Do most People actually play with their Paulson chips or just collect them? (1 Viewer)

I have to admit if I was lucky enough to have a set of Deadwoods I probably would play them VERY rarely. Once in a blue moon.
There's actually a bit of a story behind them that influences my decision to not play them.

Some of the chips were damaged in shipping when I bought them in "2015." Why is the date important? Because below is who the refund check was made out from after discussing the damaged chips with a very nice gentleman who I bought them from....in 2015.

FB_IMG_1443563910620.jpg

From TRKing.com
Screenshot_20240223_154656_Chrome.jpg

….. It's like having a 1967 427 big block corvette in the garage with a 500HP supercharged mustang as your daily driver.
If you have a 427 corvette…. And dont drive it….

I hope you stub your pinky toes daily, and live to 100……. With stubbed ass pinky toes, bleeding all over the place.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

As for chips, I play some single chips with only a few known to exist. Because they’re chips. Play them bitches and live life!!!

You’ll die soon.

So send it.

Here I am my friend...LOL!!

All my friends know I don't felt the Deadwoods, and most of my Rounders; and that I am a collector diva with those chips. I posted as a joke thinking I was going to get all laugh emoji responses, but it appears @detroitdad , @Lil Tuna , @Eazy , @Ben8257 , @JRald07, @FordPickup92 , and my other peeps are still napping. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So my advice to you @Kage is why settle?? Buy a ton of shit and keep part minty fresh. It's like having a 1967 427 big block corvette in the garage with a 500HP supercharged mustang as your daily driver. You'll still enjoy the adrenaline from putting awesome chips in play regularly, while oggling those beautiful untouched ladies when you're drunk on the weekend!! :)

Good luck on your journey @Kage !!

Sorry, busy. In Dallas working.

If you have a 427 corvette…. And dont drive it….

I hope you stub your pinky toes daily, and live to 100……. With stubbed ass pinky toes, bleeding all over the place.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

As for chips, I play some single chips with only a few known to exist. Because they’re chips. Play them bitches and live life!!!

You’ll die soon.

So send it.
OUCH...so that was you that jinxed my toe you bastard...LOL!!

Driven sparingly...we'll call it near mint..and this was one of 2 times it wasn't driven by me. :)

I think most people here do actually play with their chips. I think the “problem” (not actually a problem) is that some of us have more chip sets than games in a year, and so our sets get very little play. Thus when sellers sell their “near mint” chips people think they were intentionally not felting them but that’s not at all the case.

Case in point, I let go of my ES cash set recently. I played that set as often as I could during the 6 months I owned it. The problem was that was exactly 3 games.

Now for people who buys sets with the intention of keeping them in the closet?

IMG_6419.gif

Who are you saving them for? Best time to tell the story is while your playing them.
Nobody. I just happen to have a crap ton of other chips to put in play, so a few sitting on the shelf are okay. Best of both worlds! ;)

Plus...all my peeps have heard the story at least once....okay...maybe 100 times. I'm that drunk dude that starts every story with, "I don't know if I ever told you..." And you should hear the collective, "OH F#CK!!" when a new player asks why we never play with the Deadwoods. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think most people here do actually play with their chips. I think the “problem” (not actually a problem) is that some of us have more chip sets than games in a year, and so our sets get very little play. Thus when sellers sell their “near mint” chips people think they were intentionally not felting them but that’s not at all the case.

Case in point, I let go of my ES cash set recently. I played that set as often as I could during the 6 months I owned it. The problem was that was exactly 3 games.

Now for people who buys sets with the intention of keeping them in the closet?

View attachment 1279896

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom