Chips from Bay 101 - who makes them? (3 Viewers)

ngmcs8203

Flush
Reaction score
On the chip guide the manufacturer is listed as ‘house mold’. Does anyone know who makes them or what they’re made of? I’ve never played there but I was curious. They look like some Bud Jones that people have posted but I’m still new and am just making a guess.

Probably BJ or Matsui. Not clay and not shuffle-able. Imagine a whole card room without the clacking sound of chips shuffling.

Sticky like wax. Dull clunky unsatisfying thud when you bang them together. Weight is ok.
Oh lame. I was watching some youtubers play there and the games looked... soft. Then the chips looked cool and they reminded me of the Matsui designs I see around here. Might update my edge spots on one of my bay area custom sets to mirror that look.

The chips look nice.

1694538749714.jpeg

1694538764096.jpeg

2/3/5 isn’t soft at all. Almost all grinders when I go midday on a weekday.

Deep stack 5/5/10 was tough. Some fish (usually me).

The uncapped game is wild. Probably plays like HCL. 50k is a reasonable bankroll for one session. You have to know the right people to even get a seat.

m8trix is better imo, but not by much. 1/2/3 plays pretty passive. if you table select well for 2/3/5, can be a good time with a lot of gamblers. look out for the older hispanic dudes and asians in suits/dress shirts; theyre usually fun to play with. Asians in regular clothes are almost always the nit grinders imo. absolutely avoid the europeans.

i havent played in SJ rooms in a while. the chips at m8trix are gross and rake is too damn high

Last edited:
I guess selective hand choices made it seem like it was. Is 2/3/5 the lowest they spread? What about the game at M8trix?

2/3/5 is the lowest Bay101 spreads.

M8trix usually has 1-2 tables of 1/2/3 and 2 tables of 2/3/5 by weekday lunchtime. I used to play there once a month ish on a day off.

1694539817553.jpeg

Haven’t played there since March. Several members here play at these places. @Godzilla28 @PyroTeck

m8trix is better imo, but not by much. 1/2/3 plays pretty passive. if you table select well for 2/3/5, can be a good time with a lot of gamblers. look out for the older hispanic dudes and asians in suits/dress shirts. Asians in regular clothes are almost always the nit grinders imo. absolutely avoid the europeans.

i havent played in SJ rooms in a while. the chips at m8trix are gross and rake is too damn high
The South Bay Asian mafia members had to go somewhere, I suppose, after Garden City closed. I've heard stories about them targeting shills in hands for tens of thousands of dollars.

I used to play at Garden City. All the same people are at Bay101 now. Pretty sure all the crooks became real estate agents and made millions for free over the last decade.

I used to play at Garden City. All the same people are at Bay101 now. Pretty sure all the crooks became real estate agents and made millions for free over the last decade.
Did you frequent the soak and poke too? I miss Harry's Hofbrau. Used to be a weekly walk from work to get lunch and beer there. Especially when they would participate in the SF Beer Week festivities.

Did you frequent the soak and poke too? I miss Harry's Hofbrau. Used to be a weekly walk from work to get lunch and beer there. Especially when they would participate in the SF Beer Week festivities.

I live next to a Harry’s Hofbrau…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom