Best "Don't h-juice my cards and chips" Home Game Foods? (1 Viewer)

Venturalvn

Full House
Reaction score
I think one of the primary reasons hot dogs are so universal at our (PCF's) games since the discovery of hot dog rollers being available outside of commercial industry is because they satisfy many requirements:

1. Always hot/"fresh"
  2. Salty/meaty/fulfilling
  3. Easy to stock and maintain in bulk
  4. Very little mess/crumb left on the prep surface/serving zone
  5. Easy to eat while playing cards
  6. Hot dog bun keeps players' hands mostly clean
I struggle to think of something more appropriate to keep on hand that doesn't cover people's hands in grease/oil, doesn't require freshness for 10+ hours, doesn't cause a mess, etc., but really I would love to offer more to my players.

When I host I stock individual bags of chips and cookies as well as hot dogs, and we usually order pizza. However, when I do the pizza order I prefer to have everyone take a break at the same time, eat away from the table, smoke, etc., and this way I limit how much hooker juice ends up on my cards and chips. Still, even though I only host once every 1-2 months, every couple of games there's a noticeable decline in the handling of the cards (regardless of brand, just talking human oils), and every 1-2 years I need to clean portions of my chipsets (need is subjective.)

So I ask - what do y'all keep on hand that satisfies the criteria? BONUS POINTS if you have something that satisfies vegetarian
  1. Easy to buy/stock/maintain
  2. "Fresh" if it sits out for the entire game
  3. Easy to eat while playing cards (no balancing a full plate with knife and fork on your knee awkwardly)
  4. Doesn't bring hooker juice to the chips and cards

1714164974454.png

Image courtesy of ChipGuide

Best advise for this is to get a dog. All my players know the dog will happily clean their hands after they eat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom