Rounders on the Scroll Molds Update (3 Viewers)

Recieved my 39mm chips today. They look great...thanks, David.

Rounders1.jpg
Rounders2.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a lot of dust I see in the scroll part of that mold?

I'd say so just looking at them. My FDL mold chips had the same.

Interesting. Didn't notice dust in the details of my CS set. Glad I got a sample set of these but I just don't love-love the scroll mode. Great colors/spots on these, though.

Paulson/Chipco racks are 66.7mm. The scroll mold chips are likely to require 67.7mm racks, similar to most CPC/ASM chip molds. A few are occasionally thicker and require 68mm or 69mm racks.

EDIT: temporary brain-fart caused me to omit the decimals from the numbers above, since corrected.

Last edited:
The majority of CPC chips don't quite fit in 66.7 racks and need 67.7.

A-molds and I think one other (don't remember which one) ARE slightly thinner and fit best in 66.7 racks.

Since this is the first modern run on the scroll mold, best to wait and test these chips themselves in various racks to see how they fit.

A-molds and I think one other (don't remember which one) ARE slightly thinner and fit best in 66.7 racks.

not sure if we are distinguishing among ASM/Portland, ASM/Vegas and CPC, but my ASM/Portland HHR, hourglass, H-mold and no-molds all fit into chipco racks. a few of the HHR barrels were a bit tight, but not so much that they concerned me.

Since this is the first modern run on the scroll mold, best to wait and test these chips themselves in various racks to see how they fit.

this is definitely the best advice, though. there seems to be plenty enough variance among and within the molds that i wouldn't be confident in a rack choice until i had the chips in hand.

I have all of my A-Mold's in 66.7mm racks. New chips are a tighter 20, but after a game or two they have worn down enough that they are a perfect fit.

Oh dear god.

I can't wait.

Mike

Not sure if you're saying this as excitement to get the chips or the excitement of separating/packing/shipping all the sample/small sets that were ordered. I just want to let you know that you DO NOT have to rush to get mine done. I appreciate the effort you've already undertaken and don't want to add any stress to your life.

So corrected they fit my 67.7 racks perfectly.

That's weird. I had mentioned to David when placing my add-on that the chips I had made by ASM-Vegas fit perfectly in Chipco (66.7 mm) racks, and I wasn't sure if they had made them too thin. He said that was exactly how A-molds were supposed to be, and the new chips made by CPC also fit perfectly.

At the ATL meetup breich and I both had A-mold sets out at the same time, and at some point were both trying to track down all of our racks. He had larger racks (67.7 I assume?) and it wasn't difficult at all to tell if any chips were mis-racked - his racks were quite loose.

Not sure if you're saying this as excitement to get the chips or the excitement of separating/packing/shipping all the sample/small sets that were ordered. I just want to let you know that you DO NOT have to rush to get mine done. I appreciate the effort you've already undertaken and don't want to add any stress to your life.
Oh, it was definitely excitement to get them.

But I won't be sending anything out quickly. I don't plan on sending out partial sample sets, and the 44mm chips have not yet entered production, so I'll be waiting on those to send everything out together.

Also, I haven't gotten any shipping notices yet, so I have no idea when I may see these in person. But just knowing that there are some out there already has me giddy.

Mike

That's weird. I had mentioned to David when placing my add-on that the chips I had made by ASM-Vegas fit perfectly in Chipco (66.7 mm) racks, and I wasn't sure if they had made them too thin. He said that was exactly how A-molds were supposed to be, and the new chips made by CPC also fit perfectly.

At the ATL meetup breich and I both had A-mold sets out at the same time, and at some point were both trying to track down all of our racks. He had larger racks (67.7 I assume?) and it wasn't difficult at all to tell if any chips were mis-racked - his racks were quite loose.
Took a video so you can see the play I have in the 67.7 racks. Reds are barely used (less than 5 times) whereas the blues have been used a few times a month for several years. You can see that there is quite a bit more wiggle in the blues, but not enough that I can get them in a 66.7 rack.

Got my shipping notice today!

1,000+ cash chips on the way.

I have some of the CPS racks from the group buy from chip talk. Hope they fit...I'll keep this thread updated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom