Ceramic chips: Do any of them stand on edge? (4 Viewers)

My circa 2020 Anita's card mold customs stand on end, carefully.
20230803_100715.jpg

My Tina textured no-molds

34xpqIn.png

(edit: the misaligned edge on the 100 was the only one out of 900+ chips and is now in the "on-my-desk" set)

Last edited:
As @allforcharity pointed out, the whole “stand on edge” is just the metric we use to grade clay chips, and how rounded the edges have become.
As far as ceramic chips, why do we really need them to stand on edge? :unsure:
If the other guy has one big chip (in my game, that’s usually a $20 but sometimes a $100) and I win it in a big pot, I like to stand it on its edge atop a barrel of $5s, like a victory flag.

That's major doings for the new BR Pro printer, it's funny to find out in a thread like this.

If they move to having this as their sole printer then there are some big changes coming to people who want add ons to their sets, or even to their primary lines like Tikis, etc.

If the other guy has one big chip (in my game, that’s usually a $20 but sometimes a $100) and I win it in a big pot, I like to stand it on its edge atop a barrel of $5s, like a victory flag.

So what do you do if they're bike tires, bring a chip easel?

That's major doings for the new BR Pro printer, it's funny to find out in a thread like this.

If they move to having this as their sole printer then there are some big changes coming to people who want add ons to their sets, or even to their primary lines like Tikis, etc.
At least atm they have both.

So what do you do if they're bike tires, bring a chip easel?
Oh boy. Chip snob alert. I can’t remember the last time I played with bike tires. Now that I think about it, all the local PCFers I’ve played with have really nice chips.
But you bring up a good point. I should probably travel with a chip easel, just in case.

Oh boy. Chip snob alert. I can’t remember the last time I played with bike tires. Now that I think about it, all the local PCFers I’ve played with have really nice chips.
But you bring up a good point. I should probably travel with a chip easel, just in case.

3D print a vertical chip holder with a stable base and an actual victory flag off the top. Why pretend when you can realize?

20230905_175039.jpg

A few lying close by with the obligatory dice chip in the middle... haha

Some of these might be standing up due to irregularities in the wood surface - I don't have my speed cloth and table topper out right now but I think it might be a little more challenging to get them to stand up on that...

View attachment 1191207

A few lying close by with the obligatory dice chip in the middle... haha

Some of these might be standing up due to irregularities in the wood surface - I don't have my speed cloth and table topper out right now but I think it might be a little more challenging to get them to stand up on that...
I just tried again on a mousepad. It's way harder on a soft surface compared to plastic or wood or metal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom