Missing Chips - AS Snappers and $5s (1 Viewer)

UnicornFlash

Flush
Reaction score
For those that might have seen a few of my posts recently around my mailing issues, I have finally resigned myself that the two boxes that are missing might not be delivered. They are two MFRBs that were being shipped domestically and there has been no update in three weeks. I still hold out hope that USPS will find the two boxes, but I have to be realistic at this point.

I don't know why they haven't been delivered since I have done just about everything that I can do with the post office to try to track them down with no luck, but one possibility unfortunately is theft. I am posting this in the hope that some of you can keep an eye out for any suspicious eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and other listings with AS snappers and/or AS $5s in them. Between the two boxes, there were 4 racks of each. I am tagging @kaimat, @ReallyGoodUsername, @navels, @RichMahogany since they seem to be good at tracking down sales and hoards of chips through eBay, Craigslist, and various means. If it helps, I suspect if the chips were stolen, then it would have been in the Eugene, Oregon area. If you come across any listings that you think could be my chips, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Sorry this happened. Really sucks. I’ll keep an eye out. AS chips almost never pop out of here so it should be easy to find if they were stolen and the thieves attempt to resell.

Ugh, will definitely keep an eye out. I assume you formally initiated a lost package trace? The two times I did this recently, the packages showed up at their destination a few days later.
Yeah. I put in a service authorization request about two weeks ago. I spoke with the post office where the chips were being sent on more than one occasion (who were genuinely awesome by the way and went above and beyond to help me the little that they could from their end). I spoke with my local post office where I dropped off the packages in person twice to ask them to look at their post office and also reach out to the local distribution center where one of the packages had its last scan to see if it was just missed or was in a bin with packages that had missing or damaged labels. A few days ago, I submitted a missing mail search request online with the tracking numbers, a description of the contents of the packages, and photos of the chips. I would be ecstatic to have the same happen with my packages that happened with your packages.

I'll keep my eyes out for them. Like others have said, AS chips can't really be sold secretly, so if someone sees them they'll recognize them as a PCF-specific chip.

I'll tag @Potsie1 as Eugene is his in neck of the woods a little.

This happened when I shipped chips to @detroitdad. Should have been 3 days but I think it was 3 weeks. No explanation was ever given. Good luck here, Mike. They still might show, but damn that is frustrating.

Ugh, will definitely keep an eye out. I assume you formally initiated a lost package trace? The two times I did this recently, the packages showed up at their destination a few days later.
This happened when I shipped chips to @detroitdad. Should have been 3 days but I think it was 3 weeks. No explanation was ever given. Good luck here, Mike. They still might show, but damn that is frustrating.
3.5 weeks, but who's counting
Thanks, all. This gives me a little more hope.

2 months from Guam to Indiana for one of my packages. Said "in transit" for at least six weeks on the tracking. Corona has hit the post office pretty hard. I would be more hopeful than 0% in your shoes, but definitely not 100% either.
Yeah. A further frustration is that I dropped off two other MFRBs at the same time going to the same place that were delivered with no issue in three days. But I understand once they are in the USPS network that there is no guarantee that they stay together.

Almost forgot. Potsie sent me a Lakeshore sample set. After a month it was still "in transit", so he was a stand up guy and sent me another. About two weeks after the second sample set arrived, the first one showed up out of nowhere. I sent it back of course. Mail is just weird the past 4-5 months.

Out of 80 Santa Ysabel packages only one was delayed more than a few days. It took a month to make it but it finally showed up about a week after I called USPS.
The mail is definitely adversely affected. This package, among others as well, stands out.
Screenshot_20200826-203618.jpg

If it helps, I had a valuable package from Nashville to Niagara Falls that virtually fell off the map for months with a 4 day standard.
Hang in there. The odds are in your favour. SOMETHING has to go right in 2020.

now Ive got two padded envelope tracked 1st class letters almost two weeks ago a day apart from the same person, no scan ever

A regular stamped envelope going on 3 weeks nowhere to be found

One box got here from CA somehow in 5 days, another one from midwest hasnt had an update in over 2 weeks going on 3 so yah.
At one time it was 4 or 5 weeks to get here when the flights just suddenly shut down and mail wasnt moving
USPS had to actually charter flights to get mail here it was so backed up in hawaii and nothing was going in or out and in one day
they had like 3 weeks of mail. It took them like 3 days to deliver mondays mail

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom