Real douche.

IMG_5327.jpeg
IMG_5328.jpeg
IMG_5329.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom