I got hired as Director of Player Growth & Retention by Georgetown Poker (2 Viewers)

Can you adjust the seat charge based on the number of players?

So if there are 5 players you charge $11, 6 players $10, 5 players $9...etc.

We can adjust seat charges by game type. So you could have a 4/8 omaha hi-lo game with a different rate than a 1/2 nl

Have you considered a VIP pass where you pay a higher monthly membership fee, but don't pay seat charge? Maybe even cut the queue when there's a waiting list.
To qualify, you need x amount of hours in a month. Similar to frequent flyer / loyalty programs. That would encourage players to frequent the place while also ensuring the games are running. First playing lots to qualify, then to profit from it as a VIP. Kinda like shills but with their own bankroll.

There would of course have to be a limited number of VIP memberships available and you would probably have to gift the first couple of months to the current regs to get it going. Then others will pick up on them not paying seat charge and want to get in on it as well. Maybe make the players show the VIP card when seat charge is collected to make sure everyone sees it.

VIPs that don't meet the required monthly hours would be relegated and has to work themselves up to qualify again. Be open about the program so it doesn't seem unattainable for the semi-regs. "Hey Joe! 11 more hours this month and you qualify for the VIP-pass!". Eventually you might even get a waiting list on the VIP pass and at that point you'll be all
pimp-pimpin.gif

I think what you are doing is great and outside the box.

I’ll follow the page and comment.

Try to get local businesses to go in for a charity one table tournament.

$250 entry to rep your business with a payout going to a charity!

Have you considered a VIP pass where you pay a higher monthly membership fee, but don't pay seat charge? Maybe even cut the queue when there's a waiting list.
To qualify, you need x amount of hours in a month. Similar to frequent flyer / loyalty programs. That would encourage players to frequent the place while also ensuring the games are running. First playing lots to qualify, then to profit from it as a VIP. Kinda like shills but with their own bankroll.

There would of course have to be a limited number of VIP memberships available and you would probably have to gift the first couple of months to the current regs to get it going. Then others will pick up on them not paying seat charge and want to get in on it as well. Maybe make the players show the VIP card when seat charge is collected to make sure everyone sees it.

VIPs that don't meet the required monthly hours would be relegated and has to work themselves up to qualify again. Be open about the program so it doesn't seem unattainable for the semi-regs. "Hey Joe! 11 more hours this month and you qualify for the VIP-pass!". Eventually you might even get a waiting list on the VIP pass and at that point you'll be all
pimp-pimpin.gif

We have a $99/month VIP membership. No time charges on Mondays plus 5 bonus hours for any other session

I think what you are doing is great and outside the box.

I’ll follow the page and comment.

Try to get local businesses to go in for a charity one table tournament.

$250 entry to rep your business with a payout going to a charity!

We are hosting a dual charity tournament this Saturday supporting Kiwanis and American Legion

We have a $99/month VIP membership. No time charges on Mondays plus 5 bonus hours for any other session
Do you have many regs (or players in general) who buys this? Maybe you need to sweeten the pot a bit to get critical mass on slow days? I.e. no time charge on known slow days. I don't know the economy of the club, and you don't want to lose income on the busy-day-regs on the actual busy days, but it seems like you need some incentive on the slow days. "Free money" might not be within your budget but if they're already losing money on those days, why not?

Do you have many regs (or players in general) who buys this? Maybe you need to sweeten the pot a bit to get critical mass on slow days? I.e. no time charge on known slow days. I don't know the economy of the club, and you don't want to lose income on the busy-day-regs on the actual busy days, but it seems like you need some incentive on the slow days. "Free money" might not be within your budget but if they're already losing money on those days, why not?

I'm not sure the total # of people who pay for it, but Mondays typically sees a full table of 1/2 NLH plus our 10/20 mix game going and I believe the majority are people who are purchasing the monthly VIP membership.

The worst day seems to be Tuesday, occasionally a cash game will pop off, but more often it doesn't.

I'm all for "giving away the house" in some regards. What does it matter if we give away some free memberships and free time, especially to drum up slower days? Get people coming in on a regular basis, get them used to the routine, have other people checking Poker Atlas and seeing games running, NOW you can build critical mass.

The problem is clearing the hurdle of the "where is our $10 room access fee? We have expenses!" mentality

My thoughts was, if you could discount by number of players, you might encourage people to bring a friend to save them money.
I just don’t see that happening though

A friend who would put $300 on a poker table will do so regardless of a $2/hr discount

I feel like you just got to draw a crowd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom