Stolen Chips! Please keep an eye out. (1 Viewer)

Just to clarify were those mint Hsi 5s or used? Because if mint it will be hard for anyone to unload them here without it being suspicious. Not that we can do anything at this point but maybe we could guilt trip them into selling to the op at something close to their cost.

Just to clarify were those mint Hsi 5s or used? Because if mint it will be hard for anyone to unload them here without it being suspicious. Not that we can do anything at this point but maybe we could guilt trip them into selling to the op at something close to their cost.
It was actually a HSI ceramic tourney set I believe.

I sure hope someone on here didnt buy them I wish I was wealthy I would have bought them and just gave them back to you bro such a shitty situation like I said I had my stuff stolen before long time ago but I was able to get it all back just sucks there are shitty people out there Karma will get these POSs

I sure hope someone on here didnt buy them I wish I was wealthy I would have bought them and just gave them back to you bro such a shitty situation like I said I had my stuff stolen before long time ago but I was able to get it all back just sucks there are shitty people out there Karma will get these POSs
Yeah it will all come around for him one day. I hope I get it all back sans the tournament set. I was going to replace it anyway since the breakdown was bad so it sucks it sold, but not the end of the world. If someone on here bought them though I’d be pissed. That’s gonna score you a permanent spot on my shit list unless you did what you said and give them back lol. The only thing I’d ever swallow my pride and buy is the sunglasses I got from my mom. Other than that I’ll either get it legally or not get it at all. I refuse to let him take me for more than he already has unless the item is irreplaceable. Ironically the ONLY item that I haven’t found on eBay is those sunglasses.

Yeah it will all come around for him one day. I hope I get it all back sans the tournament set. I was going to replace it anyway since the breakdown was bad so it sucks it sold, but not the end of the world. If someone on here bought them though I’d be pissed. That’s gonna score you a permanent spot on my shit list unless you did what you said and give them back lol. The only thing I’d ever swallow my pride and buy is the sunglasses I got from my mom. Other than that I’ll either get it legally or not get it at all. I refuse to let him take me for more than he already has unless the item is irreplaceable. Ironically the ONLY item that I haven’t found on eBay is those sunglasses.
At least in one of those sunglasses pics you can see his ring and tattoo

Plus the Jordans say best offer accepted and were re-listed. I’m not convinced they sold the chips.
The cash set was sold and will be returned to me by the buyer. I think that he shill bids his own auctions so it’s likely the tournament set will come back up again. At the very least he did a good job showing identifying features with his pictures.

The cash set was sold and will be returned to me by the buyer. I think that he shill bids his own auctions so it’s likely the tournament set will come back up again. At the very least he did a good job showing identifying features with his pictures.
So I want to say publically in the thread that @bucklesbets purchased the cash set. We had a private conversation discussing the matter and came to a mutual agreement that we felt was fair. I won’t go into details regarding it, but as of now he’s gonna be keeping the chips. That said he has shown to me that he is an upstanding person who will do the right thing even when it’s hard and I hope all of you accept him into the community with open arms.

@Bill_Man618 beat me to the post, but better late than never I hope…

Okay all…I am the (naïve and rather new) idiot who purchased the cash set from eBay.

The first thing I will say is: I did not know these were @Bill_Man618 chips, nor did I know they were stolen. I honestly (and, again, naively) thought I had found a deal/someone didn’t know what they were selling or I was jumping on a deal early.

The second thing I will say is: as soon as I was alerted to this thread and found out they were stolen, I immediately PM’d @Bill_Man618 and offered to return them to him as soon as they arrived (assuming they do). I also offered to do whatever is helpful to assist any authority or investigation to bring the culprit to justice.

I felt horrible all day as I waited for a response to my PM. My stomach is still in knots as I think about the situation. I intended no malice, and my character is such that I want to do whatever I can to make him whole again.

@Bill_Man618 and I have been exchanging messages back and forth this evening, and we chatted on the phone just a few minutes ago. After that conversation, I will close with the following thoughts:
  1. I cannot thank @Bill_Man618 enough for his understanding and generosity. He is a stand up guy, and I am immensely grateful.
  2. This community is amazing.
  3. My sincere apologies for a noob faux pas. I have learned a lesson here, and will be much more diligent in the future.

1. My sincere apologies for a noob faux pas. I have learned a lesson here, and will be much more diligent in the future.

I don't see that you have any culpability in this matter. You approached the auction in good faith. That you would even take the time to reach out and try to correct an injustice says much (positive) about your integrity.

Welcome to PCF!

Okay all…I am the (naïve and rather new) idiot who purchased the cash set from eBay.

The first thing I will say is: I did not know these were @Bill_Man618 chips, nor did I know they were stolen. I honestly (and, again, naively) thought I had found a deal/someone didn’t know what they were selling or I was jumping on a deal early.

The second thing I will say is: as soon as I was alerted to this thread and found out they were stolen, I immediately PM’d @Bill_Man618 and offered to return them to him as soon as they arrived (assuming they do). I also offered to do whatever is helpful to assist any authority or investigation to bring the culprit to justice.

I felt horrible all day as I waited for a response to my PM. My stomach is still in knots as I think about the situation. I intended no malice, and my character is such that I want to do whatever I can to make him whole again.

@Bill_Man618 and I have been exchanging messages back and forth this evening, and we chatted on the phone just a few minutes ago. After that conversation, I will close with the following thoughts:
  1. I cannot thank @Bill_Man618 enough for his understanding and generosity. He is a stand up guy, and I am immensely grateful.
  3. My sincere apologies for a noob faux pas. I have learned a lesson here, and will be much more diligent in the future.

you did nothing wrong, and therefore have no need to apologize, from what i can tell. its an awkward position to be in for sure though. im glad you guys worked it out.

Any updates?
Only update I have other than what was said regarding the cash set is that since the tournament set was listed with the cash set the cop was able to get a subpoena. This will probably go to eBay to get the contact info. I was advised that they should be able to get a warrant, but that came from a lawyer and not the detective. There are still 3 items unaccounted for which will hopefully be found if the cop is able to get a search warrant. However, both of the sets have been marked as sold. One I can confirm is sold and the details are in this thread. The other may or may not have been sold as it is possible he will relist it like he has done with other items. All in all, we’ve moved in the right direction. There is now more to work with and it is still in the realm of possibility that the remaining items will be found.

Well turn this into good news, now you can hunt down your next chip set!
I actually got a cards mold set delivered a few days ago. So the replacement is here along with a RHC custom set that’ll be finished early this year. So lots of cool things in the pipeline. Might go CPC for the next set.

That is unfortunate, remember to take pic of the Return Address on the Parcel when you received them.

Send them to the OP as proof of more evidence in case it is needed in future.

Also on the side note, can't believe that the Thief got away with $900 for the Cash Set and $350 for the Tourney Set

Okay update for all and a goodish one this time. I now know who shipped the package with the name and full address. I sent that to the detective and am still awaiting a response. However, I am 99% sure that the name and address are real since the individual listed as the sender was arrested on felony charges in 2018. Those charges were as follows: attempting to introduce contraband into a prison (F), theft from a dwelling (F) this is basically B&E, petit theft (M). They served 18 months in 2018 and were placed on probation. Seems to me that we are dealing with an individual of an exceptionally low IQ. I was also able to see the house they reside in which looks, as you may expect, like a trap house. I'm pretty sure they are just a standard Tallahassee druggie since they contraband that they tried to mail along with their nudes was Suboxone which is used to get off of opiates. No disrespect to those who may use it or may have used it, but in this case it appears that they may still have a drug problem that they are trying to pay for by stealing. At least we got some new info that can hopefully be used to arrest the perpetuators.

Okay update for all and a goodish one this time. I now know who shipped the package with the name and full address. I sent that to the detective and am still awaiting a response. However, I am 99% sure that the name and address are real since the individual listed as the sender was arrested on felony charges in 2018. Those charges were as follows: attempting to introduce contraband into a prison (F), theft from a dwelling (F) this is basically B&E, petit theft (M). They served 18 months in 2018 and were placed on probation. Seems to me that we are dealing with an individual of an exceptionally low IQ. I was also able to see the house they reside in which looks, as you may expect, like a trap house. I'm pretty sure they are just a standard Tallahassee druggie since they contraband that they tried to mail along with their nudes was Suboxone which is used to get off of opiates. No disrespect to those who may use it or may have used it, but in this case it appears that they may still have a drug problem that they are trying to pay for by stealing. At least we got some new info that can hopefully be used to arrest the perpetuators.
After reading this I really hope the buyer isn’t near Tallahassee since the guy has his address. Being super paranoid here but this guy might come back and try to steal them again since he will know where they are.

Since it seemed like the thief was wandering around checking car doors in parking lots, his record doesn’t surprise me. Desperate people doing desperate things. His lifestyle will likely take him down, if justice isn’t served for this crime.

Sounds like this isn’t too bad of a resolution.

So I want to say publically in the thread that @bucklesbets purchased the cash set. We had a private conversation discussing the matter and came to a mutual agreement that we felt was fair. I won’t go into details regarding it, but as of now he’s gonna be keeping the chips. That said he has shown to me that he is an upstanding person who will do the right thing even when it’s hard and I hope all of you accept him into the community with open arms.

I'm glad you guys were able to work something out. Two stand up chippers who are welcome at my game anytime!!:tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom