Shipping 6000 chips? (2 Viewers)

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
In the US . . . should I just go with as many LFRBs as it takes or is there some cheaper and/or easier option for such a large batch? Speed isn't important in this case.

I would be careful using the LFRB. Sometimes they get real heavy and then they end up on the bottom of all of the piles of boxes when piled up in the warehouse and truck. This leads to split seams and edges. Good luck

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/poker-chip-shipping-tips-and-tricks.7614/post-492031

IMG_20180908_111308.jpg

Why not ship it LTL? 7 LFRB will cost $120+ and take a lot of time to pack properly. Put them on a skid and they won’t get tossed around.

Why not ship it LTL? 7 LFRB will cost $120+ and take a lot of time to pack properly. Put them on a skid and they won’t get tossed around.
How do I go about doing this? Is there an obvious carrier to go with?

That's a good idea too. Crate it and screw it down to a pallet.

You can try a site like FreightQuote.com. there are a few others. You'll need the Dims , weight, and NMFC number for poker chips to get an accurate quote online. If you call, they can help with the freight class stuff.

If you don’t have access to a loading dock you will need to take the chips to the freight company itself.

And whoever is receiving them if they don’t have a loading dock will need to pick them up at the local terminal. Curbside delivery is more expensive.

Call around and get freight rates is the best way.

Or contact a freight broker to put it out for bid. Much like the show shipping wars. That is pretty much how the business works.

Last edited:
I think to simplify things for the shipper (i.e., it isn't me) I'm going to do tube-filled LFRBs:

IMG_3380.JPG

That's

60 chips/tube
12 tubes/box

so 9 boxes = $171 shipping. Well worth it for these chips and to get them in the air ASAP with minimal hassle on the other end.

Still . . . will look into freight options.

I think to simplify things for the shipper (i.e., it isn't me) I'm going to do tube-filled LFRBs:

View attachment 198650

That's

60 chips/tube
12 tubes/box

so 9 boxes = $171 shipping. Well worth it for these chips and to get them in the air ASAP with minimal hassle on the other end.

Still . . . will look into freight options.

Are they near me? I could pick them up and ship them to you. I've done it before with some rare mint Dunes $1.

They are not, but thanks!

Online LTL quote is minimum $250. Maybe I'm doing it wrong . . .

We ship stuff all the time, our minimum price is about $68

Edit:

If you are anywhere near @T_Chan you may want to check with him if he can help you out as he does a decent amount of shipping.

He is, but has to cross a border. That complicates things a lot.

$250 might be a minimum for certain companies, but it's certainly not for all companies.

@navels i can’t believe you found 6000 Tropicana’s.

I assume that’s what we are talking about here. Crazy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom