Post your CPC approximation of your favorite Paulson, TRK, or BCC sets (1 Viewer)

BTW what is this 6HADS18 spot design?! I'm missing something, I can't find this on the CPC site nor the design tool.
It's 6DS18+ in the dropdown menu. I'm not sure why they have different notations when you save it as PNG.

Edit: I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Delta Club RHC's.
1603725557559.png

BTW what is this 6HADS18 spot design?! I'm missing something, I can't find this on the CPC site nor the design tool.

It's 6DS18+ in the dropdown menu. I'm not sure why they have different notations when you save it as PNG.

Nope, 6HADS18 cannot be created by selecting 6DS18+ in the tool. In the posted mockup, it's photoshopped by me from three separate 6DS18 mockup tool renders.

You can order it though, and it's the "official" pattern name I got from David.

Nope, 6HADS18 cannot be created by selecting 6DS18+ in the tool. In the posted mockup, it's photoshopped by me from three separate 6DS18 mockup tool renders.

You can order it though, and it's the "official" pattern name I got from David.
Yeah, I didn’t notice the three different spot combinations until I attempted to duplicate it. :tup:

What other spot options is @David Spragg keeping from us? 8V? 3TA14? :p

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info!

I guess if you have an idea for a spot design that seems reasonable, but isn't listed, it's worth asking!

4Moon, Polka Dots, 1/8 Pie...
6 moon (6HC)? :whistle: :whistling:

Bearclaws (4TSA18)?? :wow:

V or W spots??? :bigbucks:

Does anyone actually know why 3TRIM+ works for CPC but there's not 6TRIM+ option? Or why W and V spots aren't options? I seem to recall something about V spots not working very well, but I really don't remember.

6 moon (6HC)? :whistle: :whistling:

Bearclaws (4TSA18)?? :wow:

V or W spots??? :bigbucks:

Does anyone actually know why 3TRIM+ works for CPC but there's not 6TRIM+ option? Or why W and V spots aren't options? I seem to recall something about V spots not working very well, but I really don't remember.
6TRIM breaks after being punched the second time. I already asked David about that. V and W wouldn’t work because they can’t stick well, as CPC clay isn’t as soft and sticky as BCC/Paulson’s.

They sound like sex positions:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, the 818 and the 4TA316 are painfully missing, but there must be a reason...:rolleyes:
I personally hate 818, but the reason for it being missing is because 1/8 inch punches are fragile, and can’t punch more than 3 at a time, so you would have to quadruple punch a 218 spot, which would risk the operator losing a finger, so it can’t be done. 4TA316 should work, but they would need to buy new punches, which are expensive. The main reason most of the things Paulson can do can’t be done by CPC is because their process has harder clay and higher pressure, which means weird things can happen when you punch and press certain spots.

I personally hate 818, but the reason for it being missing is because 1/8 inch punches are fragile, and can’t punch more than 3 at a time, so you would have to quadruple punch a 218 spot, which would risk the operator losing a finger, so it can’t be done. 4TA316 should work, but they would need to buy new punches, which are expensive. The main reason most of the things Paulson can do can’t be done by CPC is because their process has harder clay and higher pressure, which means weird things can happen when you punch and press certain spots.

Would this be the same reason why there's no 4TSA18? or 3TA14?

I wonder how much a punch costs and how long it takes to ammortize?

Would this be the same reason why there's no 4TSA18? or 3TA14?

I wonder how much a punch costs and how long it takes to ammortize?
I believe they have a 3d printer for punches, but I’m not sure how much it costs per run, and if it works to make all spots. For steel punches he said they cost 10k-15k. David told me 3TA14 wouldn’t work because, “it would require 3/4 inch wide cuts in the blank chip. Put three of those in one blank and the inner corners touch each other so the whole thing falls apart.” I don’t really understand what that means, but that’s what I was told. As for 4TSA18, I think that’s the reason it doesn’t work, but I never specifically asked him about those spots.

It wouldn’t be fair if I only did one! I did Bergs’ set too. It isn’t nearly as accurate. I did the Harlequins too but since @H|Q is still a live and kicking member here I don’t want to post them for him. I’m starting to see a theme appear with the limit set chips.
81358EC3-0C9C-450D-9679-39FCD37061FE.png

For tonal comparison I would use a dayglow yellow or whatever the funky color on Club Courage .50 or Bill's House of Bluff 5

@JeepologyOffroad gets all the credit for the inspiration. He created a great tribute lineup for the cards mold groupbuys. I'll be ordering a set of those for myself at some point... the CPC route might be a tad too much for the pocket book, but they sure do look nice.
Considered doing that many times myself as a tourney set, but those high denom spots probably cost more than the real thing haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom