RSVP bonus (2 Viewers)

Yeah that's how I'm operating now. I'm fine with it, but apparently it's super difficult to reply with a simple yes or no. As shown by my last game a small incentive really helps this out lol

I totally get it. We've all become overwhelmed by emails/texts/VMs/calls/chats/WhatsApps/FBmessengers/Whatevers/Etc... so much so that we're all now tuning out notifications, or intentionally silencing them. Phones now seem to be more of an annoyance than an assistance. And as a result attention spans on phones are getting shorter and shorter, and it's tough getting in touch with people AND getting them to respond.

I used to use AnyVite. It was the best damn invite site ever made. Simple. Stupid. Basic. I could see who viewed the invites, and pester those who hadn't. RSVPs were obvious and instant. But they shut down in February last year and I've had to completely revamp how I invited players. A few local hosts seem to be on board with BAND, and that's been helping to push it out to our various sub-crews.

We have a large group of players here in Denver, so it's not hard filling seats. But when I was first starting out I had no problem being stern in texts/emails... "hey guys, please respond or we don't play. I just can't get everything setup for 3 RSVPs." It's really as simple as that.

I totally get it. We've all become overwhelmed by emails/texts/VMs/calls/chats/WhatsApps/FBmessengers/Whatevers/Etc... so much so that we're all now tuning out notifications, or intentionally silencing them. Phones now seem to be more of an annoyance than an assistance. And as a result attention spans on phones are getting shorter and shorter, and it's tough getting in touch with people AND getting them to respond.

I used to use AnyVite. It was the best damn invite site ever made. Simple. Stupid. Basic. I could see who viewed the invites, and pester those who hadn't. RSVPs were obvious and instant. But they shut down in February last year and I've had to completely revamp how I invited players. A few local hosts seem to be on board with BAND, and that's been helping to push it out to our various sub-crews.

We have a large group of players here in Denver, so it's not hard filling seats. But when I was first starting out I had no problem being stern in texts/emails... "hey guys, please respond or we don't play. I just can't get everything setup for 3 RSVPs." It's really as simple as that.
Simple enough. And again, it's really not a massive issue with cancellations all the time or anything like that. This is really for my own sanity :LOL: :laugh:

I'll probably try a combo of suggestions so far. Really appreciated guys

Triple board is
Holdem only. Dealers choice is where games go to die around here :meh:

Triple board holdem is where games go to thrive :wow::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

3BA126F5-D93E-4617-BA61-13A90993AE90.jpeg

To tell the truth I never had this problem. On Friday evening everybody knew where to be.. But one table was cool, problems appeared when one evening 3 full tables showed up.

1000000% agreed lol
We like one, but two is a good safeguard against the no fun fanny that just sits on it that happens from time to time.

as for the RSVP bonus I dunno. Like the show em chip or something similar. What about like a run it twice token or something where they could toss it in and unilaterally decide to run it twice. No
Idea if that a good idea or even good for a game. Just thinking out loud.

We did a $2.00 bomb pot every 30-min at my last game... that was quite a bit of fun. Playing 8-handed, that's already $16 in the middle.
We played the button game last weekend and it was fun. Dealer places a BB on the button each round and the stack grows as it goes around the table. Only the person in the small blind can win the bonus by winning the hand. Could be adapted to UTG or any position really but SB worked well

We played the button game last weekend and it was fun. Dealer places a BB on the button each round and the stack grows as it goes around the table. Only the person in the small blind can win the bonus by winning the hand. Could be adapted to UTG or any position really but SB worked well
That's cool, I hadn't heard of that one. Gonna have to try it out. :tup:

That's cool, I hadn't heard of that one. Gonna have to try it out. :tup:
Actually a lot of fun. Also gives players who don’t necessarily take down many big pots a chance to add a little extra to their stack.

Not to derail the thread, but how does a bomb pot work?

Everyone puts in an agreed-upon amount. In our .25/.50 game we agreed on $2.00.

Once the chips are in the middle the dealer goes straight to the flop... no pre-flop action whatseover. Everything is normal after that... action starts left of the button/dealer.

EDIT: Once the drinks were flowing, we switched to double-board bomb pots. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::eek::wtf:

I didn’t have time to read the entire thread yet, so some of this may be covered already.

How are you inviting people? For a small poker network I’d recommend individual text/email invites. Not a group text or email.

I say this because if nobody replies right away everyone else is going to want to wait to see who is or isn’t playing.

Start sending out the invites like this:

Cash game Friday night, 25/50c Hold’em, 2 seats left let me know if you want one ASAP, game is filling up fast.

Now when they each get that they are thinking the game already has enough people to happen for sure and that they need to reply quickly to make sure they get one of the last seats left!

My games fill up much faster this way. I sent out texts for this Friday’s game at 11pm last night to my VIP list then the rest of the players this morning with a similar text as above and by 10am the game was full.

Is the actual BB placed on the button or is it an amount taken from the pot equal to the BB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom