Bud Jones S2 vs Gemaco Chips (2 Viewers)

ChippinUp

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
In my continued search to replace my beloved Bud Jones S2 Jack Niemanns chips I have began to collect some Tropicana Evansville Gemaco chips. I have about 300 secondary’s waiting at my US address and should get my hands on them for the first time in a week or so.

Being a relatively new chipper I started with a set from Br Pro which I really like. I then purchased a rack of Paulsons in an attempt to slowly build a custom relabelled set but with the costs involved and my need for near mint chips I don’t see it being completed this year.

Soooo I turned my attention to replacing my bud Jones S2 chips which I loved and regret selling, I realize there are a lot of mixed feeling on plastics but I’ve always loved them and use them for a travelling set if I’m going to a friends. Truthfully I would also use them in my game rotation also.

Long winded story but again as a new chipper I thought the Gemaco Trop Evans would be a good replacement for the BJ S2 chips I’ve been trying to replace as they are much easier to find, As I continue to research I am starting to realize these Gemaco may not have the same soft feel that I always liked about my Jack Niemanns.

Does anyone have similar sets in their possession that could provide any comparisons between the two manufacturers/models?

I realize there are a lot of mixed feeling on plastics but I’ve always loved them and use them for a travelling set if I’m going to a friends. Truthfully I would also use them in my game rotation also.
I think it’s really more binary than mixed. There are the people who understand that high end plastics are awesome, and then the people who simply don’t understand... :sneaky:

I’ve read here that Gemaco has produced different feeling chips, softer vs. harder material. IIRC the Trops are the latter kind, but I have never handled any myself. You might still like them though. Weight also matters, not sure if the Niemanns had metal slugs..?

In my continued search to replace my beloved Bud Jones S2 Jack Niemanns chips I have began to collect some Tropicana Evansville Gemaco chips. I have about 300 secondary’s waiting at my US address and should get my hands on them for the first time in a week or so.

Being a relatively new chipper I started with a set from Br Pro which I really like. I then purchased a rack of Paulsons in an attempt to slowly build a custom relabelled set but with the costs involved and my need for near mint chips I don’t see it being completed this year.

Soooo I turned my attention to replacing my bud Jones S2 chips which I loved and regret selling, I realize there are a lot of mixed feeling on plastics but I’ve always loved them and use them for a travelling set if I’m going to a friends. Truthfully I would also use them in my game rotation also.

Long winded story but again as a new chipper I thought the Gemaco Trop Evans would be a good replacement for the BJ S2 chips I’ve been trying to replace as they are much easier to find, As I continue to research I am starting to realize these Gemaco may not have the same soft feel that I always liked about my Jack Niemanns.

Does anyone have similar sets in their possession that could provide any comparisons between the two manufacturers/models?
The Gemaco chips are fine, but I much prefer the BJ S2s. They are my favorite of any plastic. To me, the S2 and Gemaco don’t feel a lot alike, but I’m sure there are plenty that prefer the Gemaco to S2.

The Gemaco chips are fine, but I much prefer the BJ S2s. They are my favorite of any plastic. To me, the S2 and Gemaco don’t feel a lot alike, but I’m sure there are plenty that prefer the Gemaco to S2.
This was my fear. I really like the BJ S2. Biggest mistake I probably made was breaking the cardinal rule. I did not get samples…….:.

S2 all day. @Potsie1 has a small stakes unweighted S2 set for sale, the Big Easys.
I saw that but I don’t think the qty/denoms will work.

I’m looking for around 800-900 chips. 200 1’s and 500 $5’s, 100 $25’s and maybe a barrel of $100’s etc

I’ve read here that Gemaco has produced different feeling chips, softer vs. harder material. IIRC the Trops are the latter kind
I can confirmed that is true as I had handle both Trops & Opus chips

BJ S2 felt quite different from both version of Gemaco for me. In reality most different Plastic brand / lines are quite unique and felt very different from each another

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom