Bounty Chip & Rebuy Chip same colour? (1 Viewer)

Grimalkin

Pair
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am trying to repurpose some of my red chips. I need some bounty chips, and I need some rebuy/reload chips. Since I already have the chips purchased I was considering just getting custom labels made for these. Does anyone see any issues using the same red chip for both Bounty and Rebuy/Reload? A player would have one of each typically at the start of the game.

Edit: for clarification purposes, the reds are not being used as a playing chip, so these “extras” would only be used as bounty and rebuy/reload, and would be the only reds on the table.

Last edited:
Uhhhh having both chips is okay, but no, I wouldn't want them to be the same color. Sure, it will work fine, but rather not. What do the players do with the rebuy chips? So they go allin, lose, opponent gets their red bounty, now they hand the rebuy chip to the tournament director?

I don't think I understand what rebuy chips are used for anyways so maybe I'm a bad reference lol

It is to keep track of who has rebought and who hasn't. As a host, it can be difficult to play, and do all the hosting duties, while also keeping a tally of which individual players have used their one rebuy or reload. So if I give them a chip, it lets me focus on other things, and they can just give me the chip, the cash, and I give them their rebuy/reload. I think the reload chip is more important, as it would represent actual money/chips already paid and waiting for the player to cash it in for more chips (if doing a pre-rebuy type tournament)

As for the same colour, ya I am just trying to use what I have on hand, but I see the advantage of using a different colour. Just trying to not spend more money on this set, as I seem to be sinking money into it weekly!

Okay that's smart, makes sense. I think your instincts are correct: it'll work fine but its not optimal. That's the worst thing I can say on this website lol but its true.

Label dependent. It would be sub-optimal. How many players do you have? What kind of chips? I know a place you can find chips, lots of options if doing a relabel anyhow.

Let me clarify that the red chips are not in play at my tournaments, I just have extras, they are the $5 red royals.

So I figured using red only for the bounty and rebuy chips would be okay, since reds are not touching the table at all as a playing chip. I currently have 10-15 player games, but I’m trying to grow it to 20-25.

What kind of chips are we talking about? If you're talking about relabeling them, then, you could use a dramatically different label for both which might help differentiate them. Frr example the bounty could have a white label with red lettering, and, rebuy could have yellow label with black lettering. Just a quick thought

They are the 43mm CC Apache $5 Royals. Yes I think different label designs could do the trick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom