Ring game table cap of 4 rolled out on all Pokerstars sites (1 Viewer)

"As of today, August 20, players on PokerStars (.be, .bg, .com, .desh, .dk, .ee, .eu, .uk, .ro, .cz, .se, .fr, .es, .pt, .it) will be limited to playing four regular cash game tables at any one time, at all stakes."

...but not .net?

"As of today, August 20, players on PokerStars (.be, .bg, .com, .desh, .dk, .ee, .eu, .uk, .ro, .cz, .se, .fr, .es, .pt, .it) will be limited to playing four regular cash game tables at any one time, at all stakes."

...but not .net?

"Pokerstars.net is a company website offering only free play games. The pokerstars.net domain is used primarily in their TV advertisements since there are no real money games available at this website. This avoids any legal issues or censorship of using their pokerstars.com domain which allows real money games. "

It only restricts cash tables.

It is understandable the measure I have seen players playing nano limits and playing more than 8 tables, that produces rejection in the new players who start playing cents to learn and do not want if they change tables to find the same nano grinder.

I'm in the US in a state that can't play online for clarity. I'm torn by these decisions PStars has been making lately. I find this one more palatable than the All In Cash Out. But as a player that wants to make money, these changes all obviously suck.

But without the huge cash cow of the US, I guess this is what things have come to.

It only restricts cash tables.

So you mean to tell me the 6m in play chips I've accumulated over months of grinding have no cash value?!

I find this one more palatable than the All In Cash Out.

FTR, I use the All In Cash Out at 6+ Hold'em when I'm less than a 80% or 90% favorite against multiple players... Someone is gonna suck out. Otherwise, it can be profitable. Get it good, cash out, don't worry about variance. If there are enough players in the hand, 30% equity still cashes out as a profit!

So you mean to tell me the 6m in play chips I've accumulated over months of grinding have no cash value?!
They only have cash value to PokerStars, who sells them for real cash. But after being sold, they have no cash value. PokerStars even rakes play money games, to try to get players to run out of play chips and then buy more. It's a great racket if you can pull off the sales swindle.

4 concurrent table cap has been on 888 for a long time already, and the east euro/third world grinder problem is still very noticeable there.
P* was pretty much unplayable whenever I was trying to find tables in the micros there. The only seats you could get is on tables where a fish just went broke and quit. All other seats filled by 24/7 grinder Russians, Ukrainians, Romanians and the likes already. Start a new table, same thing within a split second.
888 has a lot less tables at any time of day though, so on P*, while certainly also losing a bunch of tables, this limit should have a bigger impact.

Guess they noticed that they have to cater to the west euro rec players more if they want to keep their business rolling. Grinders don't feed fresh money into the ecosystem on a rolling basis after all. Having only grinders sitting at the tables where the money pretty much goes merry go round all day is only profitable short term. As soon as the rake has eaten up the money, they're gone. The smarter ones notice the trend faster, leave even earlier and cash out.

A step in the right direction I think. Should probably check out the tables again now.

More tables = more rake, whether it's Russian grinders filling the seats, or Euro recs...

Perhaps good for the game, but less take short term, for sure. And if there are other options, why would a Euro rec come back to P*? (Legit question.)

Yeah more rake short term for sure but once they've drained deposits with it there won't be any more if the player base is all grinders (advantage players) and zero recs (money taps)

P* still have the very best Poker client by far. Clear, customizable, super stable. The 888 client is absolutely horrid. Keeps freezing/crashing all the time, barely customizable shortcuts, filters etc, UI looks like it was designed 20 yrs ago.

Edit: I forgot about all those fucking annoying popup ads for random shit I would never consider playing on 888, plus timeout warning (forceful logout). And they're implemented in a way that they knock you out of a fullscreen application when they trigger... like games, for example. Can't keep the client/lobby open at all if you want to play games, unless you fancy enraging and throwing your computer out of the window in anger. The P* client used to be very tame... only very rarely stealing focus from other applications. Basically only when someone managed to get to The Deal's jackpot prize wheel. But it looks like they were forced to implement this retarded 30 minute timeout force logout as well recently. :(

Last edited:
That's kinda how I see it... Short term loss for long term health of the game... But I haven't been able to play real money on P* since forever...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom