Tourney Google Forms signup/attendance for games (1 Viewer)

Grimalkin

Pair
Reaction score
Hey all thought I’d share a very easy and simple way to tally responses for a poker game (can be used for tourney and cash games).

Google forms, while not totally optimal, does make a very easy streamlined process to tally responses.

Here’s some screenshots of my “signup page” which is easily shared via a Google forms short link. And the “responses page” which can be viewed by everyone.

One section for event description, then the forms which players enter their names for if they are coming or not.

The event section includes a link to the “attendance total” which you can get a link for once you submit your name on the form (I simply copied that link, and inserted it into the event description).

I tried many ways to tally the yes and no and maybe responses properly and the only way that works (tying a persons name to an answer) is to make players enter their names for each yes, no, or maybe. With this method their names get categorized under each group.

IMG_1887.jpeg

IMG_1888.png

IMG_1886.jpeg

All in all a super easy way to accomplish the tally, as the form gives you a single link you pass out to your group. Users are able to “edit” their responses but requires them to save the link to do so after submitting the form which none are likely to do. Only downside is users changing their answer imo, but I run a smaller group so not a total issue for me. Players would text me if they cancel.

After your event is over, you can delete all the responses, edit your event details, and the link stays the same for the next game.

Last edited:
I love that, Google forms helped me a lot of event planing when I was a student. Also love how you delete responses too

Respondents don’t need Google account either which is convenient

I use Google Forms as well. I also made it so you can view a spreadsheet that shows who has signed up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom