Tourney Rebuy chip....how does it work (1 Viewer)

Michael Murphy

High Hand
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a tournament night at one of our regular monthly games, we have been playing cash, and was trying to figure out how to handle rebuys. I want to allow 1 rebuy, probably up to first break and only if the player busts out. I have seen rebuy chips but don't know how they work.

I did try that first BG. After wading through a couple pages of posts I didn't see a real definitive answer on the function of the rebuy chip or how it worked. maybe I didn't search the correct phrase, i'll try another.

Everyone gets a button when they buy in. to rebuy, you turn in your chip. The only way to rebuy is with the chip. no chip. no rebuy. After the rebuy period is over, collect the remaining chips.

You can also manage this through software or pen and paper, but hey, we are chip people.

That is about it

Aaaa, ok so you don't buy the rebuy chip ahead of time like I was thinking.
Thanks

Not your direct question but we have settled in on a modified rebuy approach. We start with either 3000 or 4000 chips depending on how many players we are going to have. We allow unlimited rebuys for the first two hours. Now here is the mod. We allow you to rebuy anytime your chip stack drops below 1000 not just on a total bust.

Generally you only rebuy when you're busto before the end of the rebuy period -- full chip stack for full buy-in. This also includes a new bounty chip if you use them

someone posted an idea not too long ago I might try... if you have not used your rebuy chip at the end of the rebuy period, you may rebuy if you want, but you forfeit your current chip stack. It's up to the player to decide if that's in their best interest or not. So you're basically acting as if you had busted on the last hand before the rebuy period.

There are several threads on PCF containing detailed info on how re-buys (and re-buy chips) can be used. At least one of them has a near-identical title as this one.

If allowing multiple re-buys, no chips are needed. But if restricting the number of re-buys per player (usually one, but can be max. two or more), a re-buy chip is useful for determining eligibility. When a player has no re-buy chips, he can no longer re-buy.

Some events alao assign value to the re-buy chip, where an unused re-buy chip can be redeemed for free add-on chips at the end of the re-buy period.

There are several threads on PCF containing detailed info on how re-buys (and re-buy chips) can be used. At least one of them has a near-identical title as this one
yes there are lots of threads on how re-buys work and different approaches to re-buys and add ons, but I was looking for how the player gets the Re-buy chip. My thought was they bought it when first buying in and I thought that would create problems. I was overlooking the simplest answer that it is given to the player as an easy way to keep track of rebuys. I could see if you were running a multi table tourney where this would be really helpful, but for my game 1 table and 8 to 9 players it probably wouldn't be needed, but hey moor chips is better right!

I've seen them used as a marker. Everybody gets a rebuy chip as a part of their buyin. It's used to keep track if there's only 1 rebuy allowed. You hand it in when you rebuy.

Others make you buy the rebuy chip up front as an extra.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom