• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine RHC Chips stolen - please keep an eye (1 Viewer)

Yet here we are.

Any of the three items I mentioned would likely have prevented the box breach or subsequent loss of contents. All three together most certainly would have.

Live and learn; apply next time. Especially the single-internal-brick-with-addressee part -- it is both safer for the contents (zero movement) and makes it extremely difficult for part of a shipment to get lost/separated and become untrackable.

Is there a shipping best practices thread anywhere?

I think there should be one pinned at the top of classified, group buy forums, and poker chip general.

I think what you've mentioned should be standard practice.

As well, using the noted methodologies, the limits of what fits in each size of flat rate box should be included.

Any other relevant info should also be included. I. E. weight limits on flat rate boxes to international destinations.

I think there should be one pinned at the top of classified, group buy forums, and poker chip general.

As well, using the noted methodologies, the limits of what fits in each size of flat rate box should be included.

Any other relevant info should also be included. I. E. weight limits on flat rate boxes to international destinations.
Yes, there is. In poker chip general.

The thread, pinned near the top of the Poker Chip General forum, is titled "Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks", and is filled with pages of helpful advice, guidelines, and reference material for safely and cheaply shipping poker chips.

Double-boxing is really the way to go for anything MFRB or larger. It is so easy to do and makes the package super durable. I shipped most of the Ysabel chips double-boxed and once you get the hang of it it adds very little time to the process. My one mistake was trying to fit too many chips + racks into an MFRB to save (the buyer) a few bucks. Ended up with a few broken racks.

I don't know if and how boxes provided by the ELTA (Hellenic Post) can be "doubled"; these are different from the USPS standard boxes.
The contents were fully wrapped and tightly kept together; they even enjoyed a floor and a ceiling of case foam.

Proably the morale of the story is to avoid USPS (by avoiding any corresponding national post service) and use the more expensive courrier services.:(

I don't know if and how boxes provided by the ELTA (Hellenic Post) can be "doubled"; these are different from the USPS standard boxes.
The contents were fully wrapped and tightly kept together; they even enjoyed a floor and a ceiling of case foam.

Proably the morale of the story is to avoid USPS (by avoiding any corresponding national post service) and use the more expensive courrier services.:(
Any box can be doubled, or at the very least, reinforced in the corners where damage is most likely to occur.

Fully-wrapped and tightly kept together by foam doe not equate to zero movement if the package is mishandled. But by securing the contents as a single wrapped brick package, you guarantee that the contents within will not become separated no matter what happens. Adding addressee information to that brick ensures that the destination is still known, even if the brick is completely separated from the outer box (or if the shipping info on the box is rendered unreadable).

Blaming USPS is a cheap excuse. I've had many more issues of damage and mishandling by UPS and FedEx than by USPS. And in all cases of missing or damaged contents I've received, it would not have occurred had the packaging been properly addressed by the shipper.

Any box can be doubled, or at the very least, reinforced in the corners where damage is most likely to occur.

Blaming USPS is a cheap excuse. I've had many more issues of damage and mishandling by UPS and FedEx than by USPS. And in all cases of missing or damaged contents I've received, it would not have occurred had the packaging been properly addressed by the shipper.
I think it's a sender's duty, in good faith, to armour a package against careless handling and I 've always done that.
In this case the handling has been obvioulsy malicious; not careless.
Any forum member who has received packages from me can be asked.

Additional advice against malicious handling is welcome, provided it doesn't contain unfair, cheap comments and doesn't shift the thread's focus.
This tread is about spotting the missing / stolen chips.

I think it's a sender's duty, in good faith, to armour a package against careless handling and I 've always done that.
In this case the handling has been obvioulsy malicious; not careless.
Any forum member who has received packages from me can be asked.

Additional advice against malicious handling is welcome, provided it doesn't contain unfair, cheap comments and doesn't shift the thread's focus.
This tread is about spotting the missing / stolen chips.
It's not necessary malicious handling; shit can happen -- and does -- once a package is out of the seller's hands.

I don't understand your pushback against improving packaging practices. Extra time, tape, and cardboard is relatively cheap. Chips are not, and often irreplaceable.

It's not necessary malicious handling; shit can happen -- and does -- once a package is out of the seller's hands.

I don't understand your pushback against improving packaging practices. Extra time, tape, and cardboard is relatively cheap. Chips are not, and often irreplaceable.
My guess is it’s mostly pushback about how you’re saying it not what your saying. A “sorry that happened, try doing ... to prevent it happening again in the future” would get a different response.

Look, this is obviously malicious handling; and honestly, I 'm not sure there is any packaging method to guard against a person who WANTS to open and/or destroy a package.
That said, I 'm not at all against advice on improving packaging practices.

The issue is that you offer advice in Dutch Uncle mode, in a condescending and demeaning manner, questioning the OP's good faith and best efforts with phrases like "cheap excuse", "totally avoidable" etc.
A Dutch Uncle's inner motive, which he can't help, is to demean and intimidate his nephews, however correct his advice may be.
I 'd kindly ask you to spot your next thread to go play Dutch Uncle in.

Look, this is obviously malicious handling; and honestly, I 'm not sure there is any packaging method to guard against a person who WANTS to open and/or destroy a package.

The issue is that you offer advice in Dutch Uncle mode, in a condescending and demeaning manner, questioning the OP's good faith and best efforts with phrases like "cheap excuse", "totally avoidable" etc.
A Dutch Uncle's inner motive, which he can't help, is to demean and intimidate his nephews, however correct his advice may be.
I've never heard the term Dutch Uncle I love it and 100% using it from now on :LOL: :laugh:

Call it whatever you like, but blaming USPS (when you have no clue where or how the damage ocurred) is a cheap excuse, and by following the package tips I referenced (which are also posted elsewhere on this site) the damage could have been avoided.

Sorry this happened to you, but better packing next time could help avoid a repeat performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom