Rounders on the Scroll Molds Update (2 Viewers)

I have not asked to change my order...but if I did, I wouldn't expect it to cause so much drama. As far as I'm concerned, this is terrible whiny customer service full of excuses.

Dave

f9f0MJLvtU1eE.gif

Here we go...

I have not asked to change my order...but if I did, I wouldn't expect it to cause so much drama. As far as I'm concerned, this is terrible whiny customer service full of excuses.

Dave

IMO this is just ignorant.

David has shown me the greatest customer service experience I've ever had. Seriously. He goes way above and beyond.

did you lose your virginity to your mother in an outhouse after getting blasted on campari, ginger ale and soda? just a shot in the dark.
Lol...I do enjoy your sense of humor...unfortunately, alcohol may be influencing my posts and perhaps I should not be responding. But....

I've just got to say that all I've seen from David is excuses. December 19 he changed the schedule. Then late January it was weather issues, and now folks changing their orders??? I guess I must be ignorant thinking that weather and folks changing an order are normal phenomena.

I made a mistake and responded to the New Years chip offer late and recieved a rude response from David...if he's running a business, not a good way to attract customers...especially after I just sent him $1,700 for rounders chips.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea what the process is for making these things? And do you really think life on planet Hoth was easy this winter?

He is providing good customer service by being honest and transparent about the schedule. The history of CPC/ASM has taught us that these things can and do set back the schedule. I think you are looking for a custom hand made product at mass production availability. It's not ever gonna happen for small batch custom clay chips.

Do you have any idea what the process is for making these things? And do you really think life on planet Hoth was easy this winter?

He is providing good customer service by being honest and transparent about the schedule. The history of CPC/ASM has taught us that these things can and do set back the schedule. I think you are looking for a custom hand made product at mass production availability. It's not ever gonna happen for small batch custom clay chips.

I clearly dont belong in this forum....I don't understand...sorry.

I am sure there will be another round in the future to accommodate those that were too late, or couldn't afford it in time, or want to add to theirs.

That would be excellent <taps fingertips together>

I really believe you don't understand. These things are made in a hugely labor intensive process by actual people. They don't just squirt them out of a machine.

A brief update........

The last of the FDL orders were shipped last week. We have a few DISQ and HHR to complete and then the hopefully now serviceable scroll mold will be installed. That should be in around 3 weeks.
We have around 12,000 chips to produce on the 39mm. To ensure consistency we will probably make all the $1's at once, all the $5's etc., so most orders will not be complete until the end of the production cycle. As there will be A mold orders progressing alongside the scroll, I expect it to take around 8 weeks or so to finish these if no hiccups. The 39mm will have to be completed before the 44mm are looked at as they will require 2 presses (for blanks and finished chips). Anyone who has orders including both sizes will be given the option of receiving the 39mm chips first if they can't wait. I will contact the individuals concerned nearer the time. Obviously with all the presses likely to be in use now until around end June/early July, it won't be possible to produce any orders on other molds until after that time.
If it helps anyone plan, the likely next molds to be back into production at that time are the CSQ and FDL again, for which there are already orders in line.
We appreciate everyone's patience. Most of you realise we simply can't produce anything faster than we have been so far.

Lol...I do enjoy your sense of humor...unfortunately, alcohol may be influencing my posts and perhaps I should not be responding. But....

I've just got to say that all I've seen from David is excuses. December 19 he changed the schedule. Then late January it was weather issues, and now folks changing their orders??? I guess I must be ignorant thinking that weather and folks changing an order are normal phenomena.

I made a mistake and responded to the New Years chip offer late and recieved a rude response from David...if he's running a business, not a good way to attract customers...especially after I just sent him $1,700 for rounders chips.

Lol, you should have tried to deal with Red Ott.

David has been great to work with. You used to have to deal with the devil.

Here is my exact response to you copied and pasted from my email...
"Bradley
At the moment this is only open to people who missed out on the xmas
chip

David"

Exactly what part of that was rude? AND, we mailed you the chip anyway!!!!!!

I changed the schedule on December 19. You contacted me to place an order on January 3, so I'm not sure how that change affected you?
And because I allowed that order, along with many others that missed the cut-off date, as I was still doing for the FDL orders, production was already going to slip considerably.
Please remember this project, due to the immense cost of preparing the scroll molds for their first ever use by us, was done in a 'group buy' format, production of which is determined by when the last person confirms their order and pays etc. etc. That means that unless people want to pay $5 a chip for the scroll mold, the schedule has to be flexible and at our convenience, just like every other group buy has ever been handled before.
If you were unhappy with anything, then you could have contacted me privately at any time for an update, as many users here regularly do. If you want to cancel your Rounders order, I will refund your money.
I'm sorry I couldn't predict that the worst weather since records began would hit the factory this year, and seeing as this business is more of a hobby for us, making little or no profit, we don't have a spare $30k to own our own snowplough. The factory and workers are in a remote location over which we have little choice due to the amount of space needed and the requirement for natural gas.
Btw, I get paid ZERO to run this 'business'. Sorry if you thought otherwise.

alright, y'all need to stop poking the bear..... i like happy, friendly bears. :)

I clearly dont belong in this forum....I don't understand...sorry.

There's a great set of custom cartoon mafia candy chips on kickstarter that might be more your speed. Your $1,700 might be better served over there.

Last edited:
Especially Bears that will be on this chip!

hope all goes and can't wait to get my order of 1,050 in hand!

Thanks for the update David. Wow 12k chips, looking forward not only to getting my own set but seeing all the upcoming chip pron over the summer.

Thanks for the update David. Wow 12k chips, looking forward not only to getting my own set but seeing all the upcoming chip pron over the summer.

I should add that is 12,000 x 39mm Rounders.
There are a further couple of thousand custom 39mm and then 2,500 x 44mm
So with a similar number of A mold orders proceeding alongside (obviously we have to work on 2 molds at once or some employees would be standing waiting for something to do) we hope to churn out 40,000 pieces in 12-16 weeks. Perhaps that puts into perspective that while the handmade process is relatively slow, the factory is certainly not slack :)

I should add that is 12,000 x 39mm Rounders.
There are a further couple of thousand custom 39mm and then 2,500 x 44mm
So with a similar number of A mold orders proceeding alongside (obviously we have to work on 2 molds at once or some employees would be standing waiting for something to do) we hope to churn out 40,000 pieces in 12-16 weeks. Perhaps that puts into perspective that while the handmade process is relatively slow, the factory is certainly not slack :)

Not too bad considering we needed "only" 7,750 chips to get this off the ground.

I for one am glad to here business is good, even if that means I have to wait a little longer.

I'm psyched that the scroll mold made it into rotation. I only bought a shuffle stack of each size as samples, but am evaluating the scroll mold for my 5-6000 chip mega custom set

Hey David, still know that we are a few weeks out but I am curious to see if the scroll mold is serviceable and installed? Has production begun?

I can tell you that production on the scroll mold will start VERY soon, as I placed my order for 1/4 pies on the scroll mold this weekend and caught it just as they were preparing to spin it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom