Cash Game How to calculate PLO pot sized bets from the blinds preflop? (2 Viewers)

Ok here’s a question.

Blinds are 5-10-25.

(All blinds are counted as $25)

Button straddles.

SB calls $50
BB calls $50
Forced $25 calls to $50.
Another player calls $50.

What can button raise to?

$350? I think I was told this was wrong…that’s 3x the last bet then adding the tail.

The 3X + rest of pot shortcut is the max bet amount, not max raise amount. The button doesn't count its own previous contribution to the pot in that max bet amount.

It may seem counterintuitive, but the max bet that the button can make is $300 whether they straddled or not. The max bet is a call first, then a raise by the pot at that point. So button's $50 plus 4 other players' $50 = $250, which is raised on top of the button's $50, for a total max bet of $300.

The 3X + rest of pot shortcut is the max bet amount, not max raise amount. The button doesn't count its own previous contribution to the pot in that max bet amount.

It may seem counterintuitive, but the max bet that the button can make is $300 whether they straddled or not. The max bet is a call first, then a raise by the pot at that point. So button's $50 plus 4 other players' $50 = $250, which is raised on top of the button's $50, for a total max bet of $300.

Ah right that was my hang up. The straddle is irrelevant. Imagine button pulling it back for the calculation, then it's 3x $50 + $150 for a total of $300.

It does work out the same either way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom