Do most People actually play with their Paulson chips or just collect them? (1 Viewer)

Yes.
20231228_021433.gif

20231116_201526.jpg

20230416_141205.gif

Last edited:
I want to get some Paulson chips new such as a secondary un-played set but am conflicted on if I should play with them or just hold them in awe lol.
I get it. I want to buy myself a new Porsche 911 Turbo S, but not to actually drive. I just want to park it in my garage and stare at it from time to time...

EDIT: Put the damn chips in play.

For me, it depends on who is playing in my game. I have some guys that can’t tie their own shoes, let alone remember not to splash the pot. That’s when I break out my cheaper chips.
Haha, the same for me.

I always used the cheaper set like Ceramic for occasion whenever I know a lot of kids is around

I will pretty much only play with Paulsons TRK or BCC, ASM/CPC. Anything else and I might not come back to your game. I’m that much of a chip snob
Imagine missing out on a game full of fish because they are playing cards mold chips! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Our community is awesome! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I suspect a question like this gets a disproportionate amount of actual host/players responding. I think the mint collectors/hoarders/investors are often shamed into silence here.
There are way too many near mint sets bought and sold here. I think there’s a huge chunk of PCFers who have no intention of ever felting their chips (or certain chips) and/or who have no opportunity to felt their chips.
(I haven’t felted every chip I’ve ever owned, but I’ve never bought a chip without the intention of felting it. Except occasional singles. Which are weird.)

I don't think I have played any games with the chips I currently own, not intentionally I just can't get a game going.
I understand! I bought chips for 4 years before I bought a table. I occasionally brought them to a friend’s game. But yeah, it isn’t easy to get a game going.

I suspect a question like this gets a disproportionate amount of actual host/players responding. I think the mint collectors/hoarders/investors are often shamed into silence here.
There are way too many near mint sets bought and sold here. I think there’s a huge chunk of PCFers who have no intention of ever felting their chips (or certain chips) and/or who have no opportunity to felt their chips.
(I haven’t felted every chip I’ve ever owned, but I’ve never bought a chip without the intention of felting it. Except occasional singles. Which are weird.)
I wonder how much of the resold mint sets is people who just don’t get a chance to host. I know some people buy just cause they enjoy collecting and look for opportunities to get sets in play.

Hell, I just bought a set, never put it into play and sold it back to the original buyer in like 3-4 months. Just been a crazy time for me. I’m pretty sure that’s not uncommon.

I wonder how much of the resold mint sets is people who just don’t get a chance to host. I know some people buy just cause they enjoy collecting and look for opportunities to get sets in play.

Hell, I just bought a set, never put it into play and sold it back to the original buyer in like 3-4 months. Just been a crazy time for me. I’m pretty sure that’s not uncommon.
How many people own that limit set but still haven’t hosted a limit game? How many people splurge for that 5-table tournament set just in case they decide to host a meat up?

Having a set of chips and not playing them, and buying a sports car and not driving it, is like having a hot girlfriend and not banging her so you can save her for the next guy.
Everyone buys chips or sports cars for their pleasure, with their money so in the end they can do with them what they want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom