Show us your card protector...Chip/Object/Lucky Trinket (3 Viewers)

here's my Tangiers card protector. Had this for many years now and take it to all my live games. First time I took it I won the game - but lately I think it's good luck is wearing off, may need to buy a new one! :D
So the Tangiers chip has been retired. I've tracked down a full sample set of chips so going to clean them up and maybe frame then.

This did however leave a gap in the card protector side of my collection. Whilst building my RHC cash set over the summer I picked up a few nice chips to use as protectors. Some additional very nice surprise chips donated from the awesome @Thisfiendis138 - these are quite the line up now!
They've all been cleaned up and tucked safely into their new airtites.

8BA6EA97-C48C-459A-B680-69DD71D02B4F.jpeg

Here're few of the ones I use :

ACF €100 jeton

full

Petrified wood I bought at Painted Desert - Petrified Forest when driving the Route 66

full

Bugs Bunny Pog (souvenir from being a kid in the early-mid 90's)

full

Dunes Sultan's Jackpot Machine Token

full

I bought the whole set! Including a cool fringe spinner.

Attachments

• 20210930_203715.jpg
    20210930_203715.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210930_203559.jpg
    20210930_203559.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 122
I use the chip in my avatar - the 43mm Dunes Baccarat $20 as a card protector - naked, no air-tight. But I only use a card [protector if I'm in the 1 or the 10 seat, otherwise my chip stays in my pocket.
I played a tournament at Foxwoods a month ago and was saddened to see the 25's were the exact same color as my Dunes chip. Even though I was stuck in the 1 seat, I kept my chip in my pocket and just used a 25 chip. No need to cause confusion.
This is a fun old thread. I love that I still have the same chip for my avatar, 5 years later. I’ve come to protecting my cards pretty much all the time now. But I guess I’m kind of a no fun guy. It honestly doesn’t feel natural for me to have any kind of special chip or trinket at the table with me - kinda feels too much like a good luck charm to me? Anyway, these days I just grab 4-6 chips off the nearest stack and drop them on my cards, to protect them.

This is a fun old thread. I love that I still have the same chip for my avatar, 5 years later. I’ve come to protecting my cards pretty much all the time now. But I guess I’m kind of a no fun guy. It honestly doesn’t feel natural for me to have any kind of special chip or trinket at the table with me - kinda feels too much like a good luck charm to me? Anyway, these days I just grab 4-6 chips off the nearest stack and drop them on my cards, to protect them.
I think you're fun. But I also think sitting in a quiet room in fun..... Sooooo...

Tried a chip mascot for the first time, 2 sessions ago - he only lasted for about 45 minutes or so (was down about 1/2 my original buy in of $200) and then I sent him "back down" into my backpack. Seemed to be the right move, I came back after that.

20221002_192505.jpg

Tried a card protector for the first time last night (Sigung Bruce Lee coin on the left) . Ran pretty good so I'm attributing my good luck to a combination of that protector and the Houston Astros Nolan Ryan pullover jersey I was wearing (I'm probably jinxing it now but the jersey has been good for 2 sessions so far)... :D

20221002_192428.jpg

376809d3e1dc43769ef32e0d220e484d.jpg

I got this from the very first tournament I ever won.
2FF018F0-49A7-4927-899A-8EC3C56EFEB9.jpeg

I lived in Vegas for about three months from late 2007-early 2008, and got this off of Santa Fe Station in North LV. I’ve used it as a card protector since then, and it’s given me pretty good luck ever since.

Three of the players in my group (including myself) are Marines, and while bouncing around the web looking for a suitable/unique card guard, I cam across a website that sells miniature, metal figurines of military personnel and other historical figures. They were a little pricey and they had to ship from Hong Kong, but I am a gambler by nature so I ordered 5 different Marines with the belief that I would give my two Marine Brothers their own on the upcoming Marine Corps birthday. They arrived today, and they are FANTASTIC. Could not be happier, and my Brothers are in for a treat.

Semper Fi.

tempImagehibL95.jpg

Three of the players in my group (including myself) are Marines, and while bouncing around the web looking for a suitable/unique card guard, I cam across a website that sells miniature, metal figurines of military personnel and other historical figures. They were a little pricey and they had to ship from Hong Kong, but I am a gambler by nature so I ordered 5 different Marines with the belief that I would give my two Marine Brothers their own on the upcoming Marine Corps birthday. They arrived today, and they are FANTASTIC. Could not be happier, and my Brothers are in for a treat.

Semper Fi.

View attachment 1016681
Semper fi jarhead. 1979-1986 1st Maintenance BN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom