Stolen Chips! Please keep an eye out. (2 Viewers)

Bill_Man618

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is in the Tallahassee area near FSU campus please keep an eye out on FaceBook and Craigslist for a set of 600 HSI cash chips in the following breakdown:
100 x .25's Red Rock $1 relabel
200 x 1's HSI used primary
200 x 5's HSI used primary
80 x 25's HSI used primary
20 x 100's HSI used primary

Also a set of HSI WSOP Tourney Chips (Ceramic) in the T10k breakdown from Jim's sale. These chips were stolen from my car this morning and were stored in Nanuk (Peilcan like cases) cases so they might list them in those.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
I can replace them partially with insurance which is what's likely going to end up happening and thats fine. They also stole a pair of Raybans and a pair of sunglasses I was gifted by my mom which mean a lot more than the chips. Nice way to start off a new semester ehh…

Sorry to hear your stuff got stolen and I hope you can recover it. For anyone else reading this, a lot of these crimes are opportunistic, so try to avoid leaving items in vehicles that can easily be seen especially anything of value. Out of sight out of mind.
I think it was someone who lives in the complex and knew I had valuables in my car. I had forgotten to lock my door last night, but had left the chips in there for 2 nights prior. It's a large complex and in a college town so I doubt think anyone drives around looking for unlocked cars since most college kids don't keep anything valuable in their cars. I'm of the opinion that who ever stole it had previously looked in the car and seen the chips and thought they were guns and then saw that I didn't lock the door and snagged them. Just seems to perfect for my car to be the only one hit when there are other cars that have other commonly stolen items like stereos, sunglasses, etc. It's on me for leaving the car unlocked just sucks I had to learn the lesson this way. I'm gonna ensure the whole collection through so that I'll get full value back if stuff gets stolen. I'm only getting $500 to replace all the stolen goods this time though.

I think it was someone who lives in the complex and knew I had valuables in my car. I had forgotten to lock my door last night, but had left the chips in there for 2 nights prior. It's a large complex and in a college town so I doubt think anyone drives around looking for unlocked cars since most college kids don't keep anything valuable in their cars. I'm of the opinion that who ever stole it had previously looked in the car and seen the chips and thought they were guns and then saw that I didn't lock the door and snagged them. Just seems to perfect for my car to be the only one hit when there are other cars that have other commonly stolen items like stereos, sunglasses, etc. It's on me for leaving the car unlocked just sucks I had to learn the lesson this way. I'm gonna ensure the whole collection through so that I'll get full value back if stuff gets stolen. I'm only getting $500 to replace all the stolen goods this time though.
Thats kind of my point. Not to blame you but the sight of the case is what created the temptation. If it was left in the boot/trunk they most likely wouldnt have paid any attention.

A typical thief may not know how to move these beyond a pawn shop. If they are reported stolen, the chips are distinctive enough that I think there is a fair chance you may get them back.
I called all the pawn shops I could find on google in the area close by and gave them all a very specific description of the items and my phone number so if it turns up at one they'll tell me. But, I agree most thief's aren't gonna know where to sell them other than a Pawn Shop or a local marketplace like FB Marketplace or Craigslist.

But, I agree most thief's aren't gonna know where to sell them other than a Pawn Shop or a local marketplace like FB Marketplace or Craigslist
Right now you have your college student thief planning a road trip to Southern Indiana to cash them in! He's gonna be rich!

Joking aside - good luck and hopefully you see these return to you.

Sorry for your loss. I know you know not to leave them in the now, but another reason to not leave them in the car in the future (even in the trunk) is the heat will warp them. Maybe the case helps some, but that is my #1 reason for not leaving them in a car.
T

Sorry for your loss. I know you know not to leave them in the now, but another reason to not leave them in the car in the future (even in the trunk) is the heat will warp them. Maybe the case helps some, but that is my #1 reason for not leaving them in a car.
T
Yeah I know the heat warps them and I had been meaning to take them in. I just left them there because I had just come back to college and was gonna leave them with my friend who hosts and they’re bulky. I’m very cautious about leaving them in the car and the one time I leave them like this they got stolen. Maybe the thief thinks they’re live though which would be so funny. I’d pay to see the loser that stole them drive to Elizabeth only to realize the chips aren’t live.

I called all the pawn shops I could find on google in the area close by and gave them all a very specific description of the items and my phone number so if it turns up at one they'll tell me. But, I agree most thief's aren't gonna know where to sell them other than a Pawn Shop or a local marketplace like FB Marketplace or Craigslist.
Or keep them…unfortunately

@navels we need you to modify your search scripts!
60blv7.jpeg

I actually haven't been hunting lately, but I will now. Sucks!

If anyone is in the Tallahassee area near FSU campus please keep an eye out on FaceBook and Craigslist for a set of 600 HSI cash chips in the following breakdown:

Also a set of HSI WSOP Tourney Chips (Ceramic) in the T10k breakdown from Jim's sale. These chips were stolen from my car this morning and were stored in Nanuk (Peilcan like cases) cases so they might list them in those.

Any help is appreciated!
Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this, karma will come around for them. Would he surprised if whoever stole these sold these for any value, most people wouldn’t pay much for poker chips. Likely they thought the pelican case had a camera or other electronics inside.

Any help is appreciated!
I think I found the thief I pm'ed you the link

Last edited:
I just hope those that have seen it leave it alone, for the sake of a fellow chipper please don't contact this person! Definitely the chips and I highly suggest @Bill_Man618 goes to the authorities rather than trying to contact the seller... call the police this morning!! Hope this all works out and they come back home!

I just hope those that have seen it leave it alone, for the sake of a fellow chipper please don't contact this person!
Yup, let not post any of the information at the moment

I highly suggest @Bill_Man618 goes to the authorities rather than trying to contact the seller... call the police this morning!! Hope this all works out and they come back home!
I seconded that too, let the authorities handle on the matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom