Tourney WSOPc Main Event #7 Toronto (1 Viewer)

ChippinUp

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone planning to play in the WSOPc events in Toronto at the end of the month? I’m planning to register for the Main Event #7. I’ve heard a lot of bad things in terms of event coordination and formats. First time they have been local for me so I’m planing to play regardless.

Just curious if anyone is registered or considering it?

Structure looks good. The $250 admin fee from $2000 is rough but not sure if that's standard. Rake at the cash games looks brutal, 10% up to $20 at all stakes.

https://cdn.greatcanadian.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/WSOPC-Event-7.pdf

You win a seat or buying in directly?
Sorry didn’t see your reply.

Agree the $250 is steep. I’ve heard a lot talk that they weren’t prepared and changed all tourneys to rebuy which I really don’t like for the main at 2K. I didn’t win a seat and was planning to cough up the 2K

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Turningstone in NY also. Might be better overall

Structure looks good. The $250 admin fee from $2000 is rough but not sure if that's standard. Rake at the cash games looks brutal, 10% up to $20 at all stakes.

https://cdn.greatcanadian.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/WSOPC-Event-7.pdf

You win a seat or buying in directly?
14% for an admin fee is actually pretty good for live, some tournaments go much higher. Cash game $20 max rake is absolutely nutsy though. The drop will crush these games, except maybe for 10-20 NL and up, there will be no winners.

To my surprise, the tourney entry fees are even steeper at Playground. Great amenities but... ouch. Their $600 deepstack WSOP-C event is $510 prize pool + $90 fees.

To my surprise, the tourney entry fees are even steeper at Playground. Great amenities but... ouch. Their $600 deepstack WSOP-C event is $510 prize pool + $90 fees.
I’ve only been there once years ago but they do have a top notch set up. I didn’t know they had a deep stack coming up. Will have to check that out.

Anyone playing the WSOP Toronto?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom