Show us your card protector...Chip/Object/Lucky Trinket (2 Viewers)

Tanner Kaza

Two Pair
Reaction score
Maybe I may have overlooked this thread as there are thousands...but I don't recall seeing a thread of strictly card protectors/covers.

What are you using...a chip? an object? nothing?

I am superstitious in pretty much all aspects of life, do you change it up when you are on a downswing?

You wanna see my card protector?!?

CB40C33C-9DEC-415F-8937-71F19ABA2DCE.jpeg

I use the chip in my avatar - the 43mm Dunes Baccarat $20 as a card protector - naked, no air-tight. But I only use a card [protector if I'm in the 1 or the 10 seat, otherwise my chip stays in my pocket.
I played a tournament at Foxwoods a month ago and was saddened to see the 25's were the exact same color as my Dunes chip. Even though I was stuck in the 1 seat, I kept my chip in my pocket and just used a 25 chip. No need to cause confusion.

I have a whole slew that I have used, so there is no way this list could ever be comprehensive, but these are the ones that havent been filed away elsewhere...
Card protectors.jpg

Foam die, Mrs Poker Zombie bullet, Copag setup divider glued to a vodka bottle cap, Rubber brains, a rock from the Nevada desert, Zombie card capper, Fire Department challenge coin, tiny martini glass, chips I got from other chippers.

Last edited:
Here’s my war chest... (ok, it’s my nightstand drawer) card protectors, headphones, and I typically keep a couple BIs worth of cash in there too...

DE6983D9-6A75-4619-9208-8B0BCDD459E3.jpeg

My favorite card protector of all time is an inch-long level that a friend uses... so he can see when he is starting to tilt.

I have about a dozen Air Tites left, so these are mine at the moment.

842678E5-C5E2-4DD0-AB9E-64B7CD599D06.jpeg

Just don’t fucking touch them, alright?

(I kid, and lovingly at that, if it failed to come across on the page.)

These are all great. I might have to buy myself a miniature gold bar :)

I'll post a pic of mine later but had to share the most entertaining card protector I've ever seen.

I'm sitting at my local track playing $1/$2 and a mid 50s gentleman that was a hoot to have at the table sits down and sets a little dump truck down on his cards.

It was one of those you can set it against a hard surface like a table and wind it back and then it slowly drove forward. I commented on it and he shoots a wink wink and says "just wait til I win a big pot!".

30 minutes later and he doubles up. As he rakes in the pot he gives me a friendly nudge as to say watch this as his face lit up like a little boy at Christmas with his new toy.

He puts a chip into the back of the dump truck, winds it back and sends it to the dealer to tip her. The table busted into laughter and she thanked him, put the chip in her drop box and winds it back to send it back to the man.

He was by far one of my most favorite random neighbors at a public card room table.

Who was that crazy loud pro who would make a big deal about his little shark, at a few main events back in the ‘00’s?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom