Show us your card protector...Chip/Object/Lucky Trinket (1 Viewer)

I'll post a pic of mine later but had to share the most entertaining card protector I've ever seen.

I'm sitting at my local track playing $1/$2 and a mid 50s gentleman that was a hoot to have at the table sits down and sets a little dump truck down on his cards.

It was one of those you can set it against a hard surface like a table and wind it back and then it slowly drove forward. I commented on it and he shoots a wink wink and says "just wait til I win a big pot!".

30 minutes later and he doubles up. As he rakes in the pot he gives me a friendly nudge as to say watch this as his face lit up like a little boy at Christmas with his new toy.

He puts a chip into the back of the dump truck, winds it back and sends it to the dealer to tip her. The table busted into laughter and she thanked him, put the chip in her drop box and winds it back to send it back to the man.

He was by far one of my most favorite random neighbors at a public card room table.

This is by far the funniest thing I've read about today.

My small collection.

From left to right.

A Hoover Dam Memorial coin that was a gift from a friend when he went there on a vacation to Vegas.

A suicide king figure. On the opposite side is the same king but with a regular face and not a skull.

A solid metal high quality fidget spinner. I got it due to my personal transition from an online to live player. I find I get bored at times in a public card room versus a private game and decide to get cute and donk off my chips finding myself bluffing into the nuts. Surprisingly enough, it has helped me maintain patience and discipline and not get cute raising it 6x the blind with J7s from UTG. I just play with if when a wave of boredom feeling sets in.

My old PokerStars cover I got many many years ago with FPP's. It's seen better days.

And last but certainly not least is a solid block of 300 series steel CNC machined into an Ace of Spades. It's very heavy, will never rust nor tarnish and has quickly become my favorite of my small collection. Not pictured is a hand made leather case with flap to close it for storage provided as well with the purchase. Made from quality Amish leather from leather workers in Pennsylvania.

Attachments

• 0605181846b.jpg
    0605181846b.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
I've got a couple of chips I'd use as a card capper, but no "special objects" yet.

Chips are somewhat ordinary to the eye of a non-chip nut and also fairly unpersonal (unless I'd use some of my customs), so I was looking for something else to alternate. I am fully aware that my choice of card guard might tell observant opponents something about my general play style, but with awareness comes the power to (ab)use the image you get, so I don't see any issues here.

Neo-Funko-Pop-MATRIX-157-Vaulted-With-Pop.jpg

This little guy here is on his way to me now. I'm curious if he'll guard me from bullets as well :p

maxresdefault.jpg

Sadly paid more than I was really willing to drop for just a card guard, but there weren't any good alternatives. I wanted something Matrix-related and iconic enough to be recognizable by non-fans as well. Started out looking if I could find some glass figures resembling the red and blue pills, but nope. When I saw @Gunnar with his mini Jawa and remembered @k9dr's mini Jon Snow, I got the idea to look for Matrix themed Funkos.

Turns out they made four regular sized figures and one mini (which is absolutely hideous). And hooray, of those four, exactly Neo was already out of production (so I was damned to pay a collector off). Also seems like this normal size figurine (about 3.75" height) is borderline too big relative to chip stacks, but I simply couldn't resist, given the potential table laughter if I end up cracking someone else's aces.

I'll probably also pick up a much smaller Cthulhu figurine later.
But I had to have something Matrix related other than my custom chips to use as a card guard. I'm not even close as much a fan of Lovecraft as I am of Matrix.

Last edited:
Other guys at my game wil use some from the sample set from CPC.

Attachments

• B5007DC6-0729-47EB-9D71-B2BD5060052C.jpeg
    B5007DC6-0729-47EB-9D71-B2BD5060052C.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 195

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom